Brilliance of the Seas has Disappeared from the Mediterranean from May to September in 2023.

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Has anyone booking been swapped over automatically to EN yet? Did you keep the same booking #? 

My planner says cancelled orange banner but I’m hoping they will just amend the booking - I have obc which I don’t want to lose! 

I called about this. My booking says cancelled, but RC said by August 18 all will be changed over to EN

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Has anyone booking been swapped over automatically to EN yet? Did you keep the same booking #? 

My planner says cancelled orange banner but I’m hoping they will just amend the booking - I have obc which I don’t want to lose! 

I'm guessing from the WOW sale?  Suite guarantees were very cheap when I booked, and came with $550 OBC that I am hoping doesn't disappear when we are moved to EN.

2 hours ago, Calbeeman said:

Bye bye Brilliance/Enchantment…hello Beyond

We did bye-bye Brilliance / Enchantment..........hello Odyssey!!!!! We were doing a B4B on Brilliance in November - December 2023 and changed to Odyssey for the same time period. We have gone through the ship exchanges before and they have been a mess to deal with (cabin changes for each leg). Now we have the same cabins for the Odyssey cruises - a big plus...........but had to downgrade from our JS's to a 4Cbecause of the BIG price differential.

21 hours ago, robbies-tackle said:

I phoned RCI this morning to discuss my options. Due to my husbands work commitments we can’t go on the earlier transatlantic’s and as air fare from Scotland is booked our ideal alternative was Rhapsody on the 29th or Enchantment (if it’s doing a TA as I wasn’t given the option for that ship).

There are no balconies left on Rhapsody so I was offered an ocean view gty. That was a big fat no as some of the OV cabins are only 126sq ft and no way was that a like for like as we had a balcony gty booked.

It took 55 minutes to get this far as the agent was unaware of the cancellation and had to read the memos. She was not offering any alternatives and it was me who had to make the suggestions. I asked her to check availability on Vision sailing from Ft Lauderdale to Baltimore as I knew there was balconies available on that sailing.

I’ve now booked a balcony gty on that cruise but it’s only 10 nights compared to 16 and I need to figure out how to get back to Scotland from Baltimore. Might need to do a wee road trip up the East coast.

So, in reflection am I happy with the alternative. Not really as I was so looking forward to a long 16 night TA and we’re already doing a cruise to the Caribbean in a few weeks.  On the plus side hubby retires next April to that’ll be the last holiday we will be restricted date wise. 

Don't know if you have the time to add it prior to going back to Scotland, but the b2b cruise on Vision is a 9 day sailing which includes Bermuda.  

On 7/28/2022 at 9:28 PM, aaalynn1 said:

Tried calling RCI to find out if the itineraries match exactly, but they are closed. Has anyone talked to RC to ask about changes of ports with Brilliance June 2023?

Hello!  I contacted RC today and confirmed that our sailings 9/2023 and 10/2023 are the same itinerary on Enchantment as it was on the Brilliance.  The agent was excellent and we are now booked on Enchantment for three weeks next year. We did change floors because the Enchantment has a different layout.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Husband and I were booked on Brilliance for three consecutive weeks in Sept/Oct of 2023. While I am disappointed Brilliance (a favorite) will not be our ship, we are staying with the Enchantment. This is a very port intensive cruise. We will visit 18 different ports during 21 days of sailing and only 3 sea days. Today, I spoke with Royal and confirmed the itinerary is the same. The agent made all the changes for us and we are in the same room for all three weeks. We did choose to move from deck 8 to deck 7. Deck 8 is below the pools and Windjammer on deck 9.  If you choose to go on Enchantment, I recommend you check out deck plans for your room assignment.  Good luck!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, little britain said:

When the changes are made you should keep the same booking number and any OBC's should go with it.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tonto524 said:

Unable to get new cabin assignments yet for our b2b Nov 6 and 13. I’d like to know sooner rather than later to figure out what we will do. 

Did you try calling or just using the website? Some people are calling and getting reassignments.  

10 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Did you try calling or just using the website? Some people are calling and getting reassignments.  

I called. I had already checked using the travel agent site and the res was still on Brilliance. 

29 minutes ago, tonto524 said:

I called. I had already checked using the travel agent site and the res was still on Brilliance. 

