Hard Cider - AOTS

5 hours ago, Loubyloo said:

Can anyone tell me if they serve hard cider on Allure of the Seas? If yes, what brand please?

Thanks for your help

On Harmony last week they had Strongbow and Angry Orchard. Not a cider drinker though so can't elaborate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chmusar said:

Angry orchards , strongbow, magners on Anthem 

Strongbow and Magners are regular ciders…. What does a cider have to do to make it “hard”?? 🤷‍♀️

Edited by little britain

6 minutes ago, little britain said:

Strongbow and Magners are regular ciders…. What does a cider have to do to make it “hard”?? 🤷‍♀️

Hard to get up in the morning after a night on it

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Assuming not a joke, hard cider refers to alcoholic ciders specifically, whereas cider usually refers to non-alcoholic ciders (at least in the U.S.).

1 hour ago, little britain said:

It's an Americanism.  There is a market for non-alcoholic cider that I don't think you have in the UK.

11 minutes ago, baelor said:

Also, if it helps despite being a different ship, Symphony for my August sailing has Truly Hard Seltzer in addition to Strongbow and Angry Orchard.

I'm a big cider fan but when I was trying to do a low carb diet I tried to get into the Truly brand... I just never could find a flavor that didn't taste like medicine. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

I'm British and American.  Americans use the term hard cider to define alcoholic cider, because they use the term cider for what Brits would call cloudy apple juice.  Wanted to be sure everyone understood I meant the alcoholic version.  Boy I wish they would carry Dark Fruit - my fave!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Loubyloo said:

I'm British and American.  Americans use the term hard cider to define alcoholic cider, because they use the term cider for what Brits would call cloudy apple juice.  Wanted to be sure everyone understood I meant the alcoholic version.  Boy I wish they would carry Dark Fruit - my fave!

Thanks! Who knew!!

So 🇺🇸 hard cider is 🇬🇧 cider, and 🇺🇸 cider is 🇬🇧 apple juice….. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, little britain said:

Thanks! Who knew!!

So 🇺🇸 hard cider is 🇬🇧 cider, and 🇺🇸 cider is 🇬🇧 apple juice….. 

Lol, I love having these conversations with British friends of mine.

Is your apple juice clear or cloudy? We have cloudy cider & clear apple juice, both non-alcoholic. Clear apple juice is far more common here (like what you can get for breakfast on any American-based RC ship). Cider is more of a fall/winter holiday drink… and sometimes served hot. Confused even more yet?

• Like 1

Jumping into this thread, I've looked at the bar menus and noticed the majority of cocktails in the pubs are $14 on the Anthem of the seas. I thought the limit was $13 per drink...? Unless it's different on UK sailings?

Cheers!

Fraser

1 hour ago, strachan01 said:

Jumping into this thread, I've looked at the bar menus and noticed the majority of cocktails in the pubs are $14 on the Anthem of the seas. I thought the limit was $13 per drink...? Unless it's different on UK sailings?

Cheers!

Fraser

Yes the allowance is $14 on Anthem 

out of Southampton as menus in Uk have to show tips/taxes included…. 

Edited by little britain

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Lol, I love having these conversations with British friends of mine.

Is your apple juice clear or cloudy? We have cloudy cider & clear apple juice, both non-alcoholic. Clear apple juice is far more common here (like what you can get for breakfast on any American-based RC ship). Cider is more of a fall/winter holiday drink… and sometimes served hot. Confused even more yet?

We have cloudy apple juice and clear apple juice…. Agree the clear one is much more common in supermarkets 

1 minute ago, little britain said:

Yes the allowance is$14 on Anyhrm

out of Southampton as menus in Uk have to show tips/taxes included…. 

Brilliant - thanks for confirming! 

I haven't sailed from Southampton for so long!