Deluxe Drink Package?

On 7/14/2022 at 5:37 PM, aubreyc1988 said:

I was just at Baha Mar in Nassau. Cheapest drink I found was at one of the food trucks on property, 16.00 for a mojito + 15% gratuity + 10% VAT.  Most drinks were around 20-30.00 each

Wow!  That's insane

On 7/11/2022 at 11:01 AM, huntr104 said:

We just booked Freedom OTS in October of this year and I checked the Deluxe Drink Package price and it is on sale for  $83.99 PP per day.  We haven't cruised in  quite some time but is this a deal??  We always get this drink package and it's worked out for us in the past.  We are sailing without the kids on this 4 night cruise but unless the mixed drink/frozen drinks have gone way up I don't think this will work for us.  Anyone have any opinions?  Thanks.

On Mariner right now, and the onboard price is $105/pp/per day.

41 minutes ago, huntr104 said:

Wow!  That's insane

Imagine the cost of food haha!  The most insane thing I paid for there was 12.00 for a bottle of water. Went to a "Casual" place to eat, they asked if I wanted a bottled water and I said sure, thinking at most it would be 5-6.00...but nope, 12.00 PLUS Tax and VAT lol - made the alcoholic drinks seem like a deal

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Wow!  I ended up passing on the $83.99 price and 3 days later another "Sale" started and it was down to $77.99 so I bought it.  I think regular price was also $105.  The good thing is that you can cancel and re-buy it if the price drops without penalty.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Is that including the gratuities (18%)? If not that is like $1,734.60 per couple on a 7 night....I would pass at that price.

1 minute ago, huntr104 said:

Wow!  I ended up passing on the $83.99 price and 3 days later another "Sale" started and it was down to $77.99 so I bought it.  I think regular price was also $105.  The good thing is that you can cancel and re-buy it if the price drops without penalty.

price for Liberty 9/4 is 66.99 so I bought it. If it was 78 I don't think I would have jumped on it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

price for Liberty 9/4 is 66.99 so I bought it. If it was 78 I don't think I would have jumped on it. 

I just paid $66.99 for Anthem 11/13...any more than that I would probably pass.

28 minutes ago, mpdahmer said:

I just paid $66.99 for Anthem 11/13...any more than that I would probably pass.

I also justified the 79.00 (with gratuity price) per day because it's a 3 port western Caribbean, I will be doing shorter excursions for the most part and will most likely be staying on the ship in Cozumel. I have no doubt I will get my monies worth at 79.00 a day, but my husband it will be a bit harder for him. And really, with the 79.00pp pd pricing, the included coffee, water, redbull, milkshakes is really what pushed me to do it. I have memories of Royal Caribbean coffee being terrible and I drink at least 2 cups of coffee +1 espresso based drink per day at home

Edited by aubreyc1988

Prices for our Voyager cruise have been anywhere form $65 - $78.  I think I once saw $62 right after we booked, but I could be wrong about that.  I wasn't going to buy it, but decided to when it went down to $65 over Memorial Day.  I check every day and it's bounced back up to $70 and $75 some days, but it's been $65 for many days now.  This is a 7-night CAN/NE with 4 ports, so it may be that people are not buying it as they plan to spend a lot of time ashore, plus it could be cold, so less time on the pool deck = less drinks for many people.  

53 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I also justified the 79.00 (with gratuity price) per day because it's a 3 port western Caribbean, I will be doing shorter excursions for the most part and will most likely be staying on the ship in Cozumel. I have no doubt I will get my monies worth at 79.00 a day, but my husband it will be a bit harder for him. And really, with the 79.00pp pd pricing, the included coffee, water, redbull, milkshakes is really what pushed me to do it. I have memories of Royal Caribbean coffee being terrible and I drink at least 2 cups of coffee +1 espresso based drink per day at home

I couldn't agree more even though our sailing is a 7 night we have 3 sea days, a day at Coco Cay and short days in Nassau and Port Canaveral. This was a huge factor in what we were willing to pay along with the coffee which we will both have at least a couple a day.

Everyone keeps mentioning the fresh squeezed OJ in the MDR for breakfast but I prefer mine with Champagne...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mpdahmer said:

Is that including the gratuities (18%)? If not that is like $1,734.60 per couple on a 7 night....I would pass at that price.

I believe that is included, but on this cruise (8 night) that works out to $1,680 for two. That is more than what some passengers paid for the cruise itself.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 12:43 PM, poocher said:

This happened when drinks went from $12 to $13 a few years ago.  The package verbiage continued to reference $12 limits but in fact it covered the new $13 prices.

Yep, you could actually watch the change in real time.   Widespread $13 drinks were first introduced on the Oasis class, with the rest of the fleet staying at $12 for a while longer.   The DBP we bought at that time literally said it covered drinks on Oasis class ships up to $13 each, but only $12 on ships of any other class.

Edited by geko29

39 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Have no idea. We never buy the package so the first time we saw the price was on a tent card at the plaza bar.

Navigator did, and I would bet my wowband that Mariner did, too.  That makes the actual price $78.75.  Considerably less "scary" than $105

9 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

Do they still have the bucket (or bag) of beers special onboard?

Boy I remember watching parents buy those buckets and hand them off to their underage kids.  You can’t fix stupid!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going on Brilliance in December, but I haven't cruised on Royal in awhile.  If I don't buy the drink package, and I buy a drink, is the tip automatically included, or do I add the tip when I sign for the drink?

Also, if I buy the drink package, do I still have to sign for the drink?

I've been cruising on Princess lately, and with the medallion, you don't have to sign anything. 

2 hours ago, linaka625 said:

I'm going on Brilliance in December, but I haven't cruised on Royal in awhile.  If I don't buy the drink package, and I buy a drink, is the tip automatically included, or do I add the tip when I sign for the drink?

Also, if I buy the drink package, do I still have to sign for the drink?

I've been cruising on Princess lately, and with the medallion, you don't have to sign anything. 

Yes, the 18% gratuity is automatically added on the charge slip.  It will be listed as "service charge" and added into the grand total.  Below that will be a line for "additional tip" and "total' where you can add to that if you want.  

On 7/11/2022 at 10:43 AM, gavvy said:

This is the current price for WOS next april, its in pounds but that works out at just over $90 a day, and that is supposed to be discounted.

Mad!

bev.png

Wow, I got $72 for this Thanksgiving and it was down to $68 at one point and is now $78.