Atlas Bar.

Guest Cooper2020

Guest Cooper2020

I am looking forward to trying the new Atlas Bar on the Onward later in the year.  I shall be purchasing the Ultimate Package and understand  from this site that the Atlas Bar cocktails are included in the upgraded packages.  A question to anyone who has been on the recent Onward Cruise, Am I right in thinking that you can still use the bar for  'standard package' drinks?

2 minutes ago, laurieb said:

I’m not onboard (wish I was!), but my understanding is it is only the special cocktails on offer there, but you can carry in other drinks.

No, but a full range of drinks in the Ultimate package are stocked and can be purchased at the same price as other bars, the Signature cocktails are an addition that’s only available in the Atlas bar.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Riocca said:

No, but a full range of drinks in the Ultimate package are stocked and can be purchased at the same price as other bars, the Signature cocktails are an addition that’s only available in the Atlas bar.

Thank you for clearing up my misinterpretation.  I was thinking the non upgraded package drinks 🙂

Edited by laurieb

• 8 months later...

I am sure the answer can be found somewhere so forgive me please, but what area of the ship was removed to put in the Atlas Bar?  Are there any other significant differences between the Onward and the other ships?

16 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

I am sure the answer can be found somewhere so forgive me please, but what area of the ship was removed to put in the Atlas Bar?  Are there any other significant differences between the Onward and the other ships?

Library on the other 3 is Atlas Bar on Onward (who have a library area in the Living Room)

minimal differences...I have noticed that the stage & DJ Booth in Living Room can be in different areas on the different ships. Mosaic Cafe may be on opposite side and still some Princess and temporary furniture on Onward...proper stuff delayed (well had not made it by December)

Edited by Scots Caz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

The room was called the Drawing Room and was a very nice library and quiet room. To be honest I’d have to admit that it was not used much, though those people who did use it really valued it. On the Onward they moved the books to one side of the Living Room on Deck 10. I’d addition there are now lots of travel books in the shelving at the front of the Den, near where the shore excursions staff work on all the ships.

The only other significant difference between the ships is the sunset bar which is aft on Deck 5 on the Quest and Journey. There is no bar in that area on Pursuit and Onward.

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 3

It turns out that the eight 'identical' R-ships were never completely identical, plus the varied ownership chains over the years led to one-off renovations.  Onward is never going to be completely similar to Journey and Quest [even Pursuit is somewhat different].

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

The room was called the Drawing Room and was a very nice library and quiet room. To be honest I’d have to admit that it was not used much, though those people who did use it really valued it. On the Onward they moved the books to one side of the Living Room on Deck 10. I’d addition there are now lots of travel books in the shelving at the front of the Den, near where the shore excursions staff work on all the ships.

The only other significant difference between the ships is the sunset bar which is aft on Deck 5 on the Quest and Journey. There is no bar in that area on Pursuit and Onward.

It seems unfortunate that there is no sunset bar. We are on the Quest in May and Onward next July. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

That was the point of the library.  It was a pleasant place to be when you wanted to read or just relax.  I would spend hours there on sea days.   The ship really did not need yet another bar.

DON

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JM0115 said:

It seems unfortunate that there is no sunset bar. We are on the Quest in May and Onward next July. 

You can still sit out there, but there is no bar service outside of mealtime. You can get a drink at the pool bar and take it there. When Azamara took those two ships over from Princess and P & O the bar structure was not there and they decided not to put one in, to leave more room for tables at meal-times.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

That was the point of the library.  It was a pleasant place to be when you wanted to read or just relax.  I would spend hours there on sea days.   The ship really did not need yet another bar.

DON

The “replacement” library on the port side of Onward is very pleasant. It’s a quiet place to read on a sea day, but with a better view from the windows than the Drawing Room had. There are lots of books, although the travel guides are now in The Den, near the Shore Excursion desk.

Full disclosure: I am an unabashed fan of the Atlas Bar. It’s my favourite place to be on Onward. But: I am also a fan of any library, including the one on the port side of the Living Room.

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

You can still sit out there, but there is no bar service outside of mealtime. You can get a drink at the pool bar and take it there. When Azamara took those two ships over from Princess and P & O the bar structure was not there and they decided not to put one in, to leave more room for tables at meal-times.

Thanks for the info!