Any winners!

skings

What address are people getting emailed from for this? 

On the VV subreddit, someone said they won but received an email from reply@vvjlogiveaway.com. According to a poster there, that domain is only 4 days old and registered through some weird domain registry I wouldn't expect a multinational business to use. Be safe...

• Like 2

Scaught is correct. I would not send any personal data to that address. As they pointed out the domain name was registered a few days ago and the admin is registered in Reykjavik. I would call VV to be sure. I hope we’re wrong on this being a phishing scam.

• Like 2

I did.  We are very excited . We are sailing on the Valiant Lady on October 30th.  Any info on this ship and Virgin sailings would help me. It is my first sailing on the Virgin Cruise lines.  Any suggestions for hotels in Miami close to the Port?  Thank you everybody .

5 hours ago, bruinsdevils said:

Thanks! They're asking for my DOB and SSN so I'm a little skeptical but when I called they said that I won. Has anyone gone through the process yet?

I was a winner in the Shipload of Love contest, and I had to fill out an entire form complete with birthdate, ss#, ect... They collect this information so they can send you a tax form for your "free prize". I got a 1099 tax form for $2,400 even though the cabin I booked was about $2,100...

9 hours ago, bruinsdevils said:

Thanks! They're asking for my DOB and SSN so I'm a little skeptical but when I called they said that I won. Has anyone gone through the process yet?

Yeah, it's normal for that sort of info to be required for tax purposes.

I had to fill out all sorts of forms for The Price Is Right many years ago.

21 hours ago, bruinsdevils said:

Who did you call?  I also received the email!

1 hour ago, cvvrn said:

Who did you call?  I also received the email!

I called the Virgin official phone number. I'd recommend calling them to verify as well to make sure. I had to wait 3 hours for a call back though so not ideal there.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2022 at 6:59 PM, Bren1970 said:

I did.  We are very excited . We are sailing on the Valiant Lady on October 30th.  Any info on this ship and Virgin sailings would help me. It is my first sailing on the Virgin Cruise lines.  Any suggestions for hotels in Miami close to the Port?  Thank you everybody .

we stayed here for our last cruise: https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/miaac-ac-hotel-miami-beach/overview/. It was...fine? There was a pool area but I didn't see a lot of shade or umbrellas up there so we didn't use the space. The bar was very much a hotel bar - kinda lackluster. 

After leaving the hotel, we had a few minutes so we stopped here for a drink. They have a nice little bar/taqueria near the lobby. It looks stylish, prices seem reasonable: https://staygenerator.com/hostels/miami?lang=en-GB

4 hours ago, scaught said:

we stayed here for our last cruise: https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/miaac-ac-hotel-miami-beach/overview/. It was...fine? There was a pool area but I didn't see a lot of shade or umbrellas up there so we didn't use the space. The bar was very much a hotel bar - kinda lackluster. 

After leaving the hotel, we had a few minutes so we stopped here for a drink. They have a nice little bar/taqueria near the lobby. It looks stylish, prices seem reasonable: https://staygenerator.com/hostels/miami?lang=en-GB

Thank you

• Like 1

8 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

Wow, congrats! When did u find out?

we found out middle of last week but the terms stated we could not state we won anything until they had validated all applicants. standard really. Now we have been told, everyone else will have as well. 

• Like 3

On 7/30/2022 at 6:59 PM, Bren1970 said:

We stayed at the Kimpton Surfcomber for a night before our Scarlet Lady cruise. Really nice quaint hotel right on the beach and a short walk to a bunch of a great restaurants. About a 15-20 minute drive to the port due to the traffic, but it's super easy to get there. https://www.surfcomber.com/

• 5 weeks later...

My wife entered this contest. Got a email yesterday she won. Called vv today got a lady and she also verified we won. Says we will be get a access code to enter in, in a few days. I understand the whole SSN and birthday thing.

they have to report anything over $600 to IRS so you pay taxes on it. 

Just seems crazy to take this long a week into September when most of you were writing in late July. Does anyone have any new info on this? Does this seem like the same protocol all winners have gotten? Do they ask for credit card numbers? 
is this legit??

Edited by cheeseheads4ever

On 7/30/2022 at 4:02 PM, scaught said:

What address are people getting emailed from for this? 

On the VV subreddit, someone said they won but received an email from reply@vvjlogiveaway.com. According to a poster there, that domain is only 4 days old and registered through some weird domain registry I wouldn't expect a multinational business to use. Be safe...

FYI this is a legit email address as I spoke to VV today and verified.  They also just sent out some additional emails to notify potential winners a few days ago.  Why so late IDK but this is what I was told.  

So congrats to the existing winners and also to those that were just informed.  

20 hours ago, eroller said:

FYI this is a legit email address as I spoke to VV today and verified.  They also just sent out some additional emails to notify potential winners a few days ago.  Why so late IDK but this is what I was told.  

We just received this notification on Wednesday as well!  I was very skeptical because winners were announced over a month ago, but it all certainly looked legit. With the 96 hour deadline looming, we confirmed our info & I kept my fingers crossed. Good to hear it is legit! Very excited!!! Now... which cruise to take... hmmm...  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Meesh said:

We just received this notification on Wednesday as well!  I was very skeptical because winners were announced over a month ago, but it all certainly looked legit. With the 96 hour deadline looming, we confirmed our info & I kept my fingers crossed. Good to hear it is legit! Very excited!!! Now... which cruise to take... hmmm...  

Congrats!   I filled out the DocuSign form but I haven’t heard back yet.  Have you?  

20 hours ago, eroller said:

Congrats!   I filled out the DocuSign form but I haven’t heard back yet.  Have you?  

I filled it out Saturday morning and haven't heard anything back yet. I really didn't expect to hear on the weekend.  Hoping we hear something today!  Would SO love to get to Barcelona for one of the October Med cruises, but doubting we'll be able to pull that off... Working sucks! 

On 9/12/2022 at 5:22 AM, Meesh said:

I filled it out Saturday morning and haven't heard anything back yet. I really didn't expect to hear on the weekend.  Hoping we hear something today!  Would SO love to get to Barcelona for one of the October Med cruises, but doubting we'll be able to pull that off... Working sucks! 

Thanks for responding.  I haven’t heard back either.  Hopefully this week.  Best of luck with the Med cruise! 

Hi! I’m so excited—was notified as a winner about a week and a half ago. My email did say I couldn’t discuss or talk about it until the paperwork was done and I was confirmed as a winner, so that’s probably why people aren’t talking about it much. 

I called the main VV number to confirm and it was real so I filled out the docusign. For those of you waiting, I sent my contract on Weds and didn’t receive the confirmation until a full week later, which was last Weds. So don’t be worried if it takes a little bit—I think they’re a little behind.

I used the code yesterday to book a cruise out of Miami for Nov 13-19. We are so excited!  I figured I’d share my experience in case anyone else is in the process and anxious about it. I know waiting a whole week for an email back had me pretty stressed.

Congrats to the other winners!  Anyone going on Valiant Lady Nov 13-19with us? :) 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 4:23 PM, theJilly said:

Hi! I’m so excited—was notified as a winner about a week and a half ago. My email did say I couldn’t discuss or talk about it until the paperwork was done and I was confirmed as a winner, so that’s probably why people aren’t talking about it much. 

I called the main VV number to confirm and it was real so I filled out the docusign. For those of you waiting, I sent my contract on Weds and didn’t receive the confirmation until a full week later, which was last Weds. So don’t be worried if it takes a little bit—I think they’re a little behind.

I used the code yesterday to book a cruise out of Miami for Nov 13-19. We are so excited!  I figured I’d share my experience in case anyone else is in the process and anxious about it. I know waiting a whole week for an email back had me pretty stressed.

Congrats to the other winners!  Anyone going on Valiant Lady Nov 13-19with us? 🙂 

Congrats!!  I received my access code as well to book, but haven't decided on a date you.  This week for sure!  Glad it all worked out.