E-Z Air

Orlando Vic

I am new to E-Z air but have booked flights for a cruise beginning September 24, 2022. I plan to return on October 22nd.

Do you know when I can select our seats?

The outbound flight is is coach and the return flight is in business from SYD-LAX and first from LAX-MCO.

For business class you should be able to book right away. For the coach seats it depends on the airline. Some you can pay to book early, but more and more, if you want to book a coach seat for free, you have to wait for 24 hours before flight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cjpj said:

For business class you should be able to book right away. For the coach seats it depends on the airline. Some you can pay to book early, but more and more, if you want to book a coach seat for free, you have to wait for 24 hours before flight.

Do I call the airline directly or is there any way to do it online?

6 minutes ago, Orlando Vic said:

I just do it on line, but you may need to hunt a bit to find the right confirmation  number. Sometimes is is not the 6 alpha numeric number on the reservation - especially if it is a code share flight (say a flight booked with United that is operated by Air Canada). Some websites will automatically transfer you to the correct site (Delta did this with WestJet), but most don't.  For a code share you may have to phone the operating airline. Personally, I'll book my premium or business seats as soon as I can, but for seats I have to pay for I will monitor how the flight is filling up and the opportunity to obtain my desired seats for free. Both hubby and I like aisles, so on 3x3 flights we'll try to sit across from one another or, if it's a long flight I'll sit behind him because he likes to recline his seat and I know it annoys people. In 2x2 configuration we will sit together unless it's a long flight, again I'll sit behind him so he can recline.

15 minutes ago, Orlando Vic said:

Princess should have provided the airline booking codes, so you can either call the airline with the proper code or use the Internet with the proper code. (These are not the Princess booking codes.)

It might be more straightforward to call, as the airline rep will know all the rules of seat assignments for your flights.

5 hours ago, Orlando Vic said:

I am new to E-Z air but have booked flights for a cruise beginning September 24, 2022. I plan to return on October 22nd.

Do you know when I can select our seats?

The outbound flight is is coach and the return flight is in business from SYD-LAX and first from LAX-MCO.

Do you have status with AA?

5 hours ago, Orlando Vic said:

You should have been able to do it right in EZ-Air when you were in the booking process.  Or, call up the booking and do it now.  You must have missed it because EZ-Air offers the option.  If the airline or situation won't allow seat selection, you will be informed.  As others said, you should have been able to select Business seats right away.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You should have been able to do it right in EZ-Air when you were in the booking process.  Or, call up the booking and do it now.  You must have missed it because EZ-Air offers the option.  If the airline or situation won't allow seat selection, you will be informed.  As others said, you should have been able to select Business seats right away.

AA allows even coach seat selection immediately. The reason I go to the AA  website to do it is that "preferred" seats are blocked on the EZAir website. You are eligible for these seats because of your gold status which the AA website will recognize when you log in. 

I have had issues with seat selection when I use my phone for booking.  The option does not appear.  If I go to Mac and log into the booking I can select seats.    
As I recommended earlier go onto Qantas to select your Business class seats.   You should be able to select the LAX-MCO seats on the AA website as they are First Class.    You may be out of luck with seat selection on the LAX-SYD in coach until after ticketing.

EZ air did not allow me to select seats for my Air Canada flight when I booked & paid online.

I phoned Air Canada & was told I could select seats when EZ air paid Air Canada. That was 2 days after I booked.

As Alaskanb wrote, it depends on. airline. For our Nov'21 booking of July's cruisetour I was able to select seats almost right away on Delta's web. However , Delta had since twice dropped the seat assigned & re-entered. But for return flights on Canada Air, it still won't let me pick unless I pay a fee($10 I think). It's free within 24 hrs of flight upon online check-in.