Princess Premier - hold up there.

nbsjcruiser

So got this email from Princess the other day announcing Princess Premier. With it you get the Premier drinking package, crew appreciation and 2 specialty dinners plus a bunch of other stuff I would never use. Looking at our two fully paid upcoming cruises we purchased the package that included the Premier drink package plus crew appreciation so I went and checked my reservation this morning and what do I see? They downgraded my drink package to Princess Plus which does not include specialty coffees or premier soda package. Anyone else see this?

Guess who is getting a phone call this morning when they open?

The Princess Plus Package is what most people have.   They don't start the Premier Package until June 25th (or there about).     Personally, I don't think the Premier Pkg is worth it, especially if you don't want the Photo Pkg, The Chance to win a prize game or the Wifi.

Good news though, you can save yourself a phone call because the Princess Plus does include coffee and fountain soda.

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 4.43.41 AM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzin4us said:

Here's the fine print which does say Specialty coffees (and not just coffee).

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 4.49.38 AM.png

My bad. Should have read the fine print. I wonder if this included soda by the can as well? I think it did previously didn't it? We used to order ginger ale to the room. 

3 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

My bad. Should have read the fine print. I wonder if this included soda by the can as well? I think it did previously didn't it? We used to order ginger ale to the room. 

It does not (and did not) include soda by the can.  Ginger ale is a standard mixer in the soda gun at most if not all bars I believe so you should be able to order via the Medallion app.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Soda by the can not included for free. It is included at a 25% discount.

3 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

So got this email from Princess the other day announcing Princess Premier. With it you get the Premier drinking package, crew appreciation and 2 specialty dinners plus a bunch of other stuff I would never use. Looking at our two fully paid upcoming cruises we purchased the package that included the Premier drink package plus crew appreciation so I went and checked my reservation this morning and what do I see? They downgraded my drink package to Princess Plus which does not include specialty coffees or premier soda package. Anyone else see this?

You were not downgraded. Princess Plus has not changed only the name

• Like 1

I think the point, which I agree with, is that the original Princess Plus Beverage package included the Premier Beverage package - at that time there was ONLY the Premier Beverage package.   

However now that there are two packages (Plus and Premier) anyone who had booked a cruise with the Plus Package (with Premier Beverage Package) has still the Plus Package but the drink aspect has been changed/downgraded to the Plus Beverage plan from the Premier Beverage plan.

Hopefully any historical bookings (i.e., made before the change) will still be honored with the Premier Drink plan 

8 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

What was the answer from Princess?

6 minutes ago, Toast357 said:

However now that there are two packages (Plus and Premier) anyone who had booked a cruise with the Plus Package (with Premier Beverage Package) has still the Plus Package but the drink aspect has been changed/downgraded to the Plus Beverage plan from the Premier Beverage plan.

Hopefully any historical bookings (i.e., made before the change) will still be honored with the Premier Drink plan 

Nothing has been changed about the beverage package that comes with Princess Plus except its name.  What used to be the Premier Drink Package is exactly what the Plus Beverage Package is now.  Everyone with Princess Plus still will get drinks up to $12 including specialty coffees, fountain sodas, water, etc.  If they were to go back historically and honor people by giving them the Premier Drink package (which includes drinks up to $18), they would actually be upgrading everyone who booked before, something they will not do nor are people entitled to it.

The only way it could be considered a downgrade is if suddenly drink prices raise enough that what used to be covered under Plus are now higher than $12 but that hasn't happened yet and no one knows if/when it might happen.

Princess just made a real mess of it by choosing the using the same name that the old drink package used to be called for this new drink package.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Likes2cruise said:

Can anyone clarify specialty coffees included in the packages?  Does using the Plus package or upgrading to the new Premier package eliminate the need for a separate coffee card?  

Either package gets you unlimited specialty coffees.  There would be no reason to purchase any sort of separate coffee card/package in addition to Plus or Premier.

• Thanks 1