ArriveCAN app: Seattle-Seattle w/Victoria - Question?

llarsen

Hi,

We are cruising from Seattle to Seattle with a port stop in Victoria.

In the ArriveCAN app, (since we are arriving by Marine), which Port of Entry do I select? Victoria Opertations or Ogden Point Pier A & B

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, markmo said:

I put Victoria operations  and cant edit it , Will I be ok??

Well, I expect you probably will be but you may want to save yourself the anxiety and follow the instruction from the Arrive CAN website:

If your travel details change before you enter Canada

If you need to edit your information and have an ArriveCAN receipt, you need to start over and create a new submission. ArriveCAN will clear your previous information.

21 minutes ago, ccqueenanne said:

I put Victoria Operations, never thought of it again, and am now back from our cruise with no issues. Just one data point.

Thanks! I put Victoria for my July 15 cruise.

4 hours ago, SightCRR said:

You do know that you owe us all at least a mini review when you get home from your trip, right? 

Oh yes! I am still waiting to see if the Crown makes the original itinerary (They haven't changed it on our August sailing....Yet) or if they will tell us at last minute.

1 hour ago, llarsen said:

..Yet) or if they will tell us at last minute.

If I were you I would at least look at the schedule that was done in June/July and be a little ready to make some change of plans. At the very minimum look at ISP and shortened Juneau. You should be able to find some jun/jul 22 Crown reviews. I will see if I can find some. 

sightcrr. 

I am a bit confused about the AriveCan that some posts indicate need to be filled out if sailing Seattle/Seattle.  We are not planning to get off the ship in Victoria so do we need to fill out these forms? Just want to be prepared if we are required to download that app even though we aren't getting off in Canada.

6 minutes ago, cruizluver said:

I am a bit confused about the AriveCan

It is required by Canada and likely will be required by cruise line for you to board even if you don't get off the ship in Canada. The timing is based on when you depart in Seattle.

I suspect that many people who don't bother with it prior to boarding will be looking for smart phone /wifi on the pier while others who have it completed are in their cabins or having lunch.

sightcrr

Download the app and just follow the directions.  We did it a couple weeks before our cruise.  YOu can add your family on the same one.   You need to take pictures of your passport (birth cert for kids).  But very easy...it will guide you.   Just remember your password!!   

Then the day before we boarded we re opened and finished it.  It required date of entry and how arriving etc.  Then when done it gave us a QR code that we presented at the pier.  

Those that did not have it done were pulled out of line  and in clusters attempting to do it then.  

• Like 1

Does anyone know if you are allowed to get off the ship in Victoria if you are cruising with a only a Birth Certificate. It doesn't look like my sons passport is going to be returned in time to cruise with his passport, so we are going to use his birth certificate and drivers license to get on the ship in Seattle. Just wondering if he will be allowed to get off the ship in Victoria with his drivers license and ship card or birth certificate, or if he will even be allowed to get off the ship.

Thanks,

55 minutes ago, stingray310 said:

Does anyone know if you are allowed to get off the ship in Victoria if you are cruising with a only a Birth Certificate. It doesn't look like my sons passport is going to be returned in time to cruise with his passport, so we are going to use his birth certificate and drivers license to get on the ship in Seattle. Just wondering if he will be allowed to get off the ship in Victoria with his drivers license and ship card or birth certificate, or if he will even be allowed to get off the ship.

Thanks,

D.L. and original birth certificate OK.

2 hours ago, stingray310 said:

Thanks,

We traveled with kids ages 14-8.  All we had were birth cert., and they all got off the ship in Victoria.  

On 7/22/2022 at 8:45 PM, cruizluver said:

I am a bit confused about the AriveCan that some posts indicate need to be filled out if sailing Seattle/Seattle.  We are not planning to get off the ship in Victoria so do we need to fill out these forms? Just want to be prepared if we are required to download that app even though we aren't getting off in Canada.

Yes. Everyone on the ship must complete ArriveCan whether or not they will get off the ship in Victoria.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 9:48 PM, SightCRR said:

Here is a pretty good video on how to do it. From my understanding you can enter much of the groups personal data (passport, c-19 info etc) prior to the 72 hours. Just not the travel specific info. 

2022 Alaska Cruise: How to Fill Out ArriveCAN - YouTube

Disclaimer alert: I have not done this yet. 

sightcrr

Put in all our passport,vax info. Just waiting on Trip  72 hours. Is the receipt issued right away after?  

Is all the info reviewed  manually, on Canada entry?  (we might not get off in Victoria anyways) 

Similar info to Verifly.  Can we just do this one since it's required and skip Verifly?

Edited by JesseLivermore

On 7/27/2022 at 5:03 PM, JesseLivermore said:

Put in all our passport,vax info. Just waiting on Trip  72 hours. Is the receipt issued right away after?  

Is all the info reviewed  manually, on Canada entry?  (we might not get off in Victoria anyways) 

Similar info to Verifly.  Can we just do this one since it's required and skip Verifly?

Depending on the cruise line, you don't need to do Verifly.  Not required on Carnival,  The information is not shared between ArriveCan and Verifly

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2022 at 8:18 PM, Elaine5715 said:

Depending on the cruise line, you don't need to do Verifly.  Not required on Carnival,  The information is not shared between ArriveCan and Verifly

similar info. Cruise line should pick one for Canadian trips (ArriveCan since it's required)