After midnight arrival at Miami airport, car parked at hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

4774Papa

We have a transatlantic cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome in April/May of next year.  We return from Italy after two weeks via flight into Miami International Airport.

Flight arrives about 12:30am.

I haven't found any ground private transport that could take us to our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale where our car is parked (we booked a good deal for a one night stay with parking for about a month).

I don't like the idea of having to stay at a hotel near the Miami Airport, and resume our travels to Ft. L the next morning.   Any tips on how to handle this.

I did think of renting a car one way each way and avoiding parking our car for a month.  However, I can't find a one way car rental from Brunswick, Georgia and another returning to Brunswick, Georgia.   Also, renting would cost more.   We could drive to the Jacksonville Airport in north Florida, park at the airport, pick up a one way rental to Ft. L. and then on return pickup a one way rental from Miami to JAX.  Still, we don't want to drive after two flights from Rome at 1am in the morning.

I would stay overnight at a Miami hotel and then make arrangements for transportation to Fort Lauderdale in the morning. Getting off a transatlantic at 12:30AM you are going to be tired and it will be better off for you to start your trip back to Georgia in the morning.

2 hours ago, Corby114 said:

I would stay overnight at a Miami hotel and then make arrangements for transportation to Fort Lauderdale in the morning. Getting off a transatlantic at 12:30AM you are going to be tired and it will be better off for you to start your trip back to Georgia in the morning.

They'll be less traffic late night and they should stay at the hotel where their car is parked...sleep in in the morning have breakfast and be on their way.

Do you have Global Entry so getting back into the country will be even quicker?  

If so, I would simply grab an Uber or Lyft and take it to the hotel in Fort Lauderdale.  There are usually lots of Ubers around in Miami and there will zero traffic at that time of night.  Then you get to sleep in the next morning.