Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

9 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

What makes you think that Promos that are targeted to specific cruises/specific dates might be available to other cruises?

It all depends. Many are date dependent. They are discounts to fill cabins on undersold, soon departing ships, or repositioning cruises. Some are legs of the world cruise. For example, SUM23 appears to be for fall and early winter 2023 departures. We used it for our upcoming Chilean Fjord cruise, which is repositioning from the northern to southern hemisphere. Last year we got a great deal on an off season Mediterranean cruise a few months before departure.

When you find a code that works, the sailing dates will have an asterisk to indicate that it applies.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 3

On 1/3/2023 at 9:46 AM, Squawkman said:

I had asked my Viking agent who then indicated in his 10 years with Viking he has never seen free air for Portugal.

Never say never.

River Flash Sale

Free International Air

Reduced Fares

Promo Code FLS

Expires 7/31

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/en/river/FLS/20230615.html

Offer valid on bookings made from Jul 27 to Jul 31, 2023.

Cruise from $2,599 per person based on select Nov 2023 departures of Romantic Danube; Rhine Getaway; Danube Waltz in category F;

cruise from $2,799 per person based on select Nov 2023 departures of Holland & Belgium in category F;

cruise from $2,999 per person based on select Nov 2023 departures of Portugal’s River of Gold; Cities of Light; Paris to the Swiss Alps; Elegant Elbe in category F;

cruise from $3,499 per person based on select Nov 2023 departures of Grand European Tour in category F;

cruise from $4,999 per person based on select Nov 2023 departures of Capitals of Eastern Europe in category F; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. Call for details.

Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Book by Jul 31, 2023. Pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Jul 31, 2023.

Edit: Duoro River sailings in November are sold out.  FLS is working on some Dec sailings.

Edited by Selion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hilarious...

Was going to post SUM23 has been extended.  Clicking on that link in the email, it actually took me to a Mississippi promo LTO.

Free Air

Free Stateroom Upgrade

Expires Aug 10

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/en/river/LTO/20230803/new-orleans-and-southern-charms.html

Offer valid on bookings made from Aug 3 to Aug 10, 2023. FREE stateroom upgrade within category, Veranda to Deluxe Veranda (V1-DV1) plus FREE roundtrip airfare valid on select Dec 2023 departures of New Orleans & Southern Charms. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Aug 10, 2023. Pay in full by Aug 31, 2023 or at time of booking if within 120 days of departure. Offer expires Aug 10, 2023.  

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Selion said:

Was going to post SUM23 has been extended.  Clicking on that link in the email, it actually took me to a Mississippi promo LTO.

Looks like it has been extended. Still good for select sailing at the end of 2023. I tried it for Expedition and Ocean. Both Chilean Fjords Expedition (October) and Australia Ocean (December) accept it.

• Thanks 1

While $25 deposit is an incentive for some....I like FREE silver spirit package!  I'd rather have lower cruise fares than FREE Viking Air that can be problematic.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, deec said:

While $25 deposit is an incentive for some....I like FREE silver spirit package!  I'd rather have lower cruise fares than FREE Viking Air that can be problematic.

Absolutely, Dee!

As we all know, "Free Air" is never really "Free".   You get what you pay for.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Absolutely, Dee!

As we all know, "Free Air" is never really "Free".   You get what you pay for.

Since I read these boards, I do have to comment.

"Free Air" is really free.  How is it otherwise?  I think it's great not to pay for a transatlantic or transpacific airline fare. Now Air Plus is not free and you get what you pay for....aggravation.

If the Viking contract does not include your chosen flight,  you are "free to roam the aircraft" and find and pay for something else.  I have used either Viking reduced air and free air promotion and have mostly been happy.

Being able to pick and pay for your own flight does not eliminate the problems that occur with flying.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MikeyB said:

Since I read these boards, I do have to comment.

"Free Air" is really free.  How is it otherwise?  I think it's great not to pay for a transatlantic or transpacific airline fare. Now Air Plus is not free and you get what you pay for....aggravation.

If the Viking contract does not include your chosen flight,  you are "free to roam the aircraft" and find and pay for something else.  I have used either Viking reduced air and free air promotion and have mostly been happy.

Being able to pick and pay for your own flight does not eliminate the problems that occur with flying.

MikeyB:

The reason I put "free" in quotes is the non-dollar costs that free entails IMHO.   Stress, aggravation, continued having to monitor for changes, hassles with on the phone with Viking etc.

Having no control over things unless you get Air Plus, and even then, things are MORE out of your control than if you booked on your own (or with Travel Agent), particularly since you are subject to the changing whims of airline contracts.  Like sudden extra charges for a flight you originally had on Viking Air but went off contract before you left, so you had to pay extra to get that same flight again.  And on and on.  

We each have our opinions as to what's important for us.  For me, the aggravation isn't worth it.  And I truly believe (no proof) that "free air" offering comes with the worst flight contracts the airlines negotiate with Viking - hence Viking can advertise the "free".  (i.e. bad times, more connections, constant changes, etc).   Don't kidd yourself - you are "paying" for the air somewhere.

In all the cruises we've done with Viking, I've seen much better pricing in nearly all of them (from California if that makes a difference).  Everyone's results will vary of course.

Edited by CCWineLover
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

MikeyB:

The reason I put "free" in quotes is the non-dollar costs that free entails IMHO.   Stress, aggravation, continued having to monitor for changes, hassles with on the phone with Viking etc.

Having no control over things unless you get Air Plus, and even then, things are MORE out of your control than if you booked on your own (or with Travel Agent), particularly since you are subject to the changing whims of airline contracts.  Like sudden extra charges for a flight you originally had on Viking Air but went off contract before you left, so you had to pay extra to get that same flight again.  And on and on.  

We each have our opinions as to what's important for us.  For me, the aggravation isn't worth it.  And I truly believe (no proof) that "free air" offering comes with the worst flight contracts the airlines negotiate with Viking - hence Viking can advertise the "free".  (i.e. bad times, more connections, constant changes, etc).   Don't kidd yourself - you are "paying" for the air somewhere.

In all the cruises we've done with Viking, I've seen much better pricing in nearly all of them (from California if that makes a difference).  Everyone's results will vary of course.

Everyone's result will vary, but really shouldn't.

Free is free and it comes with "a side"of transfers to the port/airport.

I don't see how all the stress and aggravation is eliminated because you booked the air outside of Viking.

I certainly do agree that I'm likely not to get my first choice of flights.  I always do my homework and tell Viking Air what I found first.  Then they tell me what their contract allows.  Then I tell them that the flight I want is available for say $650 and the Viking website is telling me that the free air would be $999 if I didn't have a promo code.  And they tell me "so what", and the conversation ends.

Flying related stress will be here regardless of how you received the flights.

You and I have done enough Viking cruises to have a fairly good grasp of what free air means.

On my just concluded Viking river cruise to eastern Europe, Air France dropped my seat assignments 14 times.  I blamed Air France and not Viking.  The flights were "free".

Tomorrow I leave for Asia.  Viking gave me flights that stopped in two potential war zones.  One is my limit and Viking was happy to change my return home  The Asia flights were "free".

2 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

Everyone's result will vary, but really shouldn't.

Free is free and it comes with "a side"of transfers to the port/airport.

I don't see how all the stress and aggravation is eliminated because you booked the air outside of Viking.

I certainly do agree that I'm likely not to get my first choice of flights.  I always do my homework and tell Viking Air what I found first.  Then they tell me what their contract allows.  Then I tell them that the flight I want is available for say $650 and the Viking website is telling me that the free air would be $999 if I didn't have a promo code.  And they tell me "so what", and the conversation ends.

Flying related stress will be here regardless of how you received the flights.

You and I have done enough Viking cruises to have a fairly good grasp of what free air means.

On my just concluded Viking river cruise to eastern Europe, Air France dropped my seat assignments 14 times.  I blamed Air France and not Viking.  The flights were "free".

Tomorrow I leave for Asia.  Viking gave me flights that stopped in two potential war zones.  One is my limit and Viking was happy to change my return home  The Asia flights were "free".

Mikey - you didn't hear me.  We obviously have different opinions.  Let's just agree to disagree.  There is no right answer on this one.

This just in:

Offer ACU23: Offer valid on bookings made from Aug 1 to Aug 31, 2023. FREE international airfare plus new reduced fares valid on Sep 12, 2023 departure of In the Wake of the Vikings; Sep 6, 2023 departure of Trade Routes of the Middle Ages; Nov 30, 2023 departure of Western Mediterranean Explorer; Dec 19, 2023 departure of Australia & New Zealand; Dec 12, 2023 departure of Greek Odyssey. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Pay in full by Aug 31, 2023 or at time of booking if within 120 days of departure. Offer expires Aug 31, 2023.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

New offer:

Offer SAF23: Offer valid on bookings made from Aug 4 to Aug 31, 2023. FREE international airfare plus new reduced fares valid on Sep 17, 2023 departure of North Pacific Passage; Oct 24, 2023 departure of Southeast Asia & Hong Kong; Nov 19, 2023 departure of Komodo & the Australian Coast. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Aug 31, 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/9/2023 at 11:08 AM, Teryle said:

North Pacific Passage DEAL!!! September 17th, $4,999 and free air. $5400 savings. Wish we could do this.

that is a great deal....too bad we are headed for European Rivers this fall....will keep my fingers crossed for next year.

7 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Hmmmm, appears this may be a scam.  I've been on the phone with Viking for over thirty minutes trying to confirm if this is a real promo and they are having trouble locating it.  

Will post what I find out. 

Not a scam. Just provide the offer code. I’m seeing the same pricing on viking.com through the ‘price and build’ feature.