Again! Unable to purchase internet, cheers, specialty dining "maximum orders exceeded!"

TrinaLC

Title says it all.  Same thing happened yesterday, could not place orders.

Carnival extended through today.  We were not able to go online until a few hours ago - and have been trying ever since.

I hope they extend again but I'm not holding my breath.

9 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I guess people are going to keep waiting until the website goes down and then complain that the website is down when Carnival gave them weeks of warning.

No doubt!! I have no more sympathy for people who waited until the very last second to do this knowing long ahead that the prices were going up. 

• Like 3

Screenshot your attempt with the error message, capturing the date and time. It might help in case you need to contact Guest Services to try and get the lower cost, in case you aren't successful in getting it. Make sure you try again before midnight Eastern. 

Just got off a cruise today and got emailed the reminder.  Decided to book the steakhouse for next cruise and now I can't.  Figure the folks here would know what is up.  I think it is fair to complain if the website is not working.  That is my opinion.  Especially when carnival sends an email encouraging me to book things today.  Hopefully they will take care of me tomorrow.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

No doubt!! I have no more sympathy for people who waited until the very last second to do this knowing long ahead that the prices were going up. 

Maybe some folks didn't have money until a certain time or were waiting on others in a cabin/party to decide, whatever the reason, it should work up until the deadline and blaming passengers for a cruise lines screwy website isn't really right/fair.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

Really?  A business gives you until x/date/time to do something, and the consumer who has shelled out hundreds if not thousands of dollars dutifully follows those guidelines about 6-8 hours before the deadline, and the business screws up and doesn't take your order?  Why would you blame the consumer for that?

• Like 8

For my part, I waited patiently imagining that when the ambassador said specialty dining options would be populated to Celebration sailings weeks ago, it would surely be done by May - but of course, that never happened.  So if people pushing to book at the last minute overload the system and buy me a little more time, I certainly won't be complaining.  

I am having the same issues all evening.  I recently added a mom/daughter cruise to our bookings, and it hit me that I should add internet access.  So the cost difference will not be tremendous, but would still be nice to have that savings.  I hope Carnival extends this again and cleans up the glitch.  

It’s working now.  I had my final purchases in my cart at the original prices (Wi-Fi and steakhouse) and I was now able to check out successfully as it’s 12:01am eastern time.  If you’re  still up and can still see the old prices you may want to give it another try. 

Edited by ShodanCST

12 minutes ago, ShodanCST said:

It’s working now.  I had my final purchases in my cart at the original prices (Wi-Fi and steakhouse) and I was now able to check out successfully as it’s 12:01am eastern time.  If you’re  still up and can still see the old prices you may want to give it another try. 

Worked for me as well!