Oasis: boardwalk view or park view?

On 7/13/2022 at 4:17 PM, time4u2go said:

That's what I noticed too.  Little or no (mostly no) breeze with CP balconies.

The ship has large deflectors to minimize the wind in CP. Yes, some still sneaks in, but they don’t want sea air constantly blowing on the plants. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off Oasis with an OV balcony, and I loved sitting on it each night before bed looking at the stars and the water. I thought of this thread while visiting both the Boardwalk and the Central Park areas. I loved Central Park. It was our go-to spot each evening after our early dinner to listen to the classical guitarist. It was so pretty and peaceful. If I were to try an interior balcony, it would definitely be there! I saw no appeal to the Boardwalk area. 

• Like 3

Don’t do either. On oasis class ships there are very few areas to see the ocean. Who wants to be in an apartment building at sea with no privacy?  Nothing like being in your pjs and watching the ship pull into port each morning. People say I never used the balcony so it was a waste. To me there is nothing better to have a full view of the ocean with curtains open at all times. 

• Like 3

First night in Oasis central park balcony - the pool area is above and they forgot to turn off the music - at 3am I called the front desk and they sent security to my room to check - they could hear it was loud  - they apologized and assured us it would be shut off and it was within around 15 min it was peaceful quiet. 

We did eventually change to a ocean balcony and lesson learned that the inside facing cabins are not for us-  

2 more months and I will know if I made a mistake switching from my OV balcony to the CP view. I think it's worth a try, who knows, I may switch all of my Oasis cruises to CP view! 😁

• Like 2

I did a Central Park balcony on Harmony previously and got a double sized balcony (cabin #'s that end in 229 and 629).  Back then they offered extras such as lunch in a specialty restaurant or bottle of wine.  It was nice and peaceful and relaxing, but it's correct that a balcony without a view of the water and without a breeze is different.  Simple solution is to go to the many places on the ship where you can see the ocean and get the best of both worlds. We definately prioritized going places to see the ocean such as deck 15 and the promenade walk around (aft chairs).  So the balcony was a relaxation place for us.

On 7/14/2022 at 1:17 PM, ARandomTraveler said:

I noticed when looking for price drops and perusing all the different categories last night that CP and BW view inside cabins are $150 more than an oceanview balcony (on my Thanksgiving Symphony cruise).

I was wondering if that was normal or not, I guess not. 

On 7/14/2022 at 2:19 PM, John&LaLa said:

Maybe they were connecting cabins. Big premium on those sometimes. 

Another possibility is the algorithm in the website software. Sometimes when a specific class is almost sold out, the price skyrockets and makes the prices go "Topsy-Turvey". 

7 hours ago, renza said:

Don’t do either. On oasis class ships there are very few areas to see the ocean. Who wants to be in an apartment building at sea with no privacy? 

I totally agree. We made the mistake of booking a boardwalk view balcony on our first Oasis class sailing, and the experience was so bad we stayed away from Oasis altogether since (which I stipulate is silly since we could book a real balcony next time). We had a great view of Johnny Rockets as well as people across the way drying their laundry on their overhang, walking around butt nekkid, or worse, riding the hobby horse just inside.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TLG40 said:

First night in Oasis central park balcony - the pool area is above and they forgot to turn off the music - at 3am I called the front desk and they sent security to my room to check - they could hear it was loud  - they apologized and assured us it would be shut off and it was within around 15 min it was peaceful quiet. 

We did eventually change to a ocean balcony and lesson learned that the inside facing cabins are not for us-  

Pools are above OV balconies as well😉

• Thanks 1