MIA flights $419 usually $250

cynt

Anybody else experiencing crazy flight prices to FL?  My usual October fall flight to MIA is $250ish all day, every day. Right now it's $419. YIKES!! I don't know rather to wait to see if it drops or pull the trigger and purchase it. I checked flying into FLL as well and it's still $400ish.  We're definitely paying for the cheap flights we got in 2020 and '21.

The prices are crazy. We always fly first class and tickets for middle of August jumped from $1200 R/T for 2 people to as of a few hours ago $2300. This is on American Airlines. Glad I booked at the $1200 rate as I was debating to wait or not.  This would be from Chicago to Miami

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 1:14 PM, cynt said:

Anybody else experiencing crazy flight prices to FL?  My usual October fall flight to MIA is $250ish all day, every day. Right now it's $419. YIKES!! I don't know rather to wait to see if it drops or pull the trigger and purchase it. I checked flying into FLL as well and it's still $400ish.  We're definitely paying for the cheap flights we got in 2020 and '21.

Hi,🙂 I am guessing you meant to say you are NOT paying for the cheap flights you got back in 20 and 21. Oh....you meant you are paying the price now........yes, it is true. Flights are high all over.

• Like 1

We always cruise in October and I have been checking every day. Our flight was as high as $461. And the other day it was $387. I booked. The next day it was $367. I cancelled and rebooked. Now it is $491. Check every day…several times a day. Now I have to stop looking because I’m locked in. LOL 

Edited by Indiansbaseball

• 1 month later...

We ended up adding an extra day to our trip pre-cruise because Wednesday flights were so much cheaper than Thursday. Since we are 6 people, the savings far outweighed an extra night of hotel/meals, plus hey, it's an extra day of vacation!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I booked flights for my myself and fiance back in March the same day I booked this cruise. In order to get flights that made sense for time and price, we will be flying in two days ahead of the cruise. The price for flights the day before a cruise was outrageous!!! I forgot that the airline companies have access to cruise port schedules and will set prices accordingly with the anticipation that a lot of people will fly in for cruises. The hotels are knowledgeable of this as well and plot their pricing right along with this.....SMH