RCI Payment Issues

I’m currently on the phone with RCI AGAIN after they say they accident refunded part of my cruise and I need to pay them again. This happened 4 days ago. On Tuesday I spent 3.5 hours on the phone trying to resolve the issue. They finally told me I had to pay them after they issued the refund (which no one requested). I paid it and got an invoice saying I was paid in full and they added notes to my account saying I was paid and everything was good. I get an email this morning saying I have an outstanding balance again. I’m on the phone now and they tell me their system once again refunded part of my cruise I must pay them again, even though this mysterious second refund doesn’t show on my account. Has anyone had issues like this? It’s insane. I will never cruise with RCI again. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this has happened to us twice in the past five months. In our case, we had added gift certificates as OBC (on paid in full cruises), and they misapplied them pre-cruise OBC "purchases" and instead of showing up as OBC credits, their system posted them as debits, and we got emails saying our cruise was not paid in full. It took at least a half dozen calls in each case before they finally got everything sorted out. 

This is NOT an issue of Royal alone. We had a booking with another line and they "lost" a $500 OBC and had me owe $720 on a fully paid (for 8 mo) cruise. Took my TA 4 different calls for it to all be resolved. Finally, everything shows up OK for my fall NE/Canada cruise. 

• Like 1

I've received credits to my CC which I have no clue.  Royal CS is/was of no help whatsoever.  The only good thing is that all of my FCCs have been applied.  There's only a $125 remaining to be applied to an August '23 sail.

Just happened to me this morning.  Paid the balance due on the cruise.  Did a screen shot and print out of the screen that said it was paid in full.  I believe I made a mistake in that after payment I went to check the guest information.  I noticed that the phone number was wrong (it was saying I was from vietnam) so I corrected the phone number.  I then went to my e-mail to look for the paid in full receipt and shockingly got one that said I still had a balance due of over double the amount.  In looking at the new receipt all of the various "discounts" had been removed.  I got through to RCI pretty quickly and it has been escalated to resolutions to fix it.  Luckily, I paid in full two weeks out so hopefully it will be resolved before the payment deadline.

Quick update. Within two minutes of posting this, RCI had emailed me the paid in full receipt, so all is good.  They simply changed the cruise fare to make the numbers work, without re-inputting the various discounts.  Still very strange.

Edited by The Scurvy Pirate
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Just happened to me this morning.  Paid the balance due on the cruise.  Did a screen shot and print out of the screen that said it was paid in full.  I believe I made a mistake in that after payment I went to check the guest information.  I noticed that the phone number was wrong (it was saying I was from vietnam) so I corrected the phone number.  I then went to my e-mail to look for the paid in full receipt and shockingly got one that said I still had a balance due of over double the amount.  In looking at the new receipt all of the various "discounts" had been removed.  I got through to RCI pretty quickly and it has been escalated to resolutions to fix it.  Luckily, I paid in full two weeks out so hopefully it will be resolved before the payment deadline.

Quick update. Within two minutes of posting this, RCI had emailed me the paid in full receipt, so all is good.  They simply changed the cruise fare to make the numbers work, without re-inputting the various discounts.  Still very strange.

I’m still dealing with the issue. I’m not sure what I’ll do if I get to the port and they say I still owe. I’m just so over it. 

Help! This has happened a THIRD TIME and now the customer service supervisor says my reservation is in jeopardy of being canceled because of it. He says there’s nothing he can do. I’m about to lose my S*#@. Is there another number I can call to help resolve this?

I don't have much to add....other than....I'm fighting the same issue on 2 reservations that have been paid in full for 2 years up until 2 weeks ago when I started getting balance due emails...even though website still shows paid in full 😉

welcome-to-the-party-pal-welcome-to-the-party.gif.8431f4057428b6cdf052c83434319520.gif

On 6/20/2022 at 10:26 AM, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Quick update. Within two minutes of posting this, RCI had emailed me the paid in full receipt, so all is good.  They simply changed the cruise fare to make the numbers work, without re-inputting the various discounts.

Watch them like a hawk, as this type of manual invoice manipulation is likely to be kicked out the next time they run their system syncs. Happened to us on one of our April cruises.

13 minutes ago, HealthCraig said:

Help! This has happened a THIRD TIME and now the customer service supervisor says my reservation is in jeopardy of being canceled because of it. He says there’s nothing he can do. I’m about to lose my S*#@. Is there another number I can call to help resolve this?

Call and ask the supervisor to loop in someone from accounting. They are the only ones that can see the entire trail. We ended up having to do this twice before everything was worked out.

As a last resort, send an email to mbayley@rccl.com and lay out exactly what is happening to you (politely, of course).

Edited by orville99

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Call and ask the supervisor to loop in someone from accounting. They are the only ones that can see the entire trail. We ended up having to do this twice before everything was worked out.

As a last resort, send an email to mbayley@rccl.com and lay out exactly what is happening to you (politely, of course).

The supervisor I’m on the phone with has “elevated” the issue with accounting and says we will get an answer within 48 hours. However, I set sail July 4th and the supervisor is telling me my reservation is likely to be canceled because of this issue. I can’t wait 48 hours. This is insanity. 

3 minutes ago, HealthCraig said:

The supervisor I’m on the phone with has “elevated” the issue with accounting and says we will get an answer within 48 hours. However, I set sail July 4th and the supervisor is telling me my reservation is likely to be canceled because of this issue. I can’t wait 48 hours. This is insanity. 

Accounting can (and should) put a "do not cancel" block on the reservation (they did that for us) while they sort out the glitches.

I would email Michael Bayley right now and let him (really his exec assistant) know what is happening. 

RC couldn’t find my final payment. After 10 emails & 12 phone calls they admit they have the funds in their bank account, but, can’t allocate it to my cruise. It has been allocated to another cruise that I’m not part of where my FCC’s have been allocated without my approval in a group booking by a TA. *****! I’m sailing in less than 2 weeks. RC are a joke! My upcoming B2B cruises will be my last with RC as they are just too difficult to deal with. If they ever sort out my missing FCC’s, I may be forced to do one last cruise to use them if I can’t get a refund.

8 hours ago, RKHOOKER said:

RC couldn’t find my final payment. After 10 emails & 12 phone calls they admit they have the funds in their bank account, but, can’t allocate it to my cruise. It has been allocated to another cruise that I’m not part of where my FCC’s have been allocated without my approval in a group booking by a TA. *****! I’m sailing in less than 2 weeks. RC are a joke! My upcoming B2B cruises will be my last with RC as they are just too difficult to deal with. If they ever sort out my missing FCC’s, I may be forced to do one last cruise to use them if I can’t get a refund.

It’s crazy how apathetic RCI is to all of this. These companies need to realize word of mouth is a serious business. Ex. I’ve never sailed on MSC, and I never will because of all the terrible stories of heard. RCI is up there with MSC at this point 🤷🏻‍♂️