Celebrity Reflection Royal Suite Question

Plato123

We are booked on the Reflection in a Royal Suite for later this year.  We had a RS on the Eclipse a few years ago from Vancouver to Hawaii, but at that time there was no coffee maker in the suite .We understand there now is a Lavazza machine in the suite which will be nice. A premium champagne is also supposed to still be provided as well as two bottles of premium spirits.  While supplies probably change, does any one know what premium Scotch and Gin or liquors might currently be available for provision in the RS?

Brands available for suite setups have varied quite a bit by ship and date due to supply issues.  It's a question better asked of the shoreside concierge when you are contacted shortly before your cruise. You can then specify which you prefer.  Last cruise, the SC sent me a current list from which to choose.

We will also be on Reflection in RS in October 22, and figure it's way too soon to guess.  

• Like 1

Recently all of the RS's we have had on Equinox, Silhouette and Millenniuim had Coffee Makers in the Suite -   They also brought a Tea Kettle once asked.

We don't drink Champagne so it has been replaced with a nice bottle of Chardonnay

I know that you can order Glenlivet and Johnny Walker Black as they are listed on the Premium Bar Setup   They also List Bombay Sapphire

Burbon - Knob Creek and Jack Daniels

They have always been able to get us what we wanted or something close.

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

does staying in a suite stop you from walking to one of the bars where they may stock the drinks you prefer?

The difference is the bar setup is two large bottles for your personal use in addition to the premium package.   If they have what you want at any Bar the

Be a little aware of when you first hear from the Shoreside Concierge.  While they are very, very helpful in many ways, they don't always have information straight from the ship when it comes to things like liquor selection.  I'll paste the list we received from Reflection back in January, but that may not be good at the moment, and no one knows what the situation will be (better or worse) later this year.  

I will say that I was able to get Highland Park 12 in our suite (and Cranston, the magnificent bartender in Michael's, was able to get a bottle in there).  There were other gin selections, too, but I am more than happy with Hendrick's in the room.  Again, who knows what the future holds?

Beefeater Gin
Bombay Sapphire Gin
Hendricks Gin
Tanqueray Ten Gin
Chivas Regal 12 Year Scotch
Glenfiddich Select Cask Scotch
Johnnie Walker Red Scotch
Belvedere Vodka
Absolut Vodka
Grey Goose Vodka
Ketel One Vodka
Tito’s Vodka
Tequila Patron Silver
Jack Daniels Black
Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey
Makers Mark
Wild Turkey
Jack Daniels
Jim Beam
Crown Royal
Seagram 7
Bacardi Oak Heart Spiced Rum
Bacardi Silver Rum
Captain Morgan Rum
Bacardi Coconut Rum
Zacapa Rum
Bailey’s Irish Cream

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

does staying in a suite stop you from walking to one of the bars where they may stock the drinks you prefer?

One of the benefits of certain suites is that you might not need to do that.  Why, it might just be sitting there on the counter at your fingertips.

Have a good day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

Of course it doesn't.  But if someone is paying to be in top suite, why not utilize the services offered if that is what they want.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Be a little aware of when you first hear from the Shoreside Concierge.  While they are very, very helpful in many ways, they don't always have information straight from the ship when it comes to things like liquor selection.  I'll paste the list we received from Reflection back in January, but that may not be good at the moment, and no one knows what the situation will be (better or worse) later this year.  

I will say that I was able to get Highland Park 12 in our suite (and Cranston, the magnificent bartender in Michael's, was able to get a bottle in there).  There were other gin selections, too, but I am more than happy with Hendrick's in the room.  Again, who knows what the future holds?

