Airline canceled our flight for after cruise

There are 12 of us cruising from Barcelona.  Airfare was arranged through RCCL .  I was checking on seats for the flight and the Barcelona to London was gone.  Still showing London to Chicago, but no way to get to London.  I checked with my TA and she was not aware of this change.  She is working with Royal and airline, but so far no agreement on how to proceed.  Hope things get straightened out sooner than later.

Dennis

3 minutes ago, Travelw said:

There are 12 of us cruising from Barcelona.  Airfare was arranged through RCCL .  I was checking on seats for the flight and the Barcelona to London was gone.  Still showing London to Chicago, but no way to get to London.  I checked with my TA and she was not aware of this change.  She is working with Royal and airline, but so far no agreement on how to proceed.  Hope things get straightened out sooner than later.

Dennis

Royal can put you up in Barcelona until they can find you a way home, food voucher's too. Sounds like a win to me.

Enjoy your stay over in Barcelona. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Travelw said:

Dennis

What airline? What date?

Flights between London and Barcelona are like busses… there are dozens every day. They’ll put you on another one. 

• Like 3

On 6/22/2022 at 8:37 AM, Travelw said:

Dennis

Be careful, sometimes when the first leg cancels the subsequent leg automatically cancels.

• Like 1

Be thankful you still have time to work it out. When our Symphony cruise ended last October we were booked to fly out that afternoon out of Miami.   We were supposed to be home Saturday night but do to even another cancelation we didn't make it home until Thursday night.  The plus side was the extra time we had to enjoy Miami.

Our TA was able to work it out with Royal and American Airlines.  We now have a non-stop flight from Barcelona to Chicago.  We are all ticketed but no seat assignments.  The TA is trying to get seat assignments, but said they might be assigned at the airport.  We will see.

Thanks for all the responses.

• Like 3

This is yet one more reason why I don’t like booking my flights to the cruise. I don’t even put them on my online check-in anymore after they canceled the flight that they didn’t even make when our boat was coming late into port 

it’s great because if there are changes then the cruise line will cover them versus you having to deal with the airlines, but you are so much at their mercy when you book it through them

A good TA will manage both for you if you think it's too much to handle.

Managing the booking of flights to a cruise is nothing to me... I don't have to worry about the agency pushing an airline who might be giving the TA a better commission....

9 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

A good TA will manage both for you if you think it's too much to handle.

Managing the booking of flights to a cruise is nothing to me... I don't have to worry about the agency pushing an airline who might be giving the TA a better commission....

Airlines stopped paying commissions years ago except on some premium seats.