Live report for Coral Princess 16th June

3 hours ago, Porky55 said:

So ……… are you going to start a new “Live review” …… or just continue with this one for the next 14 days?? We need to know where you are heading next, here or “Live from B2B#2” 😆😂🤣

😮💨

I was just thinking that it might be hard to follow the trends and topics and our mandatory three of topic diversions. 😂😂

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I have a container that contains odds and ends I might need on a cruise. It started off quite small but has grown over the years as I've added things I actually used on past cruises. 

It has magnets and magnetic hooks, duct tape (useful to repair damaged suitcases), scissors, sellotape, safety pins, super glue, sewing kit, post-it pad, spare pen, highlighters, jewellers screwdrivers, blutack, and so on. 

Very interesting collection lol

34 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Ahh, not sure about that, the Coral is 294m x 32m, the Sun class is 261.31m x 32.25m. definitely from the Grand class and later, its smaller yes. but not when you compare it with the Sun, sea, and Dawn, and I think maybe the star?.🤔

The Coral & Island Princess were built specifically for the old Panama Canal locks. Now with the new wider lock they are not required so have been moved to other areas. Island to Norway & Coral to OZ & to replace the Sun & Sea etc for the Aust world cruise.

12 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Very interesting collection lol

This collection will be an absolute necessity on long cruises, like the WC. But you never know when or if you might need most of these items, and it allows you to remain self reliant in what is a very small community on a ship. Have most things that ozKiwi mentioned, but it’s always good to compare others lists, see what you’re missing 🙄🤔

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

What is a PES?😕       Be gentle,  I'm an old fuddy duddy.

Platinum Elite Suites evening lounge from approx 4.30-5.30PM each evening where a selection of nibbles are offered (F.O.C.) and they have a menu of special cocktails which aren't free of course.  I did a couple of cruises on the Golden Princess where it was held in Skywalkers.  It wasn't offered on the Sun class ships.  They have a "bouncer" on the door so only those "speshul" people are allowed in.  🙄

Maybe Princess has done away with this like they have with pillow chocolates, tote bags and those tub chairs in the cabins.

Ozwoody I'm probably older and even fuddier duddier that you are LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Wanderers2 said:

The Coral & Island Princess were built specifically for the old Panama Canal locks. Now with the new wider lock they are not required so have been moved to other areas. Island to Norway & Coral to OZ & to replace the Sun & Sea etc for the Aust world cruise.

Ah, I knew there was other Panamax's.

4 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

Making assumptions on the LC1950, I wouldn't bet on it.

I might beat you by 5🤣

I saw a post from a Platinum on the 3 nighter, that they DO have the P.E.S Lounge. I guess I didn't take much notice of where it is and when, seeing as though I have PLUS this time. But I will go have a look-see. 

Edited by CDaze71
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Star is aa Grand Class ship.

It's that extra .25m .... The only Sun Class ship that had an International Cafe was Sun itself. It was squashed in to deck 5 and the usual bar that was there on the other Sun Class ships was just a small corner at one side of the cafe. 

It will be interesting to see what the IC is like on Coral. Hopefully some of the bars, like Crooners, will have espresso machines for people who just coffees. They did that on Sea and Diamond and it was great. On Ruby there was only the IC and the buffet and getting a coffee was a nightmare.

I will see if any of the bars have espressos machines just for you OzKiwiJJ

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

FOUND IT - Platinum, Elite and Suite Lounge is Daily from 4:30pm to 6:30pm in Explorers Lounge, Deck 6 aft.

6 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

FOUND IT - Platinum, Elite and Suite Lounge is Daily from 4:30pm to 6:30pm in Explorers Lounge, Deck 6 aft.

We have had an invite each embarkation day, but not been there yet 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

Platinum Elite Suites evening lounge from approx 4.30-5.30PM each evening where a selection of nibbles are offered (F.O.C.) and they have a menu of special cocktails which aren't free of course.  I did a couple of cruises on the Golden Princess where it was held in Skywalkers.  It wasn't offered on the Sun class ships.  They have a "bouncer" on the door so only those "speshul" people are allowed in.  🙄

Maybe Princess has done away with this like they have with pillow chocolates, tote bags and those tub chairs in the cabins.

The tub chair is sitting nicely in our suite and actually quite comfortable

3 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Good Question. I will be following along wherever it is. But Irene, maybe you can chill more on this 4 nighter.

I assure you we are chillin’. It has been very relaxing, we are enjoying every minute. We don’t have to go over everything but it might be additional info be best out in a different topic so it’s easier to find. Mainly observations and our experience might help someone to know what can and can’t happen. So I’ll start one and others can follow, add too or just party on regardless lol. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

@Cbtours so if us with the PLUS package decided to go along to the PES Lounge, can we get the 'discounted cocktails' free on our package? Just another nice place to go pre-dinner drinks maybe. Hadn't even thought about it. 

I was thinking that surely you wouldn’t need to pay hen you,got your package 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

We were very disappointed it wasn’t in the piazza but noting it’s much narrower ship obviously accounts for it.

that being said we’ve been enjoying a few delectable savouries for lunch as too full from Brekky and saving room for dinner lol

Actually I am quite pleased it isn't. On Golden P, the area filled up with people who stake a claim on a seat and stay as there is always something happening. Means that others who just want to sit down and have a coffee find it very difficult to find a seat. Hopefully being in a different place this won't be such an issue. 

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Actually I am quite pleased it isn't. On Golden P, the area filled up with people who stake a claim on a seat and stay as there is always something happening. Means that others who just want to sit down and have a coffee find it very difficult to find a seat. Hopefully being in a different place this won't be such an issue. 

That’s actually a very good point. We often ended up sitting in the good spirits area for that reason. There is definitely more seating now I’m sure. 
there is of course the regular seating in the piazza, and because of the app you don’t need to,lose your seat while you go for something lol.

The IC food is much less than it used to be, but we’ve enjoyed what we’ve had.

• Like 2

Just now, Ozwoody said:

Someone asked about the Churchill Lounge being a smoking area on American cruises, but won't be allowed here.

Fret no more, well now it a no smoking zone on US cruises as well since Dec 2021.

See below 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2819807-churchill’s-is-now-non-smoking-too/

We saw people sitting in there so,it was being used but had no idea if it was for smoking or not. There is a smoking area out on the deck close to bayou though. And for whoever asked if bayou had jaz, we’ll I saw it in the patter from 7,30 live jaz playing piano man. We had obviously left before then.

Getting ready to leave on a spectacular day ☺️☺️

image.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

@Cbtours I just read a post elsewhere that Sabatinis is open for lunch - no cover charge. Is that true?

I haven’t noticed that and it’s definitely not listed in the patter for times. Todays patter attached

image.jpg

• Like 1