Luggage Overboard

ivanidea

1 hour ago, tring said:

I wonder if there is any way of getting the other 10 back, presumably they sank.  Could be some interesting finds at the bottom of the dock in years to come. 

Seriously though, that would be horrendous to loose a whole case of luggage and not get it back at all, though some things would be totally ruined.

one chap said they lost all 3 of their cases.

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

Difficult to work out compensation too. Case could contain designer clothes or, like mine, Primani and Debenhams!

I could in no way provide a list of everything that was in our cases, a heck of a lot of stuff goes in there and replacement is not just the cost, but the hassle of buying new stuff.

• Like 4

Ventura had a few problems on Saturday, they were late docking because of two ships ahead that had priority then because they were docking at City terminal, which the Captain said they don't normally use, the gangway didn't fit so we couldn't exit the ship. They had to use the portable gangway stairs/ramps which took some time to sort out, then get all the luggage off first (probably when the incident happened). The first passengers were allowed off at 9:30am. I have to say delays on a ship are much nicer than delays at an airport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

one chap said they lost all 3 of their cases.

Well who wouldn't?

4 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Difficult to work out compensation too. Case could contain designer clothes or, like mine, Primani and Debenhams!

If our case, I mean six cases go in the sea, rest assured they will be full of designer gear and Jewellery.😉

4 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Edited by Trevor Fountain
spelling.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 6/8/2022 at 3:26 PM, Jazzytelly said:

Just reading more info on this, apparently it was cases from deck 12. The chap who lost 3 said theirs weren’t retrieved and another lady said her daughter’s was retrieved but everything was ruined. 

Nightmare 😞

• Like 1