Passport may not come in time

sydbarrett

On 6/25/2022 at 11:02 AM, Fatcat604 said:

Are you applying it from Vancouver? My sister submit her son application on april 1 at a service canada location, she tried to contacts passport office multiple times, but never get through their phone line. We are leaving in a few week. Hopefully we can get it soon. 

Yes I'm in the Vancouver area. I applied at the Service Canada office in Langley BC on March 29th. Finally got through on the phone on June 16th. I wasn't given a lot of information, only that her passport had been processed and should be sent off to the printer in the next week. So I'm hoping it went to the printer and is now enroute by mail. UGH, I hate this so much. He told me he would pass my phone number on to our 'local office' for more up to date info which I thought was odd (I certainly didn't ask him to do that) and unsurprisingly I never received a phone call. As long as it went to print and is in the  mail I don't care if the local office calls me, I just want her darn passport!

20 hours ago, Fatcat604 said:

We applied at service canada near canada way burnaby. Hopefully it will show up in the mail soon. 

I'll certainly update here as soon as it arrives. Tomorrow marks 13 weeks for us and I see you mentioned an April 1st submission date so that will be 13 weeks as well soon.....

Good news! She received a call from the passport office and they gave her an appointment for 8:30am July 4, no waiting in line! She will be able to pick up her passport July 5 and we leave July 6. This was a result of calling in and asking for a transfer to an office that does emergency passports (we still can't believe they called!). She has to bring proof of travel, a new application and photos because they can't find hers (or her original passport) but they can see in their records that she did submit it. They also said they won't charge any additional fees since she applied so long ago. What an incredible relief! 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, sydbarrett said:

Good news! She received a call from the passport office and they gave her an appointment for 8:30am July 4, no waiting in line! She will be able to pick up her passport July 5 and we leave July 6. This was a result of calling in and asking for a transfer to an office that does emergency passports (we still can't believe they called!). She has to bring proof of travel, a new application and photos because they can't find hers (or her original passport) but they can see in their records that she did submit it. They also said they won't charge any additional fees since she applied so long ago. What an incredible relief! 

Wow!  That is fantastic news and a great weight lifted off your shoulders!  Congratulations!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sydbarrett said:

Terrific news, your perseverance has finally paid off in spades! With that behind you, I hope that the two of you have a wonderful trip.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sydbarrett said:

Wonderful news. I hope everything proceeds as expected and you both have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 3:32 PM, bcwife76 said:

I'll certainly update here as soon as it arrives. Tomorrow marks 13 weeks for us and I see you mentioned an April 1st submission date so that will be 13 weeks as well soon.....

Did your passport arrive? My sister contact our MP this week, sign a consent form, they said they will take care. 

On 7/13/2022 at 2:31 PM, Fatcat604 said:

Did your passport arrive? My sister contact our MP this week, sign a consent form, they said they will take care. 

Oh my gosh I completely forgot to update here! Yes it came last week on Wednesday (the 6th) FINALLY. That only took 14 weeks and 1 day.....lordy.  But finally have it. Hope the MP gets the wheels moving for your sister and the passport is in hand asap!