The Daily for Friday 05/06/2022

richwmn

39 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Debbie, quick post here.  We arrived today in Seattle to board the beautiful Eurodam tomorrow.  Remember last year you had such great crab legs here at the waterfront?!   This year there is NONE anywhere.  I was going to have a crab feast here in Seattle because I saw it’s eliminated from all the HAL restaurant menus.  
The waiter at Elliott’s said they just can’t obtain it.  Glad you got to enjoy it last season!  And sorry you’re rooming with a stranger — who is no longer a stranger. 😊

Wow!!  I know one sister who would be terribly upset.  Hope you have a great cruise.

Edited by dfish
  • Like 10

12 hours ago, HELENPSL said:

My name is Helen and I am a longtime lurker on The Daily.  First let me thank you for all the information that all of you share.  It has helped me numerous times.  But that is not the real reason I'm writing today.  

I belong to numerous different groups on Facebook but, very honestly, I have never seen a group like this one.  You are the most caring, loving and concerned people.  I am sure that some of you may have cruised together before but that most of you have actually never met in person.  But seeing your love and kindness towards each other has amazed me - especially your concern for Jacqui who is a dear friend.  We cruised together with Jacqui and Jose in 2019 on the Prinsendam.  My partner Angelo and Jose fell in love at first sight.  Have you ever heard two grown men giggling and belly laughing together?  That's how they were during the entire cruise.  So much joy and so many wonderful memories.

Don't know how often I will actually post but I wanted all of you to know you should be so proud of the group that you have created.  It is truly astounding!

Helen

Welcome Helen.

Very nice to hear from you.

Graham.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well, the storms they've been warning us about never hit home. There's rain dotted around the radar map in Georgia but none here.  I hope everyone else is safe from tornado watches or warnings this evening, too.

@St Pete Cruisersafe travels and bon voyage.  Surely Venice has been a bucket list item for you, so enjoy it thoroughly.

Just heard from twin sister.  One of her kids and her hubby were on vacay in Honduras scuba diving this week and headed home tomorrow.  Unfortunately, her DD had a positive Covid test today, so is being tested again.  Looks like her DH flies home tomorrow and she stays for 5 days under quarantine at her resort.  UNLESS the next test comes back negative.  Wonder what happens then?  

Sending your niece and your sister our prayers 🙏 and very best wishes that the next test is negative and they are both well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Unfortunately for my first choice the self-injectable form isn't available, as it's being used in hospitalized Covid patients who have respiratory issues or are on ventilators

Strange that they're using a self-injectable drug on patients on ventilators who are presumably unconscious.  Glad you at least found something.

Roy

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2022 at 7:20 PM, StLouisCruisers said:

@USN59-79said:  

Thanks for the Qingdao pictures.  We were also on the Diamond in May, 2010.  Boarded in Beijing and got off at Vancouver.  We have also been to Qingdao, but it must have been on another Asia cruise as Qingdao is located between Shanghai and Beijing.  Qingdao was once called Tsingtao and is home to the famous beer.  The Germans built the brewery there in 1903.  We visited it by catching a city bus near where the ship's shuttle let us off downtown.  It was an interesting excursion.

Ray

Ray, You were probably on the second half of our cruise.  We were on starting in Bangkok and ending in Whittier, flying home on May 15, 2010 from Anchorage.  You would have gotten on in Beijing and continued on in the U.S. doing Alaska and departing in Vancouver.  From Beijing we stopped in Dalian, then Qingdao, followed by Busan South Korea.  You might recall that it was so foggy in Busan we didn't get in for hours, with the foghorn blasting frequently.  We eventually did get into Busan which was followed by Vladivostok Russia and Muroran Japan.  Funny that we were on this ship at the same time.

Can I ask what you did in Busan?

On 6/28/2022 at 6:54 AM, MarcyLondon said:

Can I ask what you did in Busan?

Much like Dalian we walked through the famous fish market and the shopping areas where street food is popular. There we saw that shoe stores are quite popular in South Korea. Our ship was delayed getting into Busan due to heavy fog but they really needed supplies from there so made a real effort to get into the harbor when it began to lift.