Randex LFT

Kittyonions

Hi everyone,

getting rather anxious regarding the testing on Friday, prior to boarding Iona on Saturday. Has anyone any advice regarding loading multiple tests onto the app. Is it better to do each one individually, rather than we all do the tests at the same time and then panic to get them onto the app within the 15 minute timescale. Any help much appreciated!

We did two tests at once on the app - I think 4 is the maximum on the account anyway isn't it?  

Please don't stress its really easy, it took just 3 minutes to get our results back!

4 hours ago, Kittyonions said:

Hi everyone,

getting rather anxious regarding the testing on Friday, prior to boarding Iona on Saturday. Has anyone any advice regarding loading multiple tests onto the app. Is it better to do each one individually, rather than we all do the tests at the same time and then panic to get them onto the app within the 15 minute timescale. Any help much appreciated!

. We have booked ours at Lloyds Chemists...in at 11am..test and result plus certificate by 11.20. No hassle.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kittyonions said:

Hi everyone,

Also I'd add there's no way of Randox knowing how long it takes to up load the photos.  I suppose they say 15 minutes just so people don't do it the day before or something but if it was 30 minutes or an hour they wouldn't know.

If you are that worried about it stagger the times that people take the test, you have an option to set a timer or just go straight to results, so you could do the first test, move on to the next and so on, then when you load the results you would be ok. 
like Waju said you can add a maximum of 4 people which you’ve hopefully already done as you have to add passport numbers

7 hours ago, Waju said:

Also I'd add there's no way of Randox knowing how long it takes to up load the photos.  I suppose they say 15 minutes just so people don't do it the day before or something but if it was 30 minutes or an hour they wouldn't know.

Doesn't the metadata stay with the photo when you send it to Randox, or any other provider?

Just now, terrierjohn said:

Doesn't the metadata stay with the photo when you send it to Randox, or any other provider?

I think that means someone, somewhere knows when the picture was taken?  So just take the picture when you are ready to send it - I wouldn't think there was a way of knowing when you put the drops on the 'thingy'.

In any case 15 minutes is loads of time - it all takes seconds.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2022 at 9:12 PM, Waju said:

We did two tests at once on the app - I think 4 is the maximum on the account anyway isn't it?  

Please don't stress its really easy, it took just 3 minutes to get our results back!

Did you just go onto Randox website and order home kit LFT  (fit to fly) test?  Thanks

3 hours ago, yamanid said:

Did you just go onto Randox website and order home kit LFT  (fit to fly) test?  Thanks

Yes we did, we collected locally and paid £11 (I think)  you can have them delivered for a bit extra.  They can only be used though if you have the app so just check first that you can download it from the app store.

Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, Waju said:

Yes we did, we collected locally and paid £11 (I think)  you can have them delivered for a bit extra.  They can only be used though if you have the app so just check first that you can download it from the app store.

Hope that helps.

Yes we bought a Randox test as a test run. Had to input your details to the app 1st - passport number + photo. Once your profile is set up its all straight forward. I actually done the test before setting up the profile on the app. Literally a few clicks, then had to wait 15 mins before could take a pic of the test. Then just a case waiting for your email - which in my case was 5 mins. The hardest part was taking a photo of the passport- it was saying show the front, then saying too close,  then show the back, was about to try and start again as didn't really know what I was doing and then all of a sudden it accepted the picture. Hopefully now it's all set up will be straight forward when doing it for real

Edited by JDB78
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, loveheart said:

Can someone please give me the code to get the £1.50 off. It will save me searching through all the posts.

Thanks. 

If you google lots come up - don't know whether they still work though.  There were lots of codes when you needed a fit to fly to come back to England but they may not still be valid.  I just found HD10OFF you could try that.

1 minute ago, Waju said:

If you google lots come up - don't know whether they still work though.  There were lots of codes when you needed a fit to fly to come back to England but they may not still be valid.  I just found HD10OFF you could try that.

Thank you. There was a specific one that people were using on here. We used it for a test test but I can't remember what it was now.

On 5/14/2022 at 3:30 PM, Waju said:

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much, yes we will download the app.  excellent

On 5/14/2022 at 3:30 PM, Waju said:

Hope that helps.

Sorry to trouble you again  -  is it the Randox Fit to Fly lft test  (even although we are not flying) lol  Thank you

Just now, yamanid said:

Sorry to trouble you again  -  is it the Randox Fit to Fly lft test  (even although we are not flying) lol  Thank you

You need Randox Lateral Flow Test at home - UK.  £13.50 - £12.00 with a code or £11 collected

6 minutes ago, Waju said:

You need Randox Lateral Flow Test at home - UK.  £13.50 - £12.00 with a code or £11 collected

Thank you for your help again   -  when I looked it up on Randox site it says     -   Includes 1 x Pre-departure Lateral Flow test (Not suitable for day 2 testing)  ?

1 hour ago, Waju said:

That's the one i bought and downloaded the certifly app. not used it yet.

1 hour ago, yamanid said:

Thank you for your help again   -  when I looked it up on Randox site it says     -   Includes 1 x Pre-departure Lateral Flow test (Not suitable for day 2 testing)  ?

The day 2 testing is an old test requirement when anyone coming into the UK had to take a test 2 days after arriving. It no longer applies but Randox haven't taken it off the description yet.

You can safely order that one.

I paid £11, it was available to collect immediately from a local convenience store. I live in Leeds, your location might not have a local shop that stocks them.

Edit - for those searching for a discount code, it's in red lettering at the top of the order page - Use coupon “FLY15” to receive exclusive discount for both Lateral Flow or PCR testing kits

Edited by vitrocmax
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, vitrocmax said:

The day 2 testing is an old test requirement when anyone coming into the UK had to take a test 2 days after arriving. It no longer applies but Randox haven't taken it off the description yet.

You can safely order that one.

I paid £11, it was available to collect immediately from a local convenience store. I live in Leeds, your location might not have a local shop that stocks them.

Edit - for those searching for a discount code, it's in red lettering at the top of the order page - Use coupon “FLY15” to receive exclusive discount for both Lateral Flow or PCR testing kits

Thank you for this information, we thought that might be the case.  I saw the coupon code at the top of the order page.  I will check to see if there is a collection point near us here in Scotland.  We used Randox last year for PCR test ( 2 day after travel) and it all went smoothly.

Thans again