****CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #3 -‐- JULY 21, 2022***

Host Carolyn

Maybe if a lot of people share with Carnival the following which is on the Bermuda government website where you apply for the Travel Authorization. We still have to wait for the ok from Carnival, but.....

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Cruise Passenger Travel Authorisation

All Cruise travellers arriving October 25 2022 onwards will no longer require a pre-travel test, arrival test or a day 4 test. Unvaccinated non-resident travellers will still be required to upload valid proof of travel health insurance to enter Bermuda. 

Up to and including October 24, the requirements below apply to visitors arriving in Bermuda.

Effective 22 August 2022:

5 hours ago, CruiseToSmile said:

Maybe if a lot of people share with Carnival the following which is on the Bermuda government website where you apply for the Travel Authorization. We still have to wait for the ok from Carnival, but.....

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Cruise Passenger Travel Authorisation

All Cruise travellers arriving October 25 2022 onwards will no longer require a pre-travel test, arrival test or a day 4 test. Unvaccinated non-resident travellers will still be required to upload valid proof of travel health insurance to enter Bermuda. 

Up to and including October 24, the requirements below apply to visitors arriving in Bermuda.

Effective 22 August 2022:

Right, wouldn't you think Carnival could get their own website updated, just read what Bermuda is now saying, frustrating for me anyway. Not sure what other cruisers who dock in Bermuda October 25 are doing.

Howdy friends,

We are considering a cruise around Christmas of this year.

If I understand correctly reading on Carnivals website (Please, correct me if I’m wrong or if you have had different experiences).

We are planning on going out of Galveston TX and cruising Carb/Mexico.  If we are not vaccinated is the ONLY requirement simply to take a personal self test and then take a picture of it for each person crushing with our name and date on a piece of paper 3 days before cruising?  That seems so simple so I just wanted to confirm that I correctly understood?

Can anyone else also confirm the current mask requirements (in general) on board the ship and at ports?

Thank you for your kind help.

Sincerely,

Brandon

4 hours ago, brandon8181 said:

Howdy friends,

We are considering a cruise around Christmas of this year.

If I understand correctly reading on Carnivals website (Please, correct me if I’m wrong or if you have had different experiences).

We are planning on going out of Galveston TX and cruising Carb/Mexico.  If we are not vaccinated is the ONLY requirement simply to take a personal self test and then take a picture of it for each person crushing with our name and date on a piece of paper 3 days before cruising?  That seems so simple so I just wanted to confirm that I correctly understood?

Can anyone else also confirm the current mask requirements (in general) on board the ship and at ports?

Thank you for your kind help.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Hi Brandon.  Your understanding of the test requirements is correct.  Masks are optional for all passengers on the ships and in all the ports you're going to visit.  One gotcha you didn't mention is that if you're visiting Grand Turk, Tortola, or Cartagena, adult passengers who are unvaccinated will have to stay on the ship while in any of those ports.  This stuff is subject to change with little or no notice, so it's wise to keep an eye on things.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Honolulu Blue

in addition to Brandon's question, am I the only one who thinks it's odd that you can take an at home test and simply take a picture of it with name and date? I'm cruising next month and would much rather spend the $20 on an at home test than the $100 at a pharmacy. Has anyone boarded with only an at home test?  sorry if this is a repetitive question. I couldn't find it anywhere in the thread.

Thanks

2 hours ago, peacefrog said:

in addition to Brandon's question, am I the only one who thinks it's odd that you can take an at home test and simply take a picture of it with name and date? I'm cruising next month and would much rather spend the $20 on an at home test than the $100 at a pharmacy. Has anyone boarded with only an at home test?  sorry if this is a repetitive question. I couldn't find it anywhere in the thread.

Thanks

It is very odd, and about as useful as those paper self health screenings you used to have to fill out upon arrival.

Others have posted that this is the case, in another thread. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 1:56 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

It is very odd, and about as useful as those paper self health screenings you used to have to fill out upon arrival.

Others have posted that this is the case, in another thread. 

the at home test we used  have a E Med email attached 

I have attached Carnival's letter a "PDF", regarding the current COVID testing Policy as of October 25, 2022. ; (same as the previous post only a "PDF".)  Since I am on a back to back cruise, 8 days followed by 14 days, do I need a formal test and create a "VeriFLY" pass. Or, would these be considered separate cruises. Since my 14 day cruise is a charter it is still months before I even get a booking number for the second part.  This is considering Carnivals latest communication stating "... vaccines, proof of vaccination, and testing for unvaccinated guests, are no longer required on cruises of 15 nights or less."

Perhaps, since the number of us doing a back to back is so low, they may test us individually or not at all.  I guess the important test would be before the second Part of the back to back cruise anyway. 

Any thoughts on how they might handle this would be helpful. It is too bad they didn't specifically state the protocols for cruises over 15 nights.

Last year, I had COVID and was still testing Positive and had to cancel the first week, but was negative for the wondrous second half of the trip.

carnivalcruiselineemail.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Howdy. I will be cruising a partial transit on the Pride next year. Stops being Limon and Grand Cayman. I've cruised multiple cruise lines, but this will be my first post covid.

My covid vaccination card states the first vaccine  (Janssen) I had expires 1/29/23. I also had three boosters, 11/29/21, and 4/4/22, and 11/28/22. Would I need another vaccine to be up to date, or do the three boosters cover that?

I should probably do that precruise  covid test three days before embarkation? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 11:57 AM, vegnorf said:

Howdy. I will be cruising a partial transit on the Pride next year. Stops being Limon and Grand Cayman. I've cruised multiple cruise lines, but this will be my first post covid.

My covid vaccination card states the first vaccine  (Janssen) I had expires 1/29/23. I also had three boosters, 11/29/21, and 4/4/22, and 11/28/22. Would I need another vaccine to be up to date, or do the three boosters cover that?

I should probably do that precruise  covid test three days before embarkation? 

Nothing needed now ,   to cruise back to normal  ,no mask no nothing , Everyone can cruise !!

• Like 1

• LauraS unpinned this topic