How many days prior to embarkation can we choose an arrival group?

KKB

17 minutes ago, KKB said:

Found it--3 mos. 

Now is that a TRUE 3 mos. or 90 days?🤫

Depends on the ship.  Not an exact science.  Sometime after final payment.

I’ve seen them open between 90-45 days before sail date.  
I just keep checking after final payment…

• Like 1

On the two post covid cruises, there was no such thing as a boarding group.  We are elite ad our friends blue and we all got on at 11am with no questions asked. Also no need to show the app as they looked at all our papers in person at checkin.

30 minutes ago, NownZen said:

On the two post covid cruises, there was no such thing as a boarding group.  We are elite ad our friends blue and we all got on at 11am with no questions asked. Also no need to show the app as they looked at all our papers in person at checkin.

We found that last summer & in March when we were about half full.

As ships are more full I suspect that could change. 

I always like to be prepared for all scenarios!

We've never paid much attention to the boarding times and just arrive at our normal early arrival time.  They never deny anyone to enter the terminal in Florida and since we drive to the port we feel much safer arriving with plenty of time to spare should there be car trouble, accidents, rerouting, etc. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Ours was exactly 60 days before.

When can you pick you Your departure time please, also do Elite get any priority?  ( first time as Elite) 

This was a question when PCL first introduced the Arrival Group concept.  The big Q was would Elites and such have a day or two advance time to select preferred group over newer guests who would need to wait a bit longer.  That is not happening - and I don't think it ever happened.

Instead, it was clarified by some Cruise Critic members on the first voyage with Jan Swartz that priority guests could show up for check-in whenever and continue to have access to a priority waiting area and be first to board.  Of course, if you show up after general boarding has commenced, then you just head onto the ship like anyone else.  The priority really only has an impact if you are at the terminal and checked in before ship is ready for boarding.

In the end, the Arrival Group concept has about the same weight as the old suggested arbitrary check-in times by deck location.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

This was a question when PCL first introduced the Arrival Group concept.  The big Q was would Elites and such have a day or two advance time to select preferred group over newer guests who would need to wait a bit longer.  That is not happening - and I don't think it ever happened.

Instead, it was clarified by some Cruise Critic members on the first voyage with Jan Swartz that priority guests could show up for check-in whenever and continue to have access to a priority waiting area and be first to board.  Of course, if you show up after general boarding has commenced, then you just head onto the ship like anyone else.  The priority really only has an impact if you are at the terminal and checked in before ship is ready for boarding.

In the end, the Arrival Group concept has about the same weight as the old suggested arbitrary check-in times by deck location.

Thanks, do you know when you can pick your departure time it says on the app nearer the voyage but is it or is it more like when you get onboard? 

10 hours ago, amajaa said:

Thanks, do you know when you can pick your departure time it says on the app nearer the voyage but is it or is it more like when you get onboard? 

To date, the Departure Group feature has not even been used.  If it is in use now, then that is a recent development.  From what I have read to date, the disembarkation process has been run as in the past.