Yeah on Cruising Power the sailings are like Schrodinger's cat....they are still on Brilliance for existing bookings but are scheduled on Enchantment for future bookings.  I don't understand though why some passengers can get a new assignment on EN and others can't.

I too was scheduled on the Brilliance for this trip, but was on Enchantment for a Sept 17, 2023 Alaska cruise.  So they've been switched.  I can't really complain as both reservations show in their system.  So it really didn't  matter to me.  I did an interior guarantee for both so I've not lost anything really.  I've been on Brilliance before.  I did Symphony on one of it's first Med cruises and the ship was amazing.  But it's the ports I cared about ... so I'm just so happy it's not canceled as I couldn't find anything else I wanted to substitute.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Yeah on Cruising Power the sailings are like Schrodinger's cat....they are still on Brilliance for existing bookings but are scheduled on Enchantment for future bookings.  I don't understand though why some passengers can get a new assignment on EN and others can't.

Love the reference 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jenna1983 said:

All I know is they haven’t switched my Enchantment reservation to Brilliance for Alaska and show me on the 15 night Transatlantic at this point. 😂

Is that in November? That’s what mine shows and I was scheduled for September 24, 2023 to Hawaii.  I was told that they weren’t doing that just Alaska then going to Australia with no passengers. Mine now shows 10 day November 8-18 in Australia. 
while they say they aren’t doing Hawaii the website does show Brilliance going to Hawaii Sept 24-Oct 4. 

Edited by like2cruise99

6 hours ago, like2cruise99 said:

Is that in November? That’s what mine shows and I was scheduled for September 24, 2023 to Hawaii.  I was told that they weren’t doing that just Alaska then going to Australia with no passengers. Mine now shows 10 day November 8-18 in Australia. 
while they say they aren’t doing Hawaii the website does show Brilliance going to Hawaii Sept 24-Oct 4. 

Cruising Power shows them doing a Vancouver to Hawaii followed by a Transpacific to Sydney.

24 minutes ago, little britain said:

Is Enchantment due a dry dock anytime soon? 

I think it's due in the 4th quarter 2023, but no idea what the extent of the dry dock  work would be.

Edited by Stockjock

18 hours ago, tonto524 said:

Unable to get new cabin assignments yet for our b2b Nov 6 and 13. I’d like to know sooner rather than later to figure out what we will do. 

I am waiting for those dates as well.  They are now showing as cancelled on my list of pending cruises.  I expect they will be assigning soon.  My TA called and was not able to get assignments yet.  

11 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I think it's due in the 4th quarter 2023, but no idea what the extent of the dry dock  work would be.

As I recall they did a drydock in 2021 to take care of Marine Maintenace, but postponed work in other areas.   

10 hours ago, like2cruise99 said:

No- it shows the April 30 TA from NJ to Rome. I should eventually be switched over to April 30 Brilliance from Vancouver.

On 7/25/2022 at 7:11 PM, Billy Baltic said:

If I’m reading correctly:

June
Sun, Jun 25. 2023
July
Sun, Jul 23, 2023
August
Sun, Aug 20, 2023

If you’re interested prices have dropped a lot today!  Certainly more realistic! 

36EF7032-7A5B-4518-9F5A-8B1447F428DB.png

Edited by little britain

13 minutes ago, little britain said:

If you’re interested prices have dropped a lot today!  Certainly more realistic! 

36EF7032-7A5B-4518-9F5A-8B1447F428DB.png

Strange... those are all one day off from the dates I am seeing on the TA site.  And no balconies or suites are showing as available.

1 minute ago, vjmatty said:

Strange... those are all one day off from the dates I am seeing on the TA site.  And no balconies or suites are showing as available.

Screen grab taken on 25/6. Same sail dates. You can see the price difference! 

Perhaps TA has thrown in flight and hotel? 

E72F83F0-19DA-4C87-8D1F-0C8618C0E771.png

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

Screen grab taken on 25/6. Same sail dates. You can see the price difference! 

Perhaps TA has thrown in flight and hotel? 

E72F83F0-19DA-4C87-8D1F-0C8618C0E771.png

I'm sorry, I couldn't tell from your first screen shot that you were talking about Radiance form Cyprus.  I thought those were Brilliance-changed-to-Enchantment dates.  My bad!