HOBBY FLIGHT

Bleueyes44

On 7/20/2022 at 4:02 PM, Bleueyes44 said:

Hi all, 

Need some help, looking to book a flight after our cruise.  I'm looking at a 12:50 out of Hobby on a Thursday in November is it doable?

Certainly hope so.  Due to a change we have a Noon flight out of Hobby in September.  Last time out of Galveston we had a later flight (3:30), but made it to the airport by 9:30 or so without any rush.  We had to wait a couple of hours before we could even check our luggage.  That was before Covid a few years ago, but hopefully this time will be good as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have sailed from Galveston quite a few times.  In my opinion, the easiest and least stressful transportation from the pier to either Hobby or IAH is the cruise line transportation.  Getting from the airports to Galveston is another story.  Because we always get the the port at least a day early, the transportation offered by the cruise lines isn't really an option but there are a number of reliable shared ride shuttles.  Just Google it and pick the one that suits your fancy.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn’t do an 1130 but 1250 is good.  We were off the Liberty recently by 9:45 with early luggage tags and drove past Hobby around 11:00.  With the new terminal and facial recognition it may go faster but of course it’s a bigger ship.  Until the new terminal, customs is very slow and takes 45 minutes to an hour in line. 

• 2 weeks later...