Geiranger, Mt Dalsnibba & Eagle Road excursion...

Holland Amer Rotterdam ship's 3 hour bus excursion to Mt Dalsnibba & Eagle Road is $130 per person.

We've found another indy tour company that has 3.5 hour tour, that includes: Bus fare, Guided Tour, Admission to Mount Dalsnibba/Geiranger Skywalk, Back in time guarantee (for cruise ship passengers), Free Cancellation, VAT, & Photo stop at Flydalsjuve Djupvashytta, & The waterfall “Seven Sisters" , for $65 per person.  They pick us up & drop off directly at the cruise port pier.

Reading the 14 reviews from HAL cruisers, everyone loved the ship's excursion, a must do, gave it 4.5 stars reviews, however thought it's overpriced for just bus ride, & TripAdvisor gave the indy tour company 5 stars, with 106 out of 125 reviews as 5 stars.

So any risk doing the tour thru indy company...?

Thanks,

We have done the Panorama tour a few years ago. So easy to do by yourself indeed. Pre book or else the tour might be full. You will enjoy it!

Edited by Ine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Thanks for the awesome posts/replies above!

Just booked that PANORAMA EXCLUSIVE BUS.

Don't understand why/how HAL cruise line's excursion is over twice as expensive...

That's how the industry work.

Cruise lines will keep marking up excursions as far as they keep getting suckers coughing up those inflated prices.   Unless, return to ship is in jeopardy, it never makes any  economic sense to buy cruise excursions from the cruise line itself.

There are times when ship exclusion has no competition  (due to contract exclusions or just by the nature of the excursion like specialized technical stop drop/pickup)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ine said:

I checked it again and we did this one, since it was by minibus with 16 passengers. 

Great tour. https://www.visitnorway.com/listings/panorama-exclusive-bus-geiranger/205516/?fbclid=IwAR0_KpF6NirSHIj2yOObUlgeh-AGSgP36ZmIugnNVad3z654sHPA_2RCgoc

Good evening Ine,  Second time in Geiranger we booked seats in an 16-seater too, but in May this year the small bus could not be reserved anymore.  JMO: maybe they reduce traffic up and down the small roads  by using the  bigger busses. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MAVIP said:

Good evening Ine,  Second time in Geiranger we booked seats in an 16-seater too, but in May this year the small bus could not be reserved anymore.  JMO: maybe they reduce traffic up and down the small roads  by using the  bigger busses. 

I did not know that, too bad, we liked the small group in the minibus. But I am sure the tour is still worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dfish said:

Just back from Norway and we did the indy Panorama Exclusive tour.  It was fabulous and they do a great job sticking to the schedule.  

Thanks for the report!  Were you in the 16-seat mini-bus or a full-sized coach? 

47 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks for the report!  Were you in the 16-seat mini-bus or a full-sized coach? 

It was a full sized coach.  Two ships in port and increased demand warranted the coach.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, GMaCarolK said:

The Panorama Exclusive Tour is not available on May 11, 2023 when Celebrity Apex will be in Geiranger. The Celebrity tour is sold out.  Any suggestions for other tour companies that go to Dalsnibba?

Here you go.  These folks get good reviews.  We haven't used them yet personally, but are booked with them for another port this coming summer. 

I checked your May 11 date, and they still have room on their Geiranger, Mt. Dalsnibba and Eagle Road Tour.   (It's showing as "partially booked.")

https://www.norwayexcursions.com/en/destinations-in-norway/geiranger/

Note their caveat that:  "In the month of May, the road to Mount Dalsnibba may still be closed (snow and risk of avalanches). Should the road be closed on the day of your visit, our stop there will be replaced with a visit to another beautiful place. Rest assured that this will not lessen the duration or the quality of the tour."

https://www.norwayexcursions.com/en/tour/geiranger-mount-dalsnibba-and-eagle-road/

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

That early in the season, a lot of operators may not be in full swing (or even operating) yet.

Also, I wouldn’t expect to get all the way to the top that early in May. The earliest I’ve visited was around the 20th and the road wasn’t open yet. But with global warming shortening the winters, you never know.

The views are still nice on the way up, regardless. And at any time of year when the clouds are low, there isn’t much of a view from the highest point, so it’s not a dealbreaker.

On 8/2/2022 at 2:08 PM, dfish said:

Just back from Norway and we did the indy Panorama Exclusive tour.  It was fabulous and they do a great job sticking to the schedule.  

Debbie was this a 16 or 45 pax bus?

• 2 months later...

Hi - we'll be in Geiranger from 10am-7pm on Sat July 29.  I'm also interested in booking the panorama bus tour. Choices are 11am and 230pm.  I'm wondering with the 3hr tour if there would be any concern getting back to the port on time and secondly, is there a better time of day to go for viewing, ie due to fog or other inclement weather.  I'm leaning towards booking the 230pm timeslot.

This is a tender port.  I would be concerned about getting off the ship in time for the 11 slot.  The thing with mountains is, you never know when clouds roll in.  The time of the day has no bearing, like morning fog at the ocean beach.  I would go with the late time if it was me.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dancing Shoes said:

This is a tender port.  I would be concerned about getting off the ship in time for the 11 slot. 

It’s not a tender port for all ships. From my reading here on CC, one ship is assigned the sea walk — a sort of floating dock that allows guests to just walk off their ship. 

@queen_kathy1 did not say what ship she’s on, but looking at the official cruise port calendar (at the link below), the Nieuw Statendam will be in Geiranger on July 29 from 10am-7pm, and will be at position 4B/SW.  From what I’ve read in this forum, SW is the sea walk.  

https://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/cruise-calls/

• Like 2

On 4/5/2023 at 11:36 PM, Turtles06 said:

It’s not a tender port for all ships. From my reading here on CC, one ship is assigned the sea walk — a sort of floating dock that allows guests to just walk off their ship. 

@queen_kathy1 did not say what ship she’s on, but looking at the official cruise port calendar (at the link below), the Nieuw Statendam will be in Geiranger on July 29 from 10am-7pm, and will be at position 4B/SW.  From what I’ve read in this forum, SW is the sea walk.  

https://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/cruise-calls/

Thank you Turtle!  We are on Nieuw Statendam.  I didn't realize it is a tender port so I fully agree with you then, that it's best to take the afternoon tour.  I hope there's no issue getting back to the boat on time!

22 hours ago, queen_kathy1 said:

Thank you Turtle!  We are on Nieuw Statendam.  I didn't realize it is a tender port so I fully agree with you then, that it's best to take the afternoon tour.  I hope there's no issue getting back to the boat on time!

If SW is mentioned for Nieuw Statendam, it will attach to the Sea Walk. Arrival at 10 and bus at 11 (be there at 10.45) should not be a problem if you walk off at f.e. 10:15 (bus stop is real close). And a 3hr tour from 14.30 on will not cause problems with departure of NS at 19.00.