Complimentary days

Tourer1

17 minutes ago, Tourer1 said:

Hi 

AZ not answering the phone.

when booking on line, are the complimentary

days given during the process.?

No unfortunately either you or your travel agent has to somehow get through to Azamara to get the pricing that is to apply.  Its a kind of complicated formula its not a case of proportioning the advertised price.  The reduction is a cash reduction on the day cost but you have to pay the port fees and taxes for every day

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tourer1 said:

Hi 

AZ not answering the phone.

when booking on line, are the complimentary

days given during the process.?

We booked directly with Azamara and the agent was able to calculate an approximate cost using the free days. We then had to book with the invoice showing the full price of the cruise while the booking went off to another department to add the days. It was about 2 weeks before we received the invoice showing the new payment amount, ours was more complicated because it was a booking moved because of Covid and was originally made onboard so those benefits had to be added as well.

As I understand it if the updated booking is more than any prevailing offer you can still revert to that offer, but ours worked out extremely well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I may be booking a new cruise while onboard my upcoming one and it is very unclear to me whether I will benefit by trying to use my 2 free days. We shall see I guess.

When we’ve used days booking onboard it’s been quicker because they had direct access to the department that worked it all out. We also received the extra $100 OBC for booking in the first half of the cruise because that’s when we made the enquiry.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Riocca said:

When we’ve used days booking onboard it’s been quicker because they had direct access to the department that worked it all out. We also received the extra $100 OBC for booking in the first half of the cruise because that’s when we made the enquiry.

That’s the plan! 😀

• Like 1

I recently moved from explorer to explorer plus.  I was told any booking ashore must be done through loyalty.  Loyalty responded and told me I have until next May to book and there was no restriction on how far out.   

if I wait till my next cruise, which is the end of January, and I book a 7 day cruise onboard, is my only extra benefit a $100.00 OBC

If that’s the case I would think I’m better off booking now for 2023 to get the cabin I want.

Also, can this type of booking still be transferred to a travel agent?

9 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

I recently moved from explorer to explorer plus.  I was told any booking ashore must be done through loyalty.  Loyalty responded and told me I have until next May to book and there was no restriction on how far out.   

if I wait till my next cruise, which is the end of January, and I book a 7 day cruise onboard, is my only extra benefit a $100.00 OBC

If that’s the case I would think I’m better off booking now for 2023 to get the cabin I want.

It’s a $200 OBC and an extra $100 if you book in the first half of the cruise. There’s also a 50% reduced deposit. As far as I know it can still be transferred to an agent.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

There’s also a discount for booking onboard, Explorer is 5% and Discover is 6%. Onboard bookings can be transferred to travel agents, but if you booked the cruise you are on is booked with a travel agent it’s supposed to be transferred to them.

54 minutes ago, Riocca said:

There’s also a discount for booking onboard, Explorer is 5% and Discover is 6%. Onboard bookings can be transferred to travel agents, but if you booked the cruise you are on is booked with a travel agent it’s supposed to be transferred to them.

No. There is no requirement to use your existing agent. You can nominate a new agent when booking or can place it with Azamara then transfer it within 30 days regardless of who booked your current cruise. Done that three times in the last year without anyone saying it is supposed to be transferred to the agency you booked through. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, uktog said:

No. There is no requirement to use your existing agent. You can nominate a new agent when booking or can place it with Azamara then transfer it within 30 days regardless of who booked your current cruise. Done that three times in the last year without anyone saying it is supposed to be transferred to the agency you booked through. 

Thank you, that’s good news last time we booked onboard we were told this but our next cruise is the last using a TA and we want to book onboard direct with Azamara.

20 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Thank you, that’s good news last time we booked onboard we were told this but our next cruise is the last using a TA and we want to book onboard direct with Azamara.

Just say at the start to avoid any confusion I want to leave this booking with Azamara

Theres been a few “urban myths” generated by some future cruise staff this last year.  They lost some good ones and some others didn’t get retrained before starting up again. 

• Like 1

Just saying: Using free nights is a gamble. If you can benefit from it and really get a good deal, lucky you. We have just had our 4 free nights being eaten up by the current promotion and everybody is getting the same price. 

Azamara should look at another way of honouring loyalty. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

Just saying: Using free nights is a gamble. If you can benefit from it and really get a good deal, lucky you. We have just had our 4 free nights being eaten up by the current promotion and everybody is getting the same price. 

I agree Odd. I've said it before, the free nights aren't "free" and the less you have the more difficult it is to make it work to your advantage. 

Phil 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Just say at the start to avoid any confusion I want to leave this booking with Azamara

Theres been a few “urban myths” generated by some future cruise staff this last year.  They lost some good ones and some others didn’t get retrained before starting up again. 

Yes I think we have one of those non retrained future cruise reps on board now. When we went to ask questions we were met with "I don't know" or you can check that yourself. We also tried to book another cruise and discovered that our on board loyalty benefits did not apply nor quarterly savings which were on the particular cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Belfastman said:

Yes I think we have one of those non retrained future cruise reps on board now. When we went to ask questions we were met with "I don't know" or you can check that yourself. We also tried to book another cruise and discovered that our on board loyalty benefits did not apply nor quarterly savings which were on the particular cruise.

We had to get one of our bookings done last September on Quest repriced when we got home as they had not applied the Quarterly Savings.  At least Azamara did recognise the mistake.  Back onboard in April, same person, same mistake but this time I was more diligent in checking and got it corrected there and then.  They are very target driven now and I think just want a sale at any cost.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

Spot on, I let ours lapse, they aren't a benefit.  I agree, they need to look at this again.  This is something the new owner should be able to do.  I think for 10 people who get the perk only 2 or 3 get a real benefit and most of those are people getting 6 or 10 nights

• Like 3

I’m looking to use 6 free nights on a 7 night cruise and then combine with another 7 night .   Really don’t want to wait to book until we are back on in January and not het a cc suite we want..

Will both cabins get the b2b OBC ?

• Like 1