Laundry on Grand Princess

Challenger540

11 minutes ago, Challenger540 said:

Please can anyone tell me about laundry on Grand Princess, is it priced per item, fill a bag or unlimited at a set cost?

One can always do their own laundry. Princess ships have a laundry room on most decks. It's $1.50 per wash or dry and the machines use tokens you can get in the laundry room using your medallion. If one is Elite with Princess they can get free laundry service. Otherwise it's charged per item. No "bag" deal.

12 minutes ago, Thrak said:

One can always do their own laundry. Princess ships have a laundry room on most decks. It's $1.50 per wash or dry and the machines use tokens you can get in the laundry room using your medallion. If one is Elite with Princess they can get free laundry service. Otherwise it's charged per item. No "bag" deal.

$3 each per wash and dry?

58 minutes ago, erber said:

Anyone who has sent in laundry lately,  can you tell me what the turn around time is? 2 days? Or more? 

Our cruises between Dec and Mar had laundry returned in one or two days.  Expect with most cruises now sailing almost full, turn around time will probably go back to 2 or 3 days (maybe more)  depending on the number of Elites on board.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Our cruises between Dec and Mar had laundry returned in one or two days.  Expect with most cruises now sailing almost full, turn around time will probably go back to 2 or 3 days (maybe more)  depending on the number of Elites on board.

We were recently on the CB for an 18 day PC cruise in a vista suite. Our laundry, which was an unlimited suite perk, usually was returned the following evening after 7 pm. But I also heard the Elite "unlimited laundry perk" response time took a little longer due to the number of them onboard. Afterall, it was an 18 day cruise.

If you're a "per piece" paying customer like we were considering the price we paid for the VS, you would think your bag of laundry would be processed ahead of the Elite bags like ours was. But, that's only a guess on my part.

35 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We were recently on the CB for an 18 day PC cruise in a vista suite. Our laundry, which was an unlimited suite perk, usually was returned the following evening after 7 pm. But I also heard the Elite "unlimited laundry perk" response time took a little longer due to the number of them onboard. Afterall, it was an 18 day cruise.

If you're a "per piece" paying customer like we were considering the price we paid for the VS, you would think your bag of laundry would be processed ahead of the Elite bags like ours was. But, that's only a guess on my part.

Elite passengers get two-day turnaround, which sometimes takes longer depending on the number of Elites on board. Suite passengers get one-day turnaround.

If you pay by the piece, you are paying for the same two-day turnaround (which may be longer) that Elite passengers get. You may pay extra (I think it's 50% more but I'm not sure since I never have) to get one-day turnaround.

• Like 1

If you send your laundry out it is charged by the piece, not by the bag and there is no unlimited pricing available for purchase. There is a laundry ticket that you fill out. It will be in your closet. Someone on these boards probably has a photo of the ticket. A typical bag of T shirts, PJs, underwear, shorts, pants would be around $50 or so. Passengers in full suites as well as elite loyalty level passengers  receive unlimited comp. laundry.