End of Testing?

elcuchio24

On a cruise right now. Have 3 more cruises within the next 90 days. If I came back home next week and tested positive, I’d feel like I hit a small lottery ticket to get out of the future testing. 

Edited by Hoosierpop
  • Like 4

On 6/10/2022 at 12:09 PM, 1kaper said:

I said in another thread - the amount of people I know that have had days of symptoms (ie contagious) before testing positive on an antigen test is incredible. Way more people than ones who got positive right away. I would imagine that those who don't have symptoms may be similar.  

It does catch some people for sure.  But not everyone.  

Add me.  Mild symptoms - tested negative.  3 days later symptoms gone and needed a pre-surgery test...positive.   No one else in my family infected and we did nothing (while I had symptoms).

19 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

On a cruise right now. Have 3 more cruises within the next 90 days. If I came back home next week and tested positive, I’d feel like I hit a small lottery ticket to get out of the future testing. 

I honestly feel this way (after testing positive) because I am scared to death of flying to Europe and throwing a positive before we board our UK cruise.  

Just now, Eli_6 said:

I honestly feel this way (after testing positive) because I am scared to death of flying to Europe and throwing a positive before we board our UK cruise.  

To add, I never had any symptoms. Only reason I found out that I was positive was because my husband got sick. We were both vaxed and boosted.  He got pretty sick, though.  Not sure if he as incredibly sick as he acted like he was or if Man-Covid is sort of like a Man-cold. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I work with over a dozen people who have tested positive in the last three weeks with NO symptoms, and they all used the rapid antigen test. All but one has been vaccinated (and that person already had COVID once previously) and most are double boosted. So my anxiety is well-founded.

I totally get you on this.  We will have to test after we are in the UK.  If one of my kids throws a positive before our Europe cruise--which is definitely a possibility considering we will be at The Open and in multiple different plane and train stations-- we are stuck in the UK for the next 12 days, having to get a hotel room, food, etc. or either that paying a ridiculous amount to fly back.  I tried to book my Mom a ticket the other day (because she is supposed to be going on our cruise but never booked an airline ticket) and the flights were either sold out or they were absurdly expensive.  Coach was the cost of what business was a year ago and business is now 5k+ per ticket. 

At this point, I think there are a ton of people walking around with Covid who don't even know they have it.  Like I said, I would have been one of them had I not tested because of my husband.   

1 hour ago, elcuchio24 said:

Correct--Mexico doesnt require any testing. That's  required by the US to get back in. Happy its gone now. We have done a bunch of Mexico trips in the past couple of years--great times. 

I remember a year or two ago talking to a guy at the pool in Cancun. I was telling him I was still stressed about the covid test to get back home he said 'I come here every other month....if someone ever tested positive, the hotel puts you up for free for quarantine.....TRUST ME you'll be negative' 🤪

With the "letter" to prove it...I did mention the letter was preprinted...😅

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
6 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

When all tests have to be paid for by the tester, that will be when the major cruise lines have to decide if they want to stay in business. 

And it will come to that. CruiseLine's will either offer free testing to start with then slowly implement a surcharge.