Waitlisted for anytime dining on the Edge

bebe08

Hi All, we have sailed several times with Celebrity and always had anytime dining.  We just booked a cruise on the Edge for Feb 2023  (will be our first cruise on the E class) and the only dining available was late dining.  We are waitlisted for anytime.  I know the Edge MDR are different in that their are 4 of them so not sure if there are less anytime dining spots available.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Wondering what our chances are of getting anytime dining.  Late dining is waaay too late for us....

TIA

40 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Hi All, we have sailed several times with Celebrity and always had anytime dining.  We just booked a cruise on the Edge for Feb 2023  (will be our first cruise on the E class) and the only dining available was late dining.  We are waitlisted for anytime.  I know the Edge MDR are different in that their are 4 of them so not sure if there are less anytime dining spots available.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Wondering what our chances are of getting anytime dining.  Late dining is waaay too late for us....

TIA

Almost 100%.  Especially if you have Captain's Club status.  Ask immediately when you board.   

Actually likely you will get anytime before as February 2023 is 8 months away.

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Almost 100%.  Especially if you have Captain's Club status.  Ask immediately when you board.   

Actually likely you will get anytime before as February 2023 is 8 months away.

Thanks that is reassuring.  We are Elite Captains Club.  When we booked on board we weren't asked what our dining preference was they assigned us late dining.  When I noticed it I went back to the future cruise desk and asked to have it changed but it was the only option available.  

We cruised on Apex last Feb and found a letter in our cabin saying everyone was anytime and if you wanted the same dining room with same time to see one of the maitre D's. I think the dining reservation system is old and doesn't quite match up with the new Edge 4 DR system of seating. 

When I booked Apex last fall I immediately was able to book dining in all 4 of their restaurants.  I have the Celebrity App. on my phone and was able to use that as well as my computer.  We are also booked on Apex for October 2023 but dining is not open for booking yet.  We are booked in Aqua for both cruises and I am Elite + so I don't know if that came into play or not.  We wanted to try the dining rooms even though I never eat in MDR or at Buffet.  Keep checking for the opportunity to book your dining.

I'm very confused.  I tried to get clarification from their help line, but that turned into a disaster.

I was told I would be assigned to a dining room, but how can they expect that I'll want the same one of the four restaurants every night.  How many times can I have French or Italian?

They said I was waitlisted for Anytime and assigned to late seating.

Overall, I am expecting less and less from this experience and hoping maybe could educate me on what I can reasonably expect.  🙂

20 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

When I booked Apex last fall I immediately was able to book dining in all 4 of their restaurants.  I have the Celebrity App. on my phone and was able to use that as well as my computer.  We are also booked on Apex for October 2023 but dining is not open for booking yet.  We are booked in Aqua for both cruises and I am Elite + so I don't know if that came into play or not.  We wanted to try the dining rooms even though I never eat in MDR or at Buffet.  Keep checking for the opportunity to book your dining.

The 4 MDRs are open for reservations online but when I try to reserve I get a message that says I am not a flex dining guest and won't let me reserve.  I can only reserve specialty restaurants at this point.

I did a lift/shift to Edge (from the cancelled European Infinity itineraries when they decided to move the ship to the Caribbean for the fall) and was waitlisted at the time (January) for anytime - we sail in October.

I just happened to look a few weeks ago and anytime was suddenly available so I snatched it up and made all of my reservations.

If you are waitlisted I suggest you keep looking, they are not going to tell you if it suddenly becomes available - I was lucky!

39 minutes ago, kaeffie said:

I'm very confused.  I tried to get clarification from their help line, but that turned into a disaster.

I was told I would be assigned to a dining room, but how can they expect that I'll want the same one of the four restaurants every night.  How many times can I have French or Italian?

Overall, I am expecting less and less from this experience and hoping maybe could educate me on what I can reasonably expect.  🙂

One thing to note is that there are a small number of dishes that are "exclusive" to that restaurant.  However, all of the 4 share the same galley, so you can actually order exclusives from another.  The bulk of the menu is the same across all four of the restaurants (and changes each night), so unless you like the decor of one so much more than the others, it's not really a big deal to be in the same one for the duration of the cruise.  You won't be having Italian or French all the time unless you ordered as such.  

As well, the "exclusives" are the same throughout the entire cruise.

Edited by WorkerBee74

5 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

I did a lift/shift to Edge (from the cancelled European Infinity itineraries when they decided to move the ship to the Caribbean for the fall) and was waitlisted at the time (January) for anytime - we sail in October.

I just happened to look a few weeks ago and anytime was suddenly available so I snatched it up and made all of my reservations.

If you are waitlisted I suggest you keep looking, they are not going to tell you if it suddenly becomes available - I was lucky!

Where do you look to see that anytime is available?  Thanks

Just now, bebe08 said:

Where do you look to see that anytime is available?  Thanks

Manage Reservation > Reservation Details > Under "Open Dining" you will see "Seating Time" and "Edit".  If Anytime is available it will let you choose it.

1 minute ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Manage Reservation > Reservation Details > Under "Open Dining" you will see "Seating Time" and "Edit".  If Anytime is available it will let you choose it.

Perfect thanks! I will definitely check regularly 🙂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kaeffie said:

If you had a traditional or fixed dining time, you would be assigned to one of the 4 dining rooms.  I anticipate you will move up the waitlist and have anytime by the time you board; if not, it is frequently possible to have the change made by speaking to a Maitre d’ once onboard.

While we haven’t yet sailed on Beyond (will in October), we have sailed on Apex and the dining rooms are the same.  The 4 dining rooms each have a “theme” for decor and a few exclusive items; however, the other sections of the menu are the same in all 4.

Normandie is French themed, Tuscan is Italian, Cyprus Is Greek and Cosmopolitan the more traditional American.  Each of the restaurants has three sections to their menus:

One section is the “Classics” or always available items (such as shrimp cocktail, escargot, French a onion Soup, Chicken Breast, steak, etc.).  This section of the menu is the same every night and the same in all the restaurants.

Another section is the “Celebrity Signature” items.  That is the daily rotational portion of the menu.  It changes nightly, but is the same in all 4 restaurants on that night.

The  third section is the “Exclusives “, the items unique to that restaurant.  The best I remember, there are 2 or 3 starters, 3 entrees and one dessert per restaurant.  They remain the same, in that restaurant, every night.

We never asked, but there are a number of reports of passengers ordering an exclusive item from one of the other restaurants.  Also, as numbers have been down, it has been reported to be easy to request, via the Maitre d’, to dine in another of the restaurants.  I have no idea how the increasing passenger load may impact that.

on the Apex, we LOVED this dining concept.  I hope you enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2022 at 10:57 AM, bebe08 said:

TIA

We had a similar situation.  Booked Edge in April 2022 for a September 2022 cruise.  Received early dining.  Had requested anytime dining and within a month received anytime dining.  Very good chance that you will have a similar experience.

We are on Beyond in October and we’re assigned late dining even though we request select. I called Captains club today to make sure I was on the wait list and was told the wait list doesn’t exist and there was nothing I could do. I guess I will keep calling until someone at least acknowledges there is a wait list. 

10 hours ago, lorimay said:

We are on Beyond in October and we’re assigned late dining even though we request select. I called Captains club today to make sure I was on the wait list and was told the wait list doesn’t exist and there was nothing I could do. I guess I will keep calling until someone at least acknowledges there is a wait list. 

Oh wow!  I can see that I am waitlisted when I sign into my cruise on my laptop, but I don't see it on the app.  Here is what I see:

image.png.6c3d339bfc8d23c9361f5a93fc53707c.png