Carnival Freedom Fire

kangforpres

Photos that I saw on NBC NIghtly News minutes ago showed one wing of the funnel almost totally gone.  But, I also saw the crew doing a good job in trying to put the fire out.

Despite this negative news, CCL's stock price increased by 8+%.  

I want to add that if anyone has been aboard and observed the fire drills that take place, one has to be impressed.  I was aboard the Volendam when an actual fire took place in a crew member's cabin.  The reaction of the crew and the Officers to the alarm was immediate!  I was attending a reception in the Explorer's Lounge with the Captain, Hotel Manager, and Cruise Director in attendance.  When the alarm sounded, I never saw men move as rapidly as these did to their posts.  And, very quickly, the Staff Captain ran by the Lounge in route to the mid-ship's stairwell to reach the scene as the fire fighters were suiting up in view of all of us in the Lounge.  

It's very reassuring to me to know that the crews are well prepared as best they can be to deal with a fire onboard.  

Edited by rkacruiser
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, 4966and556 said:

Plus another ship hit something  when it was  docking in Jamaica.  Another ship had pax sign NDAs after getting sick from fumes.  It's been a busy day for 3 other lines. 

Are you able to post links to such news?  

Yet, as I posted, both CCL's and RCI's stock price had a 8+% recovery today.  Have not checked on NCLH's price.  

Carnival has cancelled a Conquest Cruise to go and bring home the Freedom Passengers from Grand. Turk.  Conquest should arrive in GT at 4 pm on Saturday and be back to Port Canaveral on Monday.