Deluxe Balcony Enchanted

Slyfox16

No. The Princess website lists square footage for each cabin and the number includes the balcony.  All the ones you list are 227 sq ft with one being 226. That is the size of a cabin with a standard balcony.  Cabins with extended balconies are clearly marked as such when you click on the cabin and the pop up window appears. For example, look at C428. If a cabin does not indicate an extended balcony, it does not have one. 

Edited by JimmyVWine

The midship angled balconies have a LOT more space - about double.  I had E410 in January.  That is an obstructed deluxe balcony on Emerald Deck 8.  The "obstruction" on both port and starboard for cabins E409 - 412 is only that below you on Deck 7 there are outdoor dining patios both sides.  Both are covered with white canopies.  You have an unobstructed view to the horizon.  On our cruise, the obstructed deluxe was about $500 cheaper so to get the extended balcony thrown in was a bargain.  I strongly recommend looking at these four cabins - added bonus of a nice stable, convenient midship location only one deck above the Promenade deck.  Obstructed view cabins forward from this location will be obstructed by lifeboats and/or machinery.  You can't see the lifeboats from the cabins I mentioned because they are on the outer edge of the "crescent" portion of the ship, so you are angled towards the opposing edge of the crescent.

Of course, if you want to be higher up such as on Deck 9 (D409 - 412), the balconies will be exactly the same.

20220119_121935.jpg

20220119_121949.jpg

Edited by uspearls
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We like to get two balconies that adjoin...once the divider is folded, it seems much roomier than just doubling the space.  I guess maybe not having that wall so close to you. Last trip on the Sky we had 4 balconies all opened up together. 🙂 

4 hours ago, uspearls said:

The midship angled balconies have a LOT more space - about double.  I had E410 in January.  That is an obstructed deluxe balcony on Emerald Deck 8.  The "obstruction" on both port and starboard for cabins E409 - 412 is only that below you on Deck 7 there are outdoor dining patios both sides.  Both are covered with white canopies.  You have an unobstructed view to the horizon.  On our cruise, the obstructed deluxe was about $500 cheaper so to get the extended balcony thrown in was a bargain.  I strongly recommend looking at these four cabins - added bonus of a nice stable, convenient midship location only one deck above the Promenade deck.  Obstructed view cabins forward from this location will be obstructed by lifeboats and/or machinery.  You can't see the lifeboats from the cabins I mentioned because they are on the outer edge of the "crescent" portion of the ship, so you are angled towards the opposing edge of the crescent.

1 hour ago, sunsetme said:

I had E410, great obstructed deluxe choice with no obstruction to speak of.

---

Agreed; we enjoyed the same E410 cabin on Discovery Princess in April:

image.thumb.png.f3f9e41cf142338a9a859b1692b48e35.png

image.thumb.png.a41594d85e353a799fdce86deee4b290.png

---

• Like 1