Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Was supposed to be disembark after midday, and boarding from 6pm. That was the plan until the past hour, when Coral turned out to sea.

Oh dear.  Not a nice time for passengers on board nor passengers waiting to board.  Brisbane weather forecast is 13" to 18" with rain, wind gusts and hazardous waves.

• Like 1

The unavoidable delay will cost Princess a considerable amount. They will have to pay one night's accommodation for passengers who don't live in Brisbane and give them a pro rata credit for the day of their cruise that they miss. Add to that, they will probably have to skip one port so they lose the profit on shore tours in that port. Passengers on board who have to fly home will need their flights re-scheduled, with Princess paying for any costs involved.

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Oh dear.  Not a nice time for passengers on board nor passengers waiting to board.  Brisbane weather forecast is 13c to 18c with rain, wind gusts and hazardous waves.

Oops I was listening to the rain squalls when I typed " above.

10 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Oh dear.  Not a nice time for passengers on board nor passengers waiting to board.  Brisbane weather forecast is 13" to 18" with rain, wind gusts and hazardous waves.

I suspect our friends aboard will enjoy an extra free day of cruising,  unfortunately at the expense of those meant to embark.

The ship can easily handle the 5 metre seas - Force 6 winds. The issue is the Port of Brisvegas has closed.  Yes extra cruise day for those on board and no problems getting a deck chair on ye olde promenade deck lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

The ship can easily handle the 5 metre seas - Force 6 winds. The issue is the Port of Brisvegas has closed.  Yes extra cruise day for those on board and no problems getting a deck chair on ye olde promenade deck lol.

I wonder if they get their suitcases back?

Just now, martin jenkins said:

unfortunately this will turn into a 5 1/2 day cruise, i'd say they'll miss airlie beach and go straight to cairns,

Yes and probably just $100 pp obc, buy a few vinos, such is life on the high seas.

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The promenade deck is probably closed.

I'm hoping I will be compensated for having to stay in my Brisbane hotel for another night as well as losing a day of my cruise! I'm doing BtoB with the following cruise so I shouldn’t be having any boarding problems on the next one!! Just hoping that the port will open tomorrow as Princess won’t be able to give any further details until then!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, queenslander said:

I'm hoping I will be compensated for having to stay in my Brisbane hotel for another night as well as losing a day of my cruise! I'm doing BtoB with the following cruise so I shouldn’t be having any boarding problems on the next one!! Just hoping that the port will open tomorrow as Princess won’t be able to give any further details until then!

I am confident you will be recompensed for the extra night in the hotel. BTW, I hoped you have booked the night before people arriving by plane phone and book your room. You will also get a pro rata credit for the missed day of your cruise.

Thanks Aus Traveller! I did book my room for an extra night as soon as I heard that the port was closed and also cancelled my cab to the port! At least I will be comfortable in my hotel and out of the bad weather!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The unavoidable delay will cost Princess a considerable amount. They will have to pay one night's accommodation for passengers who don't live in Brisbane and give them a pro rata credit for the day of their cruise that they miss. Add to that, they will probably have to skip one port so they lose the profit on shore tours in that port. Passengers on board who have to fly home will need their flights re-scheduled, with Princess paying for any costs involved.

Why should Princess have to pay for passengers' accommodation &/or flight changes if the ship is delayed due to weather ie. no fault of their own?

Isn't this one reason why we take out travel insurance?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, fifa said:

Why should Princess have to pay for passengers' accommodation &/or flight changes if the ship is delayed due to weather ie. no fault of their own?

Maybe Princess won't cover the costs. I thought in the past they did. However, you could be right.

18 minutes ago, fifa said:

They don't have to, but they usually do. 

There are various reasons, so if a ship was late due to engine problems, passengers would be suitably compensated. I can't recall the last time a ship was a day late due to weather though. 

11 minutes ago, arxcards said:

They don't have to, but they usually do. 

There are various reasons, so if a ship was late due to engine problems, passengers would be suitably compensated. I can't recall the last time a ship was a day late due to weather though. 

I also can't remember the last time a ship was a day late due to bad weather. In 2012 the Pacific Pearl  got into Sydney at 3.30pm instead of early morning. We had a very early afternoon flight to Brisbane booked with QANTAS. They simply put people on the next available flight at no extra cost.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I also can't remember the last time a ship was a day late due to bad weather. In 2012 the Pacific Pearl  got into Sydney at 3.30pm instead of early morning. We had a very early afternoon flight to Brisbane booked with QANTAS. They simply put people on the next available flight at no extra cost.

Our most delayed cruise was also out of Brisbane, which I think was Brisbane's 1st ever Princess full embarkation.  Dawn Princess was in Cairncross dry dock, and running an hour late - but they missed the high tide and had to wait 11 hours to float out and over to Portside. We arrived around 6hrs late into Sydney,  but trains run every hour so no compo for us. While having breakfast, we finally got a signal so Barb could call in sick for work, not being able to make it in time.

Well, I've always stood up for Princess and their protocols and offers to passengers re covid but now I have nothing but comtempt for them.

At 10.20am this morning, while we were on a flight from NZ to Brisbane, they sent an email saying the cruise was delayed until tomorrow. We couldn't access our emails so didn't find out until we arrived at the cruise terminal.

Now the rub - we, in a foreign city, were told to book and pay for our own hotel accommodation and our own transport back to the terminal tomorrow and make a claim through our travel insurance! The staff kindly booked the A1 Ibis Budget at the airport for us since that and the Novotel (which they couldn't get through to) were the closest.  No restaurant or food outlets on site and nothing within walking distance.

Princess' booking terms states - 

Changes outside Our control

If it is necessary to change the itinerary due to safety, maritime law, severe weather, to protect human life or health or other factors outside Our control, We will attempt to offer a revised itinerary as close as possible to the original itinerary. We will not provide any compensation in connection with the revised itinerary unless Consumer Laws require otherwise.

I'm totally disgusted at their treatment of their booked passengers who in good faith travelled to and arrived at the terminal as scheduled. If we were late for the Princess cruise they would have said "sorry you missed the ship". Their ship is late and they say "sorry, you're on your own". 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

3 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Well, I've always stood up for Princess and their protocols and offers to passengers re covid but now I have nothing but comtempt for them.

At 10.20am this morning, while we were on a flight from NZ to Brisbane, they sent an email saying the cruise was delayed until tomorrow. We couldn't access our emails so didn't find out until we arrived at the cruise terminal.

Now the rub - we, in a foreign city, were told to book and pay for our own hotel accommodation and our own transport back to the terminal tomorrow and make a claim through our travel insurance! The staff kindly booked the A1 Ibis Budget at the airport for us since that and the Novotel (which they couldn't get through to) were the closest.  No restaurant or food outlets on site and nothing within walking distance.

If it is necessary to change the itinerary due to safety, maritime law, severe weather, to protect human life or health or other factors outside Our control, We will attempt to offer a revised itinerary as close as possible to the original itinerary. We will not provide any compensation in connection with the revised itinerary unless Consumer Laws require otherwise.

I'm totally disgusted at their treatment of their booked passengers who in good faith travelled to and arrived at the terminal as scheduled. If we were late for the Princess cruise they would have said "sorry you missed the ship". Their ship is late and they say "sorry, you're on your own". 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

I am so sorry this has happened to you. To be booked into accommodation where aren't any food outlets nearby makes it even more awkward for you.

Maybe it would be worth applying for a credit (even a future cruise credit) for the cost of your overnight accommodation. The worst thing that could happen is a refusal. All the best. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am so sorry this has happened to you. To be booked into accommodation where aren't any food outlets nearby makes it even more awkward for you.

Maybe it would be worth applying for a credit (even a future cruise credit) for the cost of your overnight accommodation. The worst thing that could happen is a refusal. All the best. 🙂

Thanks for your kind words. There won't be a next time with Princess, this has soured the relationship beyond redemption 🙁

58 minutes ago, Jean C said:

That’s so sad for you Jean. Hope it all comes good for  you 🙏🏻💕

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I remember, in my foggy brain, Carnival Spirit was  delayed for a considerable time from entering Sydney Harbour due to bad weather. I am sure it was less years ago than 2012. Cheers, Buzz.