Oasis of the Seas semi live review

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

tennislvr8 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

We are finally, Covid caused a few reschedules, taking our Oasis cruise. We are traveling with a total of 8 people. Me, DH, DH best friend and his family: wife, teenage kids (a son and a daughter), and his parents. His mom is celebrating her 75 birthday. This is my husbands best friends family first cruise. The rest of us have cruises before. 
We are in a crown loft suite, my Royal up for a star loft suit is still pending….they are 3 Central Park rooms. The concierge emailed, I asked them to make dinner reservation for all 8 of us to celebrate her birthday. They did with question and then said they could make entertainment reservations for all 8 as well. That was suite!!!! (See what I did there). 
As I shared in a previous post, we used an online company for our Covid test. Everyone else used CVS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looking forward to it. If you have any MDR menus can you post them. Trying to decide what nights we MDR and what nights we do something else. Was planning on UDP but they must have sold out because its not a option anymore.   Enjoy the suite life!!!!  

Hope you Central park peeps enjoy them cause that is what I put my kids in, I say kids but they are 21,20,18 

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

For the most accurate info, look at the current sailing, not yours.

That is great advice I know they don't vary much.  Everything I have found online is to old.  No one is going to go hungry ever on a cruise. In the past we have done UDP or the set nights 3/5 cant remember. We don't think much about what the MDR is serving. None of those can be booked ahead of time so we wait till we board and get it all set up.  I figured I might as well pre pay and pre book 2 specialty nights based on what we don't mind missing in the MDR.  If by chance they put the UDP up for sale again I can always cancel those reservations. 

We arrived at the port at 10 and the garage was closed to anyone who didn’t have an handicap sticker. We parked in a lot which was the same distance from the garage, no elevator wait. Small wait at security check in and on the ship in less than 20 min. The windjammer had a long line but it went fast, about a 5-7 min wait. 

• Like 1

We arrived at the port at 10 and the garage was closed to anyone who didn’t have an handicap sticker. We parked in a lot which was the same distance from the garage, no elevator wait. Small wait at security check in and on the ship in less than 20 min. The windjammer had a long line but it went fast, about a 5-7 min wait. 

We will be on the Oasis in 4 weeks. I am trying to figure out what to take. I have UDP and I have read that guys can wear nice shorts in the speciality restaurants. Can anyone confirm that this is still the case. I am looking to start an argument just trying to figure what to take for dining.

Thanks.

I think you mean... NOT looking to start an argument....   I just emailed someone who got off Oasis and they wore short at everything from El Loco to 150 Central Park.  Not sure about something like the Chefs Table (outside of the UDP) but everywhere else the only thing he said someone mentioned was he had really crappy flip flops (supposedly not to be open toed).  

If your on the 8/5 sailing, glad to meet you as my family will be on that too!

1 hour ago, timfan27 said:

We will be on the Oasis in 4 weeks. I am trying to figure out what to take. I have UDP and I have read that guys can wear nice shorts in the speciality restaurants. Can anyone confirm that this is still the case. I am looking to start an argument just trying to figure what to take for dining.

Thanks.

The cruise line has pretty much relaxed their requirements and actually use the wording recommended. We are in a suite and they have said the dress code is smart casual at a bare minimum. Today is the first formal night and as you can imagine I have seen everything from tuxedos to not nice shorts. I don’t like to get super fancy so I don’t, I also plan on eating at the windjammer tonight. The next formal night I will be wearing something I could wear to work with fancy shoes and going to coastal kitchen.  
wear what you want and be respectful, there will always be those on the extremes. 

On 7/8/2022 at 3:23 PM, tennislvr8 said:

Got our cups for the drink package. They gave us the old cups. We asked for the new ones and they said they are only for the private islands. I did see one person with one though. 

When you say the “old” cups, do you mean the double walled ones?

4 hours ago, Carlo16 said:

What is the show schedule like? I’m on oasis next Friday and when I look on the app for this week I don’t see any shows listed except for Generation Idol. 

There are lots of shows. Are you looking for something specific?