Beefeater Gin
Bombay Sapphire Gin
Hendricks Gin
Tanqueray Ten Gin
Belvedere Vodka
Absolut Vodka
Grey Goose Vodka
Ketel One Vodka
Tito’s Vodka
Tequila Patron Silver
Jack Daniels Black
Makers Mark
Wild Turkey
Jack Daniels
Jim Beam
Crown Royal
Seagram 7
Bacardi Silver Rum
Captain Morgan Rum
Bacardi Coconut Rum
Zacapa Rum
Bailey’s Irish Cream

I think there's a standard list to which the shoreside concierge has access.  That doesn't guarantee that all those brands actually made it to the ship you are sailing on.  As I mentioned previously and others on these boards have also mentioned, there are supply chain issues.  Those are pretty much out of the shoreside concierge's control.  So indicate what you want and hope for the best, but maybe be prepared with a second choice if your preferred brand is not available.  I just did a B2B.  On the second leg, there was no more non-alcoholic champagne available anywhere on the ship.  They did have non-alcoholic wines, just no champagne.  So no "fizzy" (as the sommelier was fond of calling it) for me.

4 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Beefeater Gin
Bombay Sapphire Gin
Hendricks Gin
Tanqueray Ten Gin
Belvedere Vodka
Absolut Vodka
Grey Goose Vodka
Ketel One Vodka
Tito’s Vodka
Tequila Patron Silver
Jack Daniels Black
Makers Mark
Wild Turkey
Jack Daniels
Jim Beam
Crown Royal
Seagram 7
Bacardi Silver Rum
Captain Morgan Rum
Bacardi Coconut Rum
Zacapa Rum
Bailey’s Irish Cream

Cranston is 1 in a 1,000,000!  We met him in Michael’s a club in February.  We have 50+ cruises and he is the best.  He was very worried as his contract was ending and he was concerned he wouldn’t get another because he was “old”.  We made a point to mention him to the F & B  Mgr. He said as long as I am working and Cranston wants to work he will be here. 

• Like 3

We have also received the list posted by DCPIV and then requested items not on it (cognac) and never had an issue. We have never requested a drink not available within the premium package.

Champagne always waiting on ice…

I am fairly sure on our pre covid cruise in a RS on Equinox (September 2019) we did not have a coffee maker but definitely had one in the PH on Silhouette last September. Wherever we are in the world we always request a kettle and tea tray, we add this to our shore side concierge email and have never had an issue. Hopefully someone presently on Reflection can confirm re the coffee maker.

Edited by chemmo

In August last year we were in a PH and for the first time we had a Lavazza Blue coffee machine as well as a kettle, we loved it and my early morning trips to El Bacio were negated. Our next cruise in October we were back in an RS but had the same butler, Joey, who had membered how much we had enjoyed the coffee in the PH and made sure we had one also for that cruise.

Our next cruise was last month and we were again on Silhouette in an RS but when we arrived in our suite ..... NO coffee machine. my darling Gastrgnome asked our new butler very nicely and later that afternoon one appeared. 

Our next cruise is in three weeks and again in an RS but this time on Reflection. |I have seen a recent video of an RS on Reflection and there was a Lavazza Blue machine in the suite so I made a not of asking the Shore side Concierge if we could also have one in July and she said she would make a note in her communication to the ship 🤞. I'll let you know if we get one.

To the bar setup we have requested on various occasions, Courvoisier VSOP Cognac, Campari, Cointreau and  Disarano Amaretto. None of which have been on the provided list but as they were available in the ships stores we have had them in our suite. Sometimes it has been necessary to ask the butler when we board as shore side failed to communicate successfully. 

What we do find helps is to have a list of bar setup, dining requests and anything else you particularly want written down in advance. I always ask for whole lemons and limes and my Gastrognome likes her pillows to be synthetic and firm while I like mine soft. We send a copy to Shore side but also print a copy to give our butler when we board. 

12 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Beefeater Gin
Bombay Sapphire Gin
Hendricks Gin
Tanqueray Ten Gin
Belvedere Vodka
Absolut Vodka
Grey Goose Vodka
Ketel One Vodka
Tito’s Vodka
Tequila Patron Silver
Jack Daniels Black
Makers Mark
Wild Turkey
Jack Daniels
Jim Beam
Crown Royal
Seagram 7
Bacardi Silver Rum
Captain Morgan Rum
Bacardi Coconut Rum
Zacapa Rum
Bailey’s Irish Cream

Very glad to hear Cranston is back on Reflection.  He is the best.  Hope he is on our sailing.

• Like 2