Looking for Log of the Cruise for NB and SB Voyage of the Glaciers (with Glacier Bay)

Alaska0799

If anyone has the Logs for this season's NB and SB Voyage of the Glacier itineraries, we'd love to have a copy!  Advising aunt and uncle of things to watch for (with approximate times) along their 14-day route (July 23 departure of the Royal).  We know everything is subject to change but the Logs are a good place to start!

Thanks and Happy Cruising!

Princess stopped doing logs.  Pre-Covid, you had to request one.  Post Covid, I did not receive any during my 4 voyages. 

Some of Princess' attempt at saving the environment is not for the better.

1.  No more stationary for suites

2.  No more comment cards

3.  No more cruise logs

23 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Princess stopped doing logs.  Pre-Covid, you had to request one.  Post Covid, I did not receive any during my 4 voyages. 

Some of Princess' attempt at saving the environment is not for the better.

1.  No more stationary for suites

2.  No more comment cards

3.  No more cruise logs

Thank you for the update. Always found the Logs helpful on our next Alaska cruise and have kept them every year. Will miss them! 2019 was our last. 

• Like 2

There haven't been any logs of the cruise created since the restart.  We were on the third cruise of the Majestic Princess last August and checked in with Passenger Service when we didn't get one the final morning.  They confirmed that Princess would no longer be providing them.  I have mentioned it on every post cruise survey since to no avail.  I have them saved from every cruise prior to Covid and they are fun to look back on.

13 hours ago, Alaska0799 said:

Thank you for the update. Always found the Logs helpful on our next Alaska cruise and have kept them every year. Will miss them! 2019 was our last. 

are you referring to the daily Princess Patter? - or the Captain's Log at the end of the cruise - some say suitable for framing..

12 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

There haven't been any logs of the cruise created since the restart.  We were on the third cruise of the Majestic Princess last August and checked in with Passenger Service when we didn't get one the final morning.  They confirmed that Princess would no longer be providing them.  I have mentioned it on every post cruise survey since to no avail.  I have them saved from every cruise prior to Covid and they are fun to look back on.

It would be nice if they provided a digital one that we can print at home. I also enjoyed these.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Coral said:

It would be nice if they provided a digital one that we can print at home. I also enjoyed these.

Yes, I had mentioned on surveys that it would be nice to have a digital version in the email that has the final folio or post cruise survey link.  But then both of those have been hit or miss since the restart.

• Like 1

I know on Grand Princess they were selling books/maps in the gift shop with that type of information.  The captain’s daily report referenced this frequently.

6 hours ago, Senga said:

I know on Grand Princess they were selling books/maps in the gift shop with that type of information.  The captain’s daily report referenced this frequently.

No book or map in the gift shopcould have what the end of cruise "Log" had. It was a day by day summary of how far the ship went, what times it arrived and departed ports and other information about what actually happened on that cruise.

22 hours ago, caribill said:

No book or map in the gift shopcould have what the end of cruise "Log" had. It was a day by day summary of how far the ship went, what times it arrived and departed ports and other information about what actually happened on that cruise.

Sorry.

There is actually 1 log of the cruise you can get………… They auction it off at the end of the cruise in the Art Auction!  Ugh.  We asked about this same thing, we went with a couple who had their first Princess and Alaska cruise and thought it would be nice for them to take with them, but sadly the only way to get one now is to bid for it……..

1 hour ago, Steelers0854 said:

There is actually 1 log of the cruise you can get………… They auction it off at the end of the cruise in the Art Auction!  Ugh.  We asked about this same thing, we went with a couple who had their first Princess and Alaska cruise and thought it would be nice for them to take with them, but sadly the only way to get one now is to bid for it……..

If you're talking about the map that they auctioned off, have you taken a cruise since the restart where they do this?  Haven't seen it on the three I've been on, and someone asked on our cruise in May and was told that they aren't doing this any longer.

I am downsizing and threw out all of the Patters I've collected over the years.  The only thing that made the cut was the Logs (which eventually will be tossed too/sigh).  But how difficult is it for Princess to print (in their own print shop) a log for anyone requesting a copy?  

Sometimes Princess can be so penny foolish.