Live report for Coral Princess 16th June

Wonderful to have live reports thanks so much for your time and trouble.  Could you please tell us how full the ship is and if the number of staff still seems to be about the same ratio to passengers as before.  What is the age group of most of the passengers?  Thanks

2 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

I often wondered if you could do that.

On our last cruise, I asked was there any chance of resurrecting my favourite mocktail, a Chocobanana, and the guy produced it. So I would imagine they might give you what ever was available in a mocktail alternative.

Cross my fingers for you...😁

A chocobanana smoothie …😆

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Here it is: 

Note - Roquefort cheese is a blue cheese, can use Gorgonzola instead.

Then it would be just Black Onion soup.

I am not a fan of blue cheeses, but love it as part of the overall taste of their soup.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, bedrick said:

Wonderful to have live reports thanks so much for your time and trouble.  Could you please tell us how full the ship is and if the number of staff still seems to be about the same ratio to passengers as before.  What is the age group of most of the passengers?  Thanks

I believe it’s 55% capacity passengers? 953 with 900 crew?

there are quite a lot of passengers I would say in the 40’s and 50’s not all in the upper category as we are?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

there are quite a lot of passengers I would say in the 40’s and 50’s not all in the upper category as we are?

Thanks so much cbtours.  It’s great to have a variety of age groups makes it much more interesting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

These short cruises seem to attract the younger mob, they like a party. Yes I know Cbtours is doing a few B2B. I wonder if the current 55% occupancy will increase as they go through the cruises? Reckon it will. This is a test one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

These short cruises seem to attract the younger mob, they like a party. Yes I know Cbtours is doing a few B2B. I wonder if the current 55% occupancy will increase as they go through the cruises? Reckon it will. This is a test one.

I reckon they will be easing into it too. Not surprising they are super cautious. The sip and cover is super cautious seeing as restaurants in general have been once your seated your fine.

You can’t see the sign I realise but we’re sitting outside explorers and the sign says sip and cover. Sip your drink and cover up quick!

image.jpg

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I am not a fan of blue cheeses, but love it as part of the overall taste of their soup.

I love blue cheeses, always grab a big chunk when its available. 😁

Wife tells me to seal it, doesn't want her fridge  all smelly. 

Don't know what's she is talking about, I can't smell anything smelly.😇

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Gorgonzola is also a blue cheese 🙂 still a black n blue onion soup 👍

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, arxcards said:

sorry @Porky55 I misread gorgonzola as mozzarella. Serve me right for working Saturday.

• Haha 4

Read a review yesterday that referred to “lots of Blue cards on board”. (First I had heard the term 🙄)

He then went on to explain - blue cards/first time cruisers.  I guess they are now “Blue Medallions”  😆 though Blue Card seems apt.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Porky55 said:

Read a review yesterday that referred to “lots of Blue cards on board”. (First I had heard the term 🙄)

He then went on to explain - blue cards/first time cruisers.  I guess they are now “Blue Medallions”  😆 though Blue Card seems apt.

Except the medallions are so small I haven’t actually noticed any colours yet whereas the cruise cards used to be very obvious 

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

Except the medallions are so small I haven’t actually noticed any colours yet whereas the cruise cards used to be very obvious 

So true 🙂 and the cruises are shorter which will attract the crowd that can  only get a couple of days off work!! Bring on the longer cruises and the ‘blue cards’ will return to PnO.

Unlike all us retirees with too much time on our hands 🤣😆

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I think that is why many of the elitist elites hate the medallion - it was easier to just wave your black card around the blue carders.

I must admit, I am a bit surprised there would be so many first time Princess cruisers. Being the first cruise, I thought it would be full of regular fans. Still, there is always plenty of first time cruisers and first time brand cruisers on every cruise.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

It's sad in a way, when you use to see the blue cards, you knew they were new, and you could help them if the looked lost.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1