Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

Sid I'm loving your double review.  I have been following you for a long time and I know today is a special day for you.  I know no one will ever replace "her" but I wish for you to find a special someone to share your life with.  You have so much to offer and I hope you will find happiness and peace.

• Like 16

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

In case some of you don't know, today is a very special day for me, not because of the cruise, but for another reason... If you don't, then you'll have to go back and read some of my older reviews, so I don't have to make an entire paragraph over it... Anyhoo, today would be (SHOULD BE) the 55th birthday of a very dear friend of mine who died from breast cancer in 2014... She would have loved to join me on these types of adventures, but it's too late now... That's why I'm out here, spending money that I can't really afford, and drinking $17 margaritas that I also can't afford... She was one of those types of people that would go on vacation, even if she was three months behind on her car payment. And, that was before she learned that she had cancer. I was always the type who just didn't want to spend the money on those types of things. 

Fast forward to now, and even though it's too late for her to do these types of things, she's here with me right now in spirit, and in actuality sort of... On the beach... In the hot tub... At the roadside shacks where I like to eat... And, here on the ship with me right now... 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, D! <3

IMG_20190209_130842.thumb.jpg.bc3df6e313e2bc03277c1ad85ea575c7.jpg

MVIMG_20190209_124918.thumb.jpg.ce78a374cdd8856f65b442e1b127e498.jpg

IMG_20170601_130846784.thumb.jpg.69155b5df96063a437bdf7f142194732.jpg

PXL_20220601_191426471.jpg

Sid I think I understand your pain. Back in May 2012 I was looking at being retired by the end of July and my wife and I had a cruise booked for November 2012 and were looking at one in the April 2013 as well. During Christmas 2012 my wife started having pain in her ribs on her right side. We wrote it off as a muscle strain or pull from the girls. We were staying with our daughter and her family; she had twin toddler girls. They constantly wanted Granny to pick them up and usually at the same time; and it had to be Granny, no one else would do. The only exception seemed to be at mealtime; then it was a battle most of the time to get them in their highchairs. After we got back to Alabama she seemed to be getting worse and went to the doctor 3 times from mid-January through the 1st week of February. On her 3rd visit she was in so much pain that her doctor hospitalized her with a possible ongoing heart attack. After they ruled out a heart attack they did multiple tests, x-ray’s and scans including a biopsy when she had her annual mammogram; finally resulting in a diagnosis of Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer on February 27th 2013 (the same day her mammogram came back negative again). She was improving with the medication and treatments and her oncologist gave final approval for her taking the cruise planned for April 29th we went along with our daughter and 4 of her close friends. A few days after getting home she started going downhill and I lost my copilot of 41 years May 30, 2013.

Rick

• Like 35

26 minutes ago, LeeRB said:

Sid I think I understand your pain. Back in May 2012 I was looking at being retired by the end of July and my wife and I had a cruise booked for November 2012 and were looking at one in the April 2013 as well. During Christmas 2012 my wife started having pain in her ribs on her right side. We wrote it off as a muscle strain or pull from the girls. We were staying with our daughter and her family; she had twin toddler girls. They constantly wanted Granny to pick them up and usually at the same time; and it had to be Granny, no one else would do. The only exception seemed to be at mealtime; then it was a battle most of the time to get them in their highchairs. After we got back to Alabama she seemed to be getting worse and went to the doctor 3 times from mid-January through the 1st week of February. On her 3rd visit she was in so much pain that her doctor hospitalized her with a possible ongoing heart attack. After they ruled out a heart attack they did multiple tests, x-ray’s and scans including a biopsy when she had her annual mammogram; finally resulting in a diagnosis of Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer on February 27th 2013 (the same day her mammogram came back negative again). She was improving with the medication and treatments and her oncologist gave final approval for her taking the cruise planned for April 29th we went along with our daughter and 4 of her close friends. A few days after getting home she started going downhill and I lost my copilot of 41 years May 30, 2013.

Rick

So Sorry.  There are no words.  I had breast cancer and I'm so thankful it was caught early and I'm here to tell the tale.  Sending best wishes to all that are going through their own health struggles.  So - Sid have blast on your cruise.  Eat, drink, and be merry. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, purpleally said:

Botanist gin?  Another pic had Grey Goose and Tito’s.  No bourbon but what do you drink?

Well let’s see:

I don’t drink Gin, Vodka, or Yeager

Bourbon:

Blanton’s

Eagle Rare

Knob Creek

Michelone Reserve

Four Roses Private Selection - OESF

Irish:

Jamison

Rum:

Botany Bay Estate Reserve

Cruzan Estate Diamond

Admiral Rodney

Atlantico private cask

Myers (dark for mixing)

Scotch:

The Balvenie Single Malt Triple Cask 12yo

Tequila:

Gran Centenario Anejo

1800 Reposado (Margaritas)

Whiskey’s

Crown Royal

Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel

Most with a couple ice cubes or chilled.

Rick

Edited by LeeRB

On 5/31/2022 at 8:49 PM, sid_9169 said:

PXL_20220601_004938348.jpg

What is this area? Looks like bathroom stalls to me. 🤷🏼‍♀️

11 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

14 total back to backers... I think that they're going to take us to immigration soon... Hopefully they do, I'm going to have to pee soon:-o

I'm surprised there aren’t more. Royal always has a lot.

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

First ever!

You will love it, not having to go home before your next cruise.

• Like 2