Changing Credit Card

5waldos

I have searched the Celebrity website and can find no way to change the credit card to be used should one of our moveup bids be accepted. Am I missing something or do I really have to make the dreaded call. I am particularly loath to do that after spending a very long time yesterday being switched back and forth trying to get help and finally hanging up in disgust. 

39 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

It might be easier to adjust the credit, change your spending limit or whatever it takes to be able to use that card

What I was hoping to do was to change the card to one which offered me a substantial rebate- the card they have is fine, but no rebate.

So there is no way to change the card?  Is that possible? Or no way without cancelling and starting over? I don't remember even submitting a card number except when I booked and paid for the cruise. 

Edited by 5waldos

2 hours ago, 5waldos said:

I have searched the Celebrity website and can find no way to change the credit card to be used should one of our moveup bids be accepted. Am I missing something or do I really have to make the dreaded call. I am particularly loath to do that after spending a very long time yesterday being switched back and forth trying to get help and finally hanging up in disgust. 

I don't believe you can change it online.    You might be able to Cancel you Upgrade and then when you rebid put in a different card.

47 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Assuming you want to change it to an Amex after the recent offers were loaded, you would have to cancel your bid and re-submit it.

But like Jelayne- I really don't think that I was asked for a CC number- it (I assume since I can't check) is set to be charged to the same card I used for final payment. 

This should not be so difficult. 

20 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

But like Jelayne- I really don't think that I was asked for a CC number- it (I assume since I can't check) is set to be charged to the same card I used for final payment. 

This should not be so difficult. 

A MoveUp bid if successful is charged to the card used to make your deposit/final payment.  It is not difficult to change the card - just time consuming - as you would need to speak to Celebrity and answer a bunch of security questions. 

I just did a move-up bid yesterday and yes for each of the bids I had to put in a credit card, CCV,  name and e-mail address.    I used the same credit card that I paid my final payment with but it is not automatically charged to the card you booked with.

• Like 1