This "Bermuda Travel Authorization" Tax Thing.....

I searched for RCL specific posts on this forum and couldn't find what I was seeking.

We're on a cruise this July that takes us to Bermuda. Am I assuming correctly that when we receive our travel docs, there will be information about this? How do we pay this tax at $40 each? Does the cruise line have us register independently, or do we pay RCL the money and they handle it for us? I would personally think that since RCL is bringing us to Bermuda - they'd at least handle the travel authorization documents. I can clearly understand us paying it, however. That is, unless it's gone by July.

1 minute ago, johnjen said:

Am I assuming correctly that when we receive our travel docs, there will be information about this? How do we pay this tax at $40 each? Does the cruise line have us register independently, or do we pay RCL the money and they handle it for us?

This has been mentioned in a couple of threads, most recently in the live from Adventure thread by @BennyBrun. You do all the work.

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This has been mentioned in a couple of threads, most recently in the live from Adventure thread by @BennyBrun. You do all the work.

Thanks, and I found the stuff I needed to review in his live threads. Looks easy. Just a bit miffed everyone still must pay for this crap.

Edited by johnjen
  • Like 1

I am going to wait until I have the negative test results in hand before I sign up and pay the $40 fee since it is non-refundable if you test positive.    

There are plenty of cruises with various lines and other travelers upset with Bermuda for this money grabbing fee (last year it was $75 so I guess we are suppose to be excited they lowered the price).     

Bermuda is one of our favorite islands and we cannot wait to return.

Our Bermuda sailing isn't until later this summer and I am hoping they will have stopped this requirement by then (One can hope!).

I don’t mind the $40, it is the additional paperwork. Very unwieldy for large family. We were bringing other families with multiple children. This will be a dealbreaker for them. (Twice canceled family cruise rescheduled to October). Logistics was hard enough for regular cruise we took this spring. 

Having to cancel our 5/13 NCL Bermuda cruise yesterday due to a household member's positive test who wasn't even sailing, I forgot to include this $40 Bermuda non-refundable fee in our travel insured costs.

If you are currently purchasing travel insurance for a Bermuda cruise, don't forget to add in that $40 fee per cruise passenger to your cruise fare and other costs when determining your insurance needs.

56 minutes ago, powelweb said:

Having to cancel our 5/13 NCL Bermuda cruise yesterday due to a household member's positive test who wasn't even sailing, I forgot to include this $40 Bermuda non-refundable fee in our travel insured costs.

If you are currently purchasing travel insurance for a Bermuda cruise, don't forget to add in that $40 fee per cruise passenger to your cruise fare and other costs when determining your insurance needs.

If the person testing positive wasn’t sailing; why are you cancelling?

17 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

If the person testing positive wasn’t sailing; why are you cancelling?

It was our 18-year-old son who tested positive. He's wrapping up his senior year in high school, so we didn't want to leave him on his own should his symptoms worsen. We had booked this cruise to sail with family, and they also canceled last minute due to a positive covid test.

2 hours ago, powelweb said:

We also had to cancel for our trip today to Bermuda on the Enhantment and forgot about the 80 dollars. Damn Rona got both of us. Oh well we will just have to book another trip maybe not to Bermuda

Michele

1 minute ago, happyshelly said:

We also had to cancel for our trip today to Bermuda on the Enhantment and forgot about the 80 dollars. Damn Rona got both of us. Oh well we will just have to book another trip maybe not to Bermuda

Michele

I love Bermuda but won't book it while there is a Travel Authorization. I am vacinated and boosted but that won't stop me from testing positive. The latest varients are mild but highly transmitted. I know some  who have tested positive two or three time!

53 minutes ago, happyshelly said:

Michele

Sorry to hear about your cancellation! Hope you're able to rebook on another cruise soon.

• Like 1