Self -laundry room hours?? Is it disturbing to surrounding cabins?

Tonsoffun44

In the past the hours have been something like 8 am to 10 pm. They are also closed when in ecologically sensitive waters such as Glacier Bay. No grey water discharge allowed there.

Cabins in the area of the laundry rooms, such as across the hall, are fine. No surrounding sounds. In our experience cabins across the hall are convenient. An interior cabin that is directly adjacent may hear some noise through the wall. Just a guess, never really booked one of these cabins. Not sure about the hours, but believe there is an opening and closing time each day. 

We had a cabin across the laundry room once and did not hear anything.  We got clothes washed when others were out or late at night.  In the old time it used to free to use the machines but not anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Anyone know the laundry room hours or is it 24/7.  Any cutoff time for final night?   Do surrounding cabins hear the machines at all? - Personally now near them but don't want to tick off those that are at odd hours. 

Those doors are pretty solid we have been across and down a few cabins and never noticed any noise

• Like 1

Same experience here. On the Regal few years ago, had outside cabin opposite entrance to laundry room. Never heard machines at all.

And yes, you have to choose your laundry time carefully. First thing in morning, or I will usually do 5pm (we like to eat later). Avoid sea days! 

• Like 1

I have never had a cabin near a laundry room, but I did laundry last week on the Island Princess.  I went up to deck 11 because the one on my floor was busy.  When I came back to put my clothes from the washer to the dryer, the washer was still spinning.  The noise as I approached the laundry room was crazy.  I didn’t have anything heavy or unbalanced in there.  I had to leave the laundry room and wait around the corner for the machine to stop because it was so loud.  In retrospect, I should have contacted maintenance about it, but I imagine the occupants of the nearby rooms probably let them know.