Current Summit Capacity?

Cruisegoer

Hi there, I'm heading out on the Summit on the July 31st sailing which is listed as "Sold Out" and I'm curious what that might mean exactly since it seems the cruise lines are not sailing at maximum capacity.

Any ideas?

Saw that yesterday.   It's not just that Cruise.     We are on a B3B and the 8/7,  8/19 and 8/31 all flipped to not available.     The day before on the 8/31 there were at least 4 SS still open and had been open for weeks.   Maybe they sold them off to a consolidator instead of having to give price matches.   They did that on a Silhouette cruise I was on -  went from 65% capacity to fully booked overnight.

This is the email yesterday from Celebrity for Summit on 7/17:

From bow to stern, we're taking
extraordinary measures to keep
you Healthy at Sea. We're sailing at reduced
capacity to provide more space for more
luxury. We're with you all the way, including
safe passage home by private air transfer,
if needed*. It's a new world, but providing
the same world-class service we're known
for is our top priority, so enjoying vacation
can be yours.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

I am guessing 80/20 ratio but that is a guess. I know before they went sold out, there were inside/outside cabins left then the next day it was gone. They could have sold the group of cabins 🤷🏻‍♀️

At this point passing the Covid test is my main focus being so close. They need to call it a stress test.

4 hours ago, tulok said:

can be yours.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

I am guessing 80/20 ratio but that is a guess. I know before they went sold out, there were inside/outside cabins left then the next day it was gone. They could have sold the group of cabins 🤷🏻‍♀️

Interesting to read.   I'm wondering if it is just another screwed up attempt at messaging. 

To my knowledge the "Safe passage Home by private air lift" policy was eliminated about a year ago when they were cleared for  isolation on the ship.  You an only imagine how expensive this was but was necessary when cruising resumed.

We all know how good they are at proofing and messaging.

Yesterday we got notification of needing a Bermuda Travel Pass for our cruise  to Iceland and Greenland.    Also our cruise planner showed us going to Bermuda hmmmm..

5 hours ago, tulok said:

can be yours.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

At this point passing the Covid test is my main focus being so close. They need to call it a stress test.

We are with you on this cruise. A stress test indeed!  
Hope there IS reduced capacity though. 

23 minutes ago, tulok said:

@Jim_IainI do agree with you. Time will tell.

@FrannyK I hope so also. Looking at the Bermuda webcam and seeing NCL Joy and it’s 5000 capacity next to the Summit, I hope both have lower numbers.

It's going to be a big crowd with 2 or 3 ships in port.  This is our first time on Celebrity, and to Bermuda for that matter, so I guess we won't notice the difference, just a new experience.  We are looking forward to a smaller ship for a change.

My TA said they released some 20 cabins on Summit for each of the next few cruises.  Interesting that none of them ever showed on the Celebrity or any other TA website.  Thus I presume - aside from adding Bermuda as a port stop on the way to and from Iceland  - that Celebrity was indeed fully booked before final payment and has X number of cabins that have cancelled with more to come.  Please report on the passenger counts especially on the cruise to Bermuda.   Guessing about 1600 will actually sail on 8/7 and a few less on the return voyage.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

@Cruisegoer   Wonder if you checked your cruise today.   

The three cruises for August suddenly all reappeared this morning and I believe you July 30  is back with at least a SS available.

I just looked at 1:30PM EST on 7/14/22 and didn't see it listed.

We sailed on the Summit departing Cape Liberty for Bermuda on 7 July 2022. Passenger count was 1759 according to the nice young lady at the Purser's office. According to this LINK, the ship's capacity is 2158.  So our sailing would be at 81% capacity, which is about how it "felt" to us. The NCL Breakaway on which we sailed in March 2022 was about 66%, it was noticeably less crowded. BOTH cruise felt empty compared to our flights to/from EWR!😉

Doug

• Thanks 1