Gonna give this a try

Pebbs48

18 hours ago, Pebbs48 said:

Signed up for the May 28th sailing.  Looking forward to seeing what it's all about.

Please report on your experience.  Your effort to do so will be much appreciated.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Anyone know if the Bahamas Health Visa that is $40 pp is still required?

It's been a few months, but we didn't have to do that when we sailed to the Bahamas in September. 

On 5/10/2022 at 8:39 AM, Tapi said:

It's been a few months, but we didn't have to do that when we sailed to the Bahamas in September. 

New info. Not required unless you intend to stay or do the extended stay at a hotel.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 2:16 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Anyone know if the Bahamas Health Visa that is $40 pp is still required?

You might be thinking of Bermuda.  I know that is what they are requiring.  I am calling it the 'Covid Tax'

On 5/17/2022 at 6:41 PM, 9876 said:

You might be thinking of Bermuda.  I know that is what they are requiring.  I am calling it the 'Covid Tax'

No, Bahamas. I found out it is required if you stay. Not required for the 2 day cruise itself.

• 2 weeks later...

When I booked I asked. Took the cruise. Did not stay. Was not required. If you intend to get off you will need your mask to go into and out of the reception building. My son and daughter said after that they took off the masks and were never required to put them back on until they returned to the same building to board the ship. $12 pp 25 min ride had no A/C in the van. Roasted both ways. Want to do a free nice beach. Go to town, go past the police station, There it is.

Thanks. I have been unable to get a clear answer from Carnival. My gut has been telling me that the Bahamian authorities will not be checking for these Health Visas at the port but I couldn't find anyone who would state that unequivocally. From one vet (Army, 28 years active) to another, thank you.

17 hours ago, LEgionSix said:

Thanks. I have been unable to get a clear answer from Carnival. My gut has been telling me that the Bahamian authorities will not be checking for these Health Visas at the port but I couldn't find anyone who would state that unequivocally. From one vet (Army, 28 years active) to another, thank you.

Your welcome. If you are going on a Carnival ship. You will dock at a different location. They will probably do the same at that building.

On 6/1/2022 at 10:54 AM, LEgionSix said:

Is this written anywhere? 

In the past couple months I have been to Nassau, Coco Cay twice and Ocean Cay and there is NO health visa required for the Bahamas if you're arriving via cruise ship. I can't speak for those opting to stay in a hotel which is one of the options Margaritaville at Sea offers. Also, the rules are different if you're flying to the Bahamas. But for a typical day visit such as on a cruise, no visa and no restrictions except those imposed by the cruise line itself.

Edited by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

3 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

In the past couple months I have been to Nassau, Coco Cay twice and Ocean Cay and there is NO health visa required for the Bahamas if you're arriving via cruise ship. I can't speak for those opting to stay in a hotel which is one of the options Margaritaville at Sea offers. Also, the rules are different if you're flying to the Bahamas. But for a typical day visit such as on a cruise, no visa and no restrictions except those imposed by the cruise line itself.

If you intend to satay a a Hotel you ARE required to purchase. The cost will depend on how many days you intend to stay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Wondering if there are any updates on this cruise line? Are they sailing now. Would like to try it.

Any updates would be appreciated.

Go to the Margaritaville cruise ship web site. All the info is there. Just Google it.

2 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Wondering if there are any updates on this cruise line? Are they sailing now. Would like to try it.

Any updates would be appreciated.

Yes, they are sailing. The initial reviews are overall favorable.

Their website shows some great prices, even better if you can go during the week vs weekend dates.

3 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Yes, they are sailing. The initial reviews are overall favorable.

Their website shows some great prices, even better if you can go during the week vs weekend dates.

Where did you read favorable reviews??? Way tooo expensive for the cruise and all the extras on board. The show was nice, the ship I liked, the room I liked most of the food was good. But everything was way over priced. Got it to blow? Then go.

9 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Where did you read favorable reviews??? Way tooo expensive for the cruise and all the extras on board. The show was nice, the ship I liked, the room I liked most of the food was good. But everything was way over priced. Got it to blow? Then go.

Most of the favorable reviews I have seen on the Internet are from the media, who did not pay for the cruise.  I think that as the “newness” of the branding wanes, the pricing will start to get lower.  Cruisers who have been on larger, modern ships will be disappointed in this 30 year old ship, and the lack of bars, venues, and restaurants.

Before renaming, we were sailing Grand Classica with buy one get one and 5 free drinks.  I want to cruise on this ship, but will wait for price reductions.  Since we live in West Palm, we use this as a weekend getaway from it all trip.

1 hour ago, rikitikitavii said:

Most of the favorable reviews I have seen on the Internet are from the media, who did not pay for the cruise.  I think that as the “newness” of the branding wanes, the pricing will start to get lower.  Cruisers who have been on larger, modern ships will be disappointed in this 30 year old ship, and the lack of bars, venues, and restaurants.

Before renaming, we were sailing Grand Classica with buy one get one and 5 free drinks.  I want to cruise on this ship, but will wait for price reductions.  Since we live in West Palm, we use this as a weekend getaway from it all trip.

I agree with you. We live in Port Saint Lucie. So just an hour from home to ship. Even though the ship is old. I thought they did a fine job of spiffing it up. For the most part, Clean and Caribbean. However, going to Port Canaveral for us is only 1 hour and 45 min. Well worth the extra time for a far better deal.

18 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Where did you read favorable reviews??? The show was nice, the ship I liked, the room I liked most of the food was good. I thought they did a fine job of spiffing it up. For the most part, Clean and Caribbean.

Well, those are two favorable reviews.....from you. Yeah, you had complaints too but I was recently on two RCI cruises and one MSC cruise and they weren't perfect either. Let's accept it for what it is.

• Like 1