Difference between Celebrity Suite and Royal Suite on Solstice

samplecd02

I am wondering if I want to spend more money on the Royal Suite (currently in a Celebrity Suite). The only differences I can find between is that the RS gets unlimited special dining and 2 bottle of liquor in the room. Would love if anyone knows of any other perks as the difference is quite a bit for just those 2 items.

On S class, RS has a bath and a half....I enjoy letting my husband have the half bathroom. More space in the suite and the RS has a walk in shower, while the CS has a bath/shower combo that if you are short (like me) is a problem to enter and exit, because of the height of the tub, especially if the seas are rough. The RS also has a nicer wet bar area with sink for dirty glasses/dishes etc and also has a wine fridge in addition to the regular small fridge. The RS also has a larger balcony and a one person hot tub (think indoor jet tub like) on the balcony. I have stayed in both and prefer the RS (my favorite on S class). Great problem to have.

• Like 2

In addition to the above, the bedroom in the RS has outside facing windows so there's natural light in the bedroom. In the CS, the "window" is a frosted window that looks into the living room. We've stayed in both types and usually end up booking one or the other, depending on cost. The interior window is an issue for some, but we don't mind it.

Love the RS on S class. We have done a CS once and would never do it again. It was the ‘inside’ bedroom and shower over tub we didn’t like…Some guests like the darkness of the CS bedroom but we really didn’t like it. The CS is definitely a marmite suite on S class…you either love it or hate it!

The RS, in our opinion, is a much nicer experience. Separate shower and spa bath, decent sized bedroom and very spacious lounge.

Re the perks. We do enjoy the in suite bar set up and the unlimited dining as we don’t want to dine in Luminae every night. You do also get free laundry service and on many cruises invites to a few special events.

All I can suggest is you look at some YouTube videos to help you make a decision. If you rarely drink in suite, plan to dine in Luminae most nights and find the CS will suite you then definitely not worth the extra. However, if you can secure at a good price why not give it a go?

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Love the RS on S class. We have done a CS once and would never do it again. It was the ‘inside’ bedroom and shower over tub we didn’t like…Some guests like the darkness of the CS bedroom but we really didn’t like it. The CS is definitely a marmite suite on S class…you either love it or hate it!

The RS, in our opinion, is a much nicer experience. Separate shower and spa bath, decent sized bedroom and very spacious lounge.

Re the perks. We do enjoy the in suite bar set up and the unlimited dining as we don’t want to dine in Luminae every night. You do also get free laundry service and on many cruises invites to a few special events.

All I can suggest is you look at some YouTube videos to help you make a decision. If you rarely drink in suite, plan to dine in Luminae most nights and find the CS will suite you then definitely not worth the extra. However, if you can secure at a good price why not give it a go?

I think I might wait to see if it pops up for a Moveup. Right now the cost difference is over 3grand for a 7 day alaska cruise.

We have stayed in both.   On a 7 N  cruise we rarely drink the bottles of liquor.  may go to a specialty restaurant once or twice depending upon the ship, rarely Oder Room Service so the dining table doesn’t get used and personally I would never used the jetted tub on the balcony.  The half bath in the & separate shower are a plus for the RS.  But  more often than not I can’t justify the price difference. 

Having cruised in both we prefer the CS “if” we can book one of the four angled deep balcony Celebrity suites. We cruised in one for a thirteen night cruise on the EQ and it was great. That sold us on the stateroom. The RS has a large bathroom and a nice amount of space inside which is great but the balcony can be tight with the “tub”. IMHO the hot tub is a huge waste of space. If you can book one of the four deep angled balconies then I suggest doing so. We have one for our December Solstice cruise. It was our deciding factor on moving up from a S1. 

39 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

I think I might wait to see if it pops up for a Moveup. Right now the cost difference is over 3grand for a 7 day alaska cruise.

@samplecd02I was going to ask about your itinerary. You really feel the benefits of the RS on a longer, less port intensive cruise. Good luck with a move up!

47 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

I think that’s a good idea. IMHO on a seven night cruise it’s not worth that price. 

10 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

If you can book one of the four deep angled balconies

We had one of these CS booked for the May 22 sailing on the Eclipse. We booked late and were surprised that it was available. When the May 22 sailing was cancelled, we were able to get one on the June 5 sailing. I am curious why for both cruises one was available. I could not find any bad reviews. Odd, but we will take it. Both were on the back of the hump and we are hoping it won't be too windy.

2 hours ago, travlr21 said:

We had one of these CS booked for the May 22 sailing on the Eclipse. We booked late and were surprised that it was available. When the May 22 sailing was cancelled, we were able to get one on the June 5 sailing. I am curious why for both cruises one was available. I could not find any bad reviews. Odd, but we will take it. Both were on the back of the hump and we are hoping it won't be too windy.

Back of the hump shouldn’t be windy.  The front of the hump can get windy.  

• Like 1

Also I found that you are treated better with royal suite. Embarkation you have priority luggage drop off and they have your photos so fast track you through security. You have full minibar drinks and spirits. Generally nothing is too much trouble for royal suite guest. 

it’s a bit like business class flights. You get the extra room but also they take your jacket. It’s things you didn’t think you needed until it’s supplied 

Edited by delondin

16 hours ago, samplecd02 said:

So if you stay in the CS (or an SS for that matter)  and  dine every night exclusively in Specialty Dining and pay for them, instead of Luminae, it would still be much less expensive to stay in the CS.  And you also have a premium beverage package - so what does two included bottles of spirits do for you?

Just now, TeeRick said:

So if you stay in the CS (or an SS for that matter)  and  dine every night exclusively in Specialty Dining and pay for them, instead of Luminae, it would still be much less expensive to stay in the CS.  And you also have a premium beverage package - so what does two included bottles of spirits do for you?

That is what I was thinking too. I dont drink much so the spirits wouldnt be worth it. At this price difference not worth it but for a couple hundred on a move up (if I could even bid that low) it might warrant thinking about.

• Like 1

I love the RS. We love the layout, the hot tub on the balcony, the flexible dining, the extra service, and all the numerous other little (and sometimes large), intangible things that happen throughout the cruise when you're in a "higher" suite. It's certainly worth a substantial premium. 

That said, I can't make nearly $500/day over a CS make sense. 

6 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I find it surprising that despite the price difference, the points earned are the same for Celebrity and Royal suites.  12-points per night.

I agree!  We book RS all of the time and don't understand why they're the same.  At least have allocated points some where in between  CS and PH.

• Like 1

We booked a Celebrity suite on Reflection for February, 2023 about six weeks ago.  Just caught a $1,000 price drop today.  TA already fixed it for us.  Woo Hoo!!

• Like 3