FCC Causes Overage

DiKaiDance

I originally booked a cruise that me and my fiancé cancelled back in February. I had $256 in FCC. I applied it to a new booking for November and between the time I booked and the credit being applied to my booking I paid off the cruise without thinking. Now I have an overage in payments. Will this become on board credit or will it be applied back to my (Amazing and New!!) Carnival credit card as a refund? Anybody have this happen before?

E7D3F587-5CEB-493E-B214-4614BD8535F0.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Do a fake booking for FunShop items and see what it says about how much OBC you can use to pay for items.

I actually thought of that and tried it. I was not given the option to pay with any additional OBC that appeared so it’s not in my account as OBC. At least yet.

Just did a reprice on my next Royal cruise. It was paid for and I did have FCC applied to the cruise. Because the price went down the FCC was an over charge. The balance went back as FCC for my next booking. They would not give it as OBC.

37 minutes ago, DiKaiDance said:

I actually thought of that and tried it. I was not given the option to pay with any additional OBC that appeared so it’s not in my account as OBC. At least yet.

You need to get to the final screen before it appears as an option.  At least that $200 should show.  At the final screen, you can still cancel purchases

37 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Just did a reprice on my next Royal cruise. It was paid for and I did have FCC applied to the cruise. Because the price went down the FCC was an over charge. The balance went back as FCC for my next booking. They would not give it as OBC.

Royal's policy does not apply here

• Haha 1

UPDATE:

I just got an email from Carnival, I should have been more patient!

They are refunding my card which is pretty awesome. I thought the likely outcome would be OBC as everyone noted before but they cashed me out.

• Like 4