ATMs at Schiphol

We have a 10.5 hour layover at Schiphol. We thought we would get some euros. Is there an ATM after security? We certainly don’t want to have to go through security again. I also do not want currency exchange as those rates are high,Also, if our KLM flight to Nurnberg is cancelled, are there alternative ways to get there? I am thinking train but just a quick search indicated it was 12 hours with many connections. We will have luggage so it would be difficult. 

Thanks for any suggestions.

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/airport-maps has interactive maps of the terminal that will show you where the ATMs are (under Services).

A quick look suggested that the train to Nuernberg would actually take more like 7 or 8 hours. But even that's enough to underline that what's likely to be the most practicable alternative way to get there, if your flight is cancelled, is "another flight".

Regarding the question that relates to the title of the thread, be aware that some of the airside ATMs at Schipol are operated by the currency exchange company Travelex. However, unlike Heathrow, there appear still to be ones operated by large Netherlands banks too (certainly there used to be in the baggage hall, but I have not gone through AMS recently). 

That will occupy about 2 minutes of your very long layover!

As regards your bonus question about your onward travel, have alternatives in mind, which in this case, as well as KLM’s direct flights, should include Lufthansa flights changing at Munich and, in extremis, flying to Munich and taken a train to Nuremberg. 

7 hours ago, Pearl64 said:

We have a 10.5 hour layover at Schiphol. We thought we would get some euros. Is there an ATM after security? We certainly don’t want to have to go through security again. I also do not want currency exchange as those rates are high,Also, if our KLM flight to Nurnberg is cancelled, are there alternative ways to get there? I am thinking train but just a quick search indicated it was 12 hours with many connections. We will have luggage so it would be difficult. 

Thanks for any suggestions.

Any reason to not just get a few Euros before you leave home and not have to worry about it?

We just ordered some from our local bank before we head out.

11 hours ago, Pearl64 said:

The exchange rate is not good and there is usually a fee getting them here. We have some already but husband wanted more. He can wait until we get to Nurnberg. Thank you.

Is Nürnberg your final destination? If you already have some euros, use a credit card or Apple Pay until you get to a Deustche Bank ATM in Nürnberg (or Munich if you have to divert). I haven't used actual euros in a city, other than Oktoberfest, in ages. Other than traveling with a group where we split the bill with cash. 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:05 AM, Cotswold Eagle said:

Regarding the question that relates to the title of the thread, be aware that some of the airside ATMs at Schipol are operated by the currency exchange company Travelex. However, unlike Heathrow, there appear still to be ones operated by large Netherlands banks too (certainly there used to be in the baggage hall, but I have not gone through AMS recently). 

I think all the Dutch bank ATM's after security belonged to ABN AMRO Bank and they closed their Schiphol activities in january this year. Had to Google it but it makes sense now why I was wondering why their ATM's and small branch were boared up earlier this year.. It's all Travelex after security now. :classic_sad: