Clothes line in bathroom?

Coarsegold_Mom

There's no clothesline on S-class ships either. I always bring two strong magnetic hooks that I attach to the shower wall and some twine that I hang between them and voila...a clothesline! Easy to pack and solves the problem.

• Like 2

The other thing you can do is get a few wire coat hangers from the cabin steward, hang the wet clothes on them and then hang the hangers over the shower door bar, or shower curtain bar.  Of course, bring some sturdy clothes pins along with you for the socks and bend the hangers for undies.  I've done this for years and it works perfectly.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 6:58 PM, Luvcrusn said:

There's no clothesline on S-class ships either. I always bring two strong magnetic hooks that I attach to the shower wall and some twine that I hang between them and voila...a clothesline! Easy to pack and solves the problem.

Amazon has some really good clothesline that works great with the magnets too!

41 minutes ago, HappyCamper49 said:

Amazon has some really good clothesline that works great with the magnets too!

I got my magnets from Amazon. Using 2 of them and twine is really easy to pack and inexpensive. The ones I bought are 50 lb. tested and come in a set of 4. I use the others on the cabin walls to hold purses and caps.

20 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I got my magnets from Amazon. Using 2 of them and twine is really easy to pack and inexpensive. The ones I bought are 50 lb. tested and come in a set of 4. I use the others on the cabin walls to hold purses and caps.

Yes, I ordered the same magnets and love them.  They are great for cruising, but I have to put two in my husband's checked bag and two in mine due to their weigh! Lol

19 minutes ago, HappyCamper49 said:

Yes, I ordered the same magnets and love them.  They are great for cruising, but I have to put two in my husband's checked bag and two in mine due to their weigh! Lol

I put them in my carry on or purse. 

Edited by Luvcrusn

On 7/5/2022 at 9:18 AM, 12cruise2 said:

The other thing you can do is get a few wire coat hangers from the cabin steward, hang the wet clothes on them and then hang the hangers over the shower door bar, or shower curtain bar.  Of course, bring some sturdy clothes pins along with you for the socks and bend the hangers for undies.  I've done this for years and it works perfectly.

On 7/5/2022 at 11:31 AM, Turtles06 said:

We always bring a travel clothesline; we like the braided kind with velcro loops at the ends, as it gives us many options for where to attach it and also doesn't require clothespins.  

Here's one example, there are others:

https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/p/travel-clothesline

We were in a Sky Suite on Edge and there is no bar in the bath to hook anything to or hang anything over. I've looked at videos of non-suite staterooms and they don't seem to have shower door bars either.  (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

There was also nowhere to connect a line with velcro loops. (At least nowhere that wouldn't kill you if you had to get up in the middle of the night.)

I had these clips. Ended up clipping unmentionables to them, then stringing them together in a way they were never designed to do (DH is an engineer) and hanging them around both door handles into the bath. Not ideal, but served the need.

https://www.amazon.com/yueton-Clothes-Clothesline-Windproof-Multicolor/dp/B014QMPIR2

We were able to hang magnets on the stateroom walls, so they must be metal.

One could hang wet things over the bar in the closet, but that is certainly less than optimum.

Never had this problem on S or M class ships - a major fail in the E class IMHO.

2 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

We were in a Sky Suite on Edge and there is no bar in the bath to hook anything to or hang anything over. I've looked at videos of non-suite staterooms and they don't seem to have shower door bars either.  (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

There was also nowhere to connect a line with velcro loops. (At least nowhere that wouldn't kill you if you had to get up in the middle of the night.)

I had these clips. Ended up clipping unmentionables to them, then stringing them together in a way they were never designed to do (DH is an engineer) and hanging them around both door handles into the bath. Not ideal, but served the need.

https://www.amazon.com/yueton-Clothes-Clothesline-Windproof-Multicolor/dp/B014QMPIR2

We were able to hang magnets on the stateroom walls, so they must be metal.

One could hang wet things over the bar in the closet, but that is certainly less than optimum.

Never had this problem on S or M class ships - a major fail in the E class IMHO.

The magnet hooks have worked on the shower walls with the twine tied onto the hooks.

On 7/6/2022 at 9:07 AM, Luvcrusn said:

Yes at least they did before revolution. 

We are in just an ocean-view cabin on the Infinity right now.  Clothes line still high and across the length of the shower.  Really useful!  Again, I have metal coat hangers to use to help things keep their shape as they dry, undies over bent corners, socks on a hanger with clothes pins.  Works just fine.  However, this is only our first cruise on millennium-class ships on Celebrity and second cruise on Celeb., so I don't know the ins and outs of Celeb. ships.  The carpet is new in the Ocean View--some man was complaining because, as we know, brand-new wool carpet sheds on top as it is walked on, looks terrible, and needs to be vacuumed often.  He thought it was old and hadn't been replaced.  They just don't have the staff to keep all this up.  I saw one staff member vacuuming on 9 today and told her the story--she thanked me repeatedly for telling the passenger that, over and over.  They are doing the best they can.  So, Samsung, non-interactive TVs, no movies one can choose in the room, no TV guide, just quite a few channels.  Lunch in Ocean View today--totally cold, uncooked fish (cod) and chips, chili had unidentifiable chunks of something in it and was inedible, all hot food was cold; it's put out 15-20 minutes ahead of time and they didn't have steam tables on.  Others complained, and I contacted one of the head chefs who went to check on the problem.  Most is self-serve. 

For us, completely unacceptable placement of smoking areas--midship on 10 by the pool in the middle of where everyone, non-smoking, is sitting.  Then midship on 5 starboard as well--smoke wafts straight up.  Comfy seats for smokers with big cushions, etc.  More pillowed outdoor seating needed for everyone else.  Seats and loungers hard as rocks and very uncomfortable outdoors.

Still (I assume) use the four, identical, navy bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and shower gel.  One cannot read what's in them even in good light--for sure they cannot be read in shower with no light and no glasses.  One lady at dinner said, oh I didn't even know we had lotion, I just put them all in the shower!  We laughed, she probably had shampooed her hair with lotion, who knows.

We believe Ocean view cabin is nice, tho HATE the hangers that stay hung onto the bar, where you take off just the bottom portion of the hanger then have to fiddle with hanging that part back on the top, metal part when you have a clothing item on it.  GREAT air conditioning--VERY controllable and more air than one needs.  Upstairs cabins are warmer I believe--we're near the front desk and I've overheard a couple of complaints!

I don't know what else you all are used to--this is only our second Celebrity cruise but will probably be our last; we're on next week, too.

We are asked Not to lay clothes out on the Veranda/Balcony or the chairs out there. So best to use the lines you bring in the BRs. There are 2 hooks to hang items in the shower but not a full line. 

Remember walking off the ship in Bahamas and the Capt was on the dock checking his lines with a few other officers. He looked up at the stern and there were clothes hanging on the chairs. He turned to his assistant and told him to find out the SR and to Get Them Removed from the balcony.

Not a happy man. Fun to watch. 

Den

Edited by Denny01