Anytime Dining

ScottC4746

We are set for Anytime Dining as we find early too early and late too late.  I was playing on the app and shows early dining is at 6 PM, which is when we usually go for open dining.  Should we wait until 6:30 so they get everyone seated first or should I switch to early dining?  One reason we like open dining is we often can get a two top table, mainly for me because of my social anxiety...it's amazing we are even on a cruise to start with because of that.

I do Anytime dining, but treat it as set dining with reservations. I prefer to eat around 7, so I make reservations each night for then. Granted, usually when I'm cruising it is with a group of 5-6 and reservations make things go easier. If it is just me and my partner, we don't make reservations. 

Anytime time and traditional dining are in separate areas or floors of the dining room.  If you show up at 6 you won’t be waiting for those with traditional dining to be seated, just  in line with others with Anytime dining.

31 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Anytime time and traditional dining are in separate areas or floors of the dining room.  If you show up at 6 you won’t be waiting for those with traditional dining to be seated, just  in line with others with Anytime dining.

Good to know.  I thought you went in the lower level and climbed the stairs inside.

We did select dining on the Summit this month. We had reservations each night for 5:45. If we wanted to eat at that time, we had to line up at 5 each night. We thought reservations would be better. If you have traditional dining as a choice, I would grab that. Then you can just walk right to your table. They finally gave us the same table each night but we still had to check in. 

Edited by jjikids
  • Like 1

As the previous post indicates, though you have reservations for a particular time, you still have to wait in line, some days longer than others.   Then when you get to the desk you will be seated more quickly than those without reservations, but not necessarily at the exact time you requested.   For example, though we had a 7 pm reservations, we stood in a long line for about 1/2 hour before getting to the desk, and were not seated until close to 7:30....to be fair, that was at the beginning of the cruise and we generally did not wait that long.

Just off the Summit.  Our experience with select dining was pretty good.  We had reservations for 6:30 each night and only had to wait for those ahead of us in line to check in.   We had the same wait staff every night, so in that way it was like assigned dining.

I would highly recommend reservations though.  I did see waits for walk ups, but I don't know how long it was though.