Using NCL Air and Ground Transport

We have booked a NCL cruise which starts in Rome.  We booked the NCL Air promo, and the ground transportation was also added to our itinerary.  However, we intend to arrive 2 days prior to embarkation (allowed by NCL policy).  Our transportation will be from the airport to Rome, then 2 days later from Rome to Civitavecchia.

Anyone have experience with this?  I doubt NCL will provide 2 separate services on different days.  I suspect I will need to cancel the ground transportation, but am waiting to hear from others.  Thanks.

Have done this a number of times.  You can cancel the transfer to the ship but keep the transfer from the ship to the airport if you wish.

Edited by Keata

Anytime I've used the NCL airpromo and requested a deviation, the transfer to the port was removed.  If you have already requested the deviation, then you need to verify that it was removed.  Your transfer from the ship to the airport should still be on your reservation.  Last October, the transfer was $75 each way.

I had NCL air, and paid for a round trip transfer.   Later on, (prior to the cruise), I purchased some shorex, including the disembarkation tour, that included ending at the airport.  So I tried to cancel the return portion of the original transfer, since it was no longer needed.  I asked for a refund of that portion, but so far, I have not gotten anything.  My TA is trying to see what she can do for me...

4 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

I asked them to keep the transfer for a one day early deviation. They told me to just go to the airport on the day of the cruise. Easy enough.

I requested they put the transfer back on so they are expecting me and it's already paid for.  Guess I kinda lost it when they said something like I could take the shuttle if they had room!

But they apparently have to override their system to do it so it sometimes takes a little patience - and per my pcc, it has to be done through the transfer people, he can't do it.

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

I requested they put the transfer back on so they are expecting me and it's already paid for.  Guess I kinda lost it when they said something like I could take the shuttle if they had room!

But they apparently have to override their system to do it so it sometimes takes a little patience - and per my pcc, it has to be done through the transfer people, he can't do it.

They didn’t tell me any of that! My cruise isn’t until later in 2023 so I have time to figure it out. I have had horrible luck with transfers from Southampton so I know how to get a car service if it comes to that!

• 1 month later...

We are doing a similar thing next May 2023. JFK to Rome we want to fly out a day early to decompress from the time change. My friend who I am traveling with booked our trip with a TA. She put in for the change in flight but not sure what will happen with transfers? We are still planning to go the ship on the same day so why should anything change? She gave me two NCL hotels in Rome at $175 per person! There are 14 of us going! My question is there another way to get to port if this doesn't pan out?

Thanks

10 hours ago, melday said:

We are doing a similar thing next May 2023. JFK to Rome we want to fly out a day early to decompress from the time change. My friend who I am traveling with booked our trip with a TA. She put in for the change in flight but not sure what will happen with transfers? We are still planning to go the ship on the same day so why should anything change? She gave me two NCL hotels in Rome at $175 per person! There are 14 of us going! My question is there another way to get to port if this doesn't pan out?

Thanks

Book your own transportation from airport to hotel then to port which is about an hour from central Rome. For a group of that size it would be multiple cars.

• Like 1

We did exactly that last year.  NCL b1g1 air to Rome, with 2d deviation.  When adding the 2d deviation the ground transfer is automatically cancelled by the system.

We never take NCL transfers.  For us, it's always easier, faster, cheaper, not to take NCL transfers.  From FCO to Rome, we found a couple from our rollcall to share the transfer (reservationrlc@gmail.com or romeairportshuttles.com), to two different hotels in Rome.  It was 34eu/couple.  That was a 30-minute ride.

Going to the port, we shared with another couple from city of Rome (2 pickups), at 85eu/couple.  It was a bit more than 1hr ride.

--

In Rome, we stayed at Genio hotel for 2 nights.  It was 1-minute to Piazza Navona.  We did a walking tour to the Tiber river (can see St. Peter's Basicila), to the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona.

Next morning we walked to Castel Sant'Angelo, to the Vatican Museum, and joined the before open to public small private guided tour.  It was great, got lots of good explanation, and at the end had a 25-minute quiet enjoyment inside the Sistine Chapel, before being lead to the gift shop/exit.  We also bought the breakfast inside the Vatican museum, it was quite good.  After that we took uber to the Colosseum.  Took the English guided tour to Arena underground, and of course the rest of the big Colosseum.  After that went to the Roman Forum and Pallitine.

• Like 2

I have a group of 24+ travelers.  Since we'll all arrive on different flights, most will get their own transport to the Rome hotel.  I will arrange for a bus to get the group to the port on embarkation day.  The port is an hour from central Rome so going as a group is likely helpful.  Regarding hotels, I chose a highly rated hotel, centrally located for walkers  and have been corresponding with them about our group coming late fall 2023.  The cost is far below $175pp.  I've provided the hotel with a list of names, and as it gets closer to sail date, we will all make individual reservations.  There are several good options,  but check out Hotel Navona 3 Stars Rome Historic Centre | Official Website to see if it meets your needs.  I've also contacted a bus company and received a quote from them to get the group to the port.  Am willing to provide more details if you'd like.

• Haha 1