Rapid Test Trace for Covid testing pre cruise

itsanita

We are a family of 7 flying from FL to Seattle for a Alaska cruise.  I am trying to figure out the logistics of getting or pre cruise covid tests.  We would like to get them before we all fly to Seattle (in case someone is positive).  

Due to flight times, it is cutting it pretty close going to a brick and mortar place for the tests before we fly out.  

I have found comments about this company that does them virtually using tests we already have from the US government.   

Has anyone used them?  Any issues with Celebrity?   And will them make each of us wait for the results before they do the next person... that could take over r2 hours!!!     I appreciate any info you have.   

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/   

I can't comment about that particular company but we have used Azova twice now for proctored tests including one for a Celebrity cruise. They are easy to deal with and have appointments available 24/7. They did my husband and I at the same time so I'm sure would be able to do your group all at once too. I believe they are an American company but we were able to use tests provided by our provincial government in Canada.

https://azova.com/

Edited by koolforkatz
clarity

18 minutes ago, koolforkatz said:

I can't comment about that particular company but we have used Azova twice now for proctored tests including one for a Celebrity cruise. They are easy to deal with and have appointments available 24/7. They did my husband and I at the same time so I'm sure would be able to do your group all at once too. I believe they are an American company but we were able to use tests provided by our provincial government in Canada.

https://azova.com/

Thanks, 

I'll check them out!   Did they allow you to use your own test kits?

And did they let you both test while waiting for results?  Or did you have to wait for results from the first person before they would test the second person? 

42 minutes ago, itsanita said:

Thanks, 

I'll check them out!   Did they allow you to use your own test kits?

And did they let you both test while waiting for results?  Or did you have to wait for results from the first person before they would test the second person? 

Yes, we provided our own kits. I booked an appointment, my husband booked his for the next time slot. But when they come on, they will see that you're both booked and do you both at the same time. So no, you don't have to wait for results from first person before doing next.

1 minute ago, koolforkatz said:

Yes, we provided our own kits. I booked an appointment, my husband booked his for the next time slot. But when they come on, they will see that you're both booked and do you both at the same time. So no, you don't have to wait for results from first person before doing next.

Thank you    thank you    

Now I just have to hope and pray all 7 of us are negative!!!!

• Like 2

I used rapidtestandtrace for a trip a few months ago.  Was able to use some free test kits I had at home once confirmed they were government certified.  Very easy process and had the results within an hour.

1 hour ago, Shawnkat said:

I used rapidtestandtrace for a trip a few months ago.  Was able to use some free test kits I had at home once confirmed they were government certified.  Very easy process and had the results within an hour.

did you use those tests to board a cruise or fly?

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Those tests aren't good for a cruise because they aren't proctored. Anyone can say they are negative. Any home kit like E-Med have to be proctored

The link takes you to a site which provides proctors who watch you use your government-provided tests.  Results are emailed.  Same thing E-Med does.

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Those tests aren't good for a cruise because they aren't proctored. Anyone can say they are negative. Any home kit like E-Med have to be proctored

Any government approved test (US or Canada or UK or ??) can be used by Rapid Test or any other proctoring company.  The results are certified for cruising.

Rapid Test goes easiest if you download Microsoft Teams, but not necessary. 

• 3 months later...

I also need to have myself and my husband tested at the same time.  
-  did you sign into the Azova app using your phone or a laptop?

-  did you upload one photo of both results, or did you upload a separate photo for each test?

- any problem with getting your results and your husband’s results to your respective  Azova account given you were tested during one call?

I did contact Azova with my questions but am not confident of the answers received.

On 7/3/2022 at 1:21 PM, deliver42 said:

You may wish to check the most recent regulations.   U.S. Cruises of less than 9 days do not need tests at all and those over 9 require a SELF Monitored test.   You just take the test without a monitor and take a picture.     

Believing as you do anyone can say they are negative -  why bother.   We are moving to a world like on airlines, buses and train -  an honor system that if you are positive you self quarantine.

1 hour ago, Miss Vickie said:

We used rapid test and trace about two weeks ago, successfully, to board a cruise to Alaska. I booked a proctored on line testing session, using free tests we took with us, and tested from our Seattle hotel room. It worked perfectly. 

Think you misunderstood that this is an old thread.  Testing rules have changed on most cruises.  Cruises over 9 days mostly require only that you test yourself then take a picture of the test strip.  Pretty much the honor system.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 6:42 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Think you misunderstood that this is an old thread.  Testing rules have changed on most cruises.  Cruises over 9 days mostly require only that you test yourself then take a picture of the test strip.  Pretty much the honor system.

Our September 24 cruise to Alaska required testing, it was a requirement by the Canadian government (which they dropped ont October 1st). But you’re right, didn’t realize it was an older thread.