MSC upgrade advice for YC bidding

WirelessRoute

15 hours ago, ddlb said:

If I were to book an inside or balcony Bella no perks could I still get the option bid on a YC?  Would they start the bidding higher for a YC balcony then the package you had?

Yes and yes. By the way it is the same company that handles the Oman Air upgrade bids. The minimum bid there is even more ridiculous. 

Just had an upgrade email through.

Tempted by YC upgrade- emails states price "based on two adults". (Myself, my partner and 2 children are in our cabin)

Would I be charged for my 6 and 4 yr old too? (They were charged approximately 1/4 fare on original booking)

Thanks for any help/advice!

25 minutes ago, shepardo01 said:

Just had an upgrade email through.

Tempted by YC upgrade- emails states price "based on two adults". (Myself, my partner and 2 children are in our cabin)

Would I be charged for my 6 and 4 yr old too? (They were charged approximately 1/4 fare on original booking)

Thanks for any help/advice!

Right you'll only be charged for the 2 adults. When you put the offer in it will show the total that will be charged if accepted. Curious what your dates and price range it shows for YC upgrade?

I had a bid offer and bid ‘fair’ and got an upgrade to the Royal Suite. Got the news 2 days before we sailed from Barcelona. It was an amazing cabin and the balcony was the best ever. Just go for whatever you feel you can afford, the YC is an amazing experience in itself xxx

12 hours ago, mco_rich said:

Just got upgrade to deluxe suite for minimum bid of $395 each only placed offer as a joke but paid off, can’t wait !,

Congrats when is your cruise, which ship and what was your original cabin category? I am still a week out on Seashore and not gotten any response on my offer. I bid well over $1k for each of us for YC Deluxe. The minimum was around $875 if I remember correctly. Starting to make me wonder if they are looking at the total price paid rather than just the your bid. Still seeing 11 rooms available for booking on MSC site for the sailing.

Edited by WirelessRoute

1 hour ago, mco_rich said:

Leave on May 26th originally had balcony cabin, we placed bid on Tuesday response Friday

Did you mean May 28th? the Seashore leave 21st and 28th.

What was your roughly your original booking amount/total? and How many guest ?

Wondering if the fact that I have 4 vs 2 makes a difference. Seems to when I price 2 vs 4.

Edited by WirelessRoute

2 hours ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

Looks like May 26th is a 3 nighter on Divina.  Remember it's the "amount per night" that you want to be comparing as well as the base fare paid.  

Welcome to CC.

4 hours ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

Looks like May 26th is a 3 nighter on Divina.  Remember it's the "amount per night" that you want to be comparing as well as the base fare paid.  

Makes since why now why minimum bid was so low. Min for Seashore 7 day at least for me was around $900.

1 hour ago, WirelessRoute said:

Makes since why now why minimum bid was so low. Min for Seashore 7 day at least for me was around $900.

I should have been more specific, 3 nights on Divina from 05/26

My Embarkation still says 2.00pm, think its ok to get there early now we are in deluxe suite ?

7 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Instead of stressing about whether or not you may / may not get an upgrade offer, and how much it will cost - just book your desired accomodation. Problem solved

I already booked the balcony room that I wanted at a great price. Like most I want the upgrade but don't want to pay full list price for it. Its completely over priced to be booked in advance probably why they offer the upgrade program to begin with.

I willing to try the upgrade route and not stressed about just curious to figure out the numbers game but as others have said their are far to many variables.

Edited by WirelessRoute
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mco_rich said:

I should have been more specific, 3 nights on Divina from 05/26

My Embarkation still says 2.00pm, think its ok to get there early now we are in deluxe suite ?

If past, recent accounts hold true, you'll see three different times week of sailing on web, email docs, and text.

They don't prioritize among YC rooms.  A deluxe is just a square room with walk in closet.  MSC figured they could charge more for them.  Show up at white tent when you feel so.  Depending how you enter, if people ask for your bags make sure you tell them you are YC as there are different porters.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

If past, recent accounts hold true, you'll see three different times week of sailing on web, email docs, and text.

They don't prioritize among YC rooms.  A deluxe is just a square room with walk in closet.  MSC figured they could charge more for them.  Show up at white tent when you feel so.  Depending how you enter, if people ask for your bags make sure you tell them you are YC as there are different porters.

I just want to get to the bar, as I said only placed a bid for minimum should be fun as I am usually cheap 

3 hours ago, WirelessRoute said:

Looks like we got the upgrade email this morning.

CONGRATULATIONS!
Your offer to upgrade your stateroom on your upcoming cruise has been accepted.

Congrats, that's great.   You will love the Yacht Club.  Enjoy

We have thought about upgrading our June 4 sailing, but even the minimum bid prices don't seem that much lower than it would have been if we had booked the upgraded room outright. Going to hold off unless they offer better deals. If anything, we will just enjoy our current balcony room and be happy with the amount that we paid for it. 

5 hours ago, GoBraves95 said:

We have thought about upgrading our June 4 sailing, but even the minimum bid prices don't seem that much lower than it would have been if we had booked the upgraded room outright. Going to hold off unless they offer better deals. If anything, we will just enjoy our current balcony room and be happy with the amount that we paid for it. 

I just started a thread about upgrading from a BB to a YC Inside. Received valuable advice from others. Each person has their reasons for upgrading. So, we have choices and only each of us can make our own decisions to upgrade or not.

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising! 

On 5/15/2022 at 12:16 PM, dexddd said:

In the YC the Grand Balcony Suite (YCP) is the square stateroom with the walk-in closet.  The Deluxe Balcony Suite (YC1) is the rectangular standard balcony suite.

On 5/16/2022 at 10:28 AM, Paphillyguy said:

Congrats, that's great.   You will love the Yacht Club.  Enjoy

Does anyone know if the travel documentation should be updated to reflect you are booked in Yacht Club from the upgrade? I received updated docs from my TA but it appears all they did was change the room number.

The experience on the documentation still shows " Bella" Does YC have different luggage tags also?

The luggage tags just show " Voyagers Club" but also list experience as "Bella" I was expecting new updated documents and luggage tags showing the updated experience. This way there is no confusion at embarkation or with porters at luggage check in.

9 hours ago, WirelessRoute said:

Does anyone know if the travel documentation should be updated to reflect you are booked in Yacht Club from the upgrade? I received updated docs from my TA but it appears all they did was change the room number.

The experience on the documentation still shows " Bella" Does YC have different luggage tags also?

The luggage tags just show " Voyagers Club" but also list experience as "Bella" I was expecting new updated documents and luggage tags showing the updated experience. This way there is no confusion at embarkation or with porters at luggage check in.

Don't put the Bella tags on your bags.  When you check in at the YC white tent they will work with the porters to put YC tags on your bags.  They will also know that your experience is YC, not Bella.  When you do the counter check in, they will give you cards with the YC logo on them.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Don't put the Bella tags on your bags.  When you check in at the YC white tent they will work with the porters to put YC tags on your bags.  They will also know that your experience is YC, not Bella.  When you do the counter check in, they will give you cards with the YC logo on them.

Thanks for that! I contacted MSC support they said the document itself is just paper and they can't seem to remove Bella from it. She said the boarding document shows YC, with YC room on 18th floor and to ignore the experience line. The CSR told me to follow signs for YC when we arrive in port. She said once we check in everything will be as YC (Room, bands, experience etc).  I wish MSC had their stuff together so the documents showed proper details but if its just a paper mistake I am OK with it as long as there is no confusion at check in. Anyways looking forward to the cruise!