Verifly no longer needed?

SailorPaulH

Sorry if this has been clarified elsewhere, but I can't find it if it was.

I just tried to create an entry for our (replacement) September 2022 cruise in Verifly - and I was unable to do so (no choice of Viking Cruises in menu). Is Verifly no longer required by Viking?

10 minutes ago, SailorPaulH said:

Sorry if this has been clarified elsewhere, but I can't find it if it was.

I just tried to create an entry for our (replacement) September 2022 cruise in Verifly - and I was unable to do so (no choice of Viking Cruises in menu). Is Verifly no longer required by Viking?

4 minutes ago, Liz Masterson said:

I think it won’t let you set it up until you’re closer to your cruise date… that said maybe they are going to shut it down!

It's my understanding that you can't do it until 30 days before the cruise -- if it is to be done at all.

• Like 1

I’m traveling next month to the Mediterranean.  The VeriFLY button is no longer showing up in my portal.  I assume it’s no longer required (at least for my journey.)

This info is posted in the Explore Safely section related to VeriFLY:

316C8A5F-A099-455A-878A-3818354BA76B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I was within the 30 days til embarkation requirement to complete VeriFly. However,  I suddenly couldn’t find the link/info for it, so I did an online chat with a Viking rep. 

The rep confirmed it’s no longer necessary. But I assume we still need to present vax cards to board although I neglected to ask about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

I understand it is recommended but not required.  Imho always has been a third party duplication of effort waste of time.  🍸

When we returned from our cruise last month, we deleted all of our information on Verify and closed the account -- of course, it's probably still out there somewhere. 🙄

• Haha 1

Had verifly app on phone from Dec. 2021 V Venus cruise.

It still had my account, so I started a new trip with V, prior to 11JUN22 announcement, and entered booking ID, and embark date. Just checked it, trip still there, Vax info to be entered 30 days prior.

Don't want to delete account because it already has my general info.

But, on MVJ, also cannot find mention of app, under "Before You Go".  Curiously, new "Pre-departure Info --Travel Information" doc. (6/15/22 --revised from doc. 6/14/22) does not have the pre-embark calendar countdown list.

Under :Health and Safety Program, How does Viking define full vaccinated...   copied the following:

Proof of vaccination will be certified through VeriFLY. Guests will receive :and detailed instructions within 30 days of departure.

So I'm also confused

Edited by FetaCheese
  • Like 1

What I find is the most up to date is the main Viking site.  This is as of today.  To my knowledge, no pre-travel test is required (with some exceptions) and no onboard testing is being done now, but all guests still have to prove vaccination status - as stated here.

image.thumb.png.146fe9c9897bed1a2a641c5cec667bd4.png

Here is the link to the site.

https://www.vikingcruisescanada.com/oceans/why-viking/health-and-safety/health-and-safety-faq.html

3 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

What I find is the most up to date is the main Viking site.  This is as of today.  To my knowledge, no pre-travel test is required (with some exceptions) and no onboard testing is being done now, but all guests still have to prove vaccination status - as stated here.

https://www.vikingcruisescanada.com/oceans/why-viking/health-and-safety/health-and-safety-faq.html

3 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

Same as on US site.

We have a pre-cruise extension prior to an Alaska cruise on Viking Orion, with flights departing one month from today.  We received this email from Viking this morning:

20JUN2022

Dear Viking Guest,

Thank you for booking your upcoming journey with Viking. As you know, we require that all guests and crew be up to date on their COVID-19 immunization. Viking has partnered with VeriFLY, an independent third-party vendor, to digitally certify your vaccination status ahead of departure.

Please complete the certification process on the VeriFLY app as soon as you are able.

• Download the app at the following links.
    - Apple IOS
    - Android
  • The VeriFLY app will guide you through each step of the process.
  • Should you need additional guidance, we have also prepared a step-by-step guide for your reference.

Once you have completed the VeriFLY process, Viking will receive confirmation of your vaccination status. (NOTE: Some airlines and countries have also partnered with VeriFLY and may require you to complete a separate VeriFLY certification process.)

Please ensure you also carry your original vaccination documentation while traveling as you may need to present proof of vaccination at other points during your trip.

If you have any questions regarding the VeriFLY process, please contact VeriFLY Customer Support at 1-813-392-4332 or support@myverifly.com. Many questions may be answered at VeriFLY's online Help Center or accessible from within the app.
We thank you for your cooperation and wish you a wonderful journey.

Sincerely,

Viking

• Like 1

Verifly is unable to truly certify vaccination status, as they thankfully have no access to government or private medical records. All they do is tell the organization using them that your vaccination looks legitimate based on their algorithm. It’s a “feel good” service that adds no value other than relieving the organization’s employees of rendering an opinion on your vaccination status.

• Like